Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

About half-an-hour later the girls had re-packed and went downstairs to find Sam, Dean and Bobby sat in the office drinking beer “Seriously, guys, it’s only like two o’ clock.” Penina said “Are you guy’s alcoholics or what?”

“Chill out, we don’t drink that much.” Dean said, putting his bottle down “Anyway, we think we’ve found a case. It’ll take us just over a day to drive there. We’d better get going now and we’ll explain it to you once we get there.”

“Just over a day?” Penina asked “Jesus Christ.”

“Yeah, so let’s go get in the car.” Sam said, getting up.

The four of them piled into the car after saying goodbye to Bobby and started the long car journey “Can’t you just explain the case to us now?” Penina asked “You know, since we’re going to be in the car for a long time anyway.”

“I suppose so.” Sam said, pulling out some paperwork from a folder and looking at it on his lap “It’s nothing too complicated, just a simple haunting in a family home. We’ve agreed to go and talk to the family, find out what’s been happening, convince them to leave the house and then we’ll either burn the bones or find the object that the spirit’s attached to.”

“So it’s basically kind of like the other hunt except a bit easier?” Penina asked “And a lot further away.”

“Well, yeah, I suppose so.” Sam said “And you two are gonna listen to what we say so that you don’t get hurt again.”

“Are you ever going to let that go?” Penina asked “Jeez.”

“No, not until you’ve proved that you two can listen to us.” Dean said “We’re going to let you help us out but sometimes, when it’s too dangerous, we’ll ask you to stay out of it. Do you think you two can handle that?”

“Yes,” Hozzie said, throwing Penina a look “Trust me, we can.”

“So we’re going to miss out on all the fun stuff?” Penina asked with a pout.

“Penina-”

“I get it; I get it, no need to lecture me again. I’ll listen, whatever you want.” Penina said, slumping down in her seat “Who wants to play a game?”

“Like what?” Hozzie asked.

“I don’t know. We could play the shipping game.”

“Okay, great idea.” Hozzie grinned “So what’s first?”

“Any Super Hero. Marvel, DC, whatever.” Penina said “I’ll go first. I would ship you with... Superman.”

“Yes, he’s my favourite!” Hozzie cried “Okay, I’d ship you with Iron man.”

“Why?”

“Because I feel like you’d get on well together. You’re both pretty sarcastic and he has a lot of money which would make you happy.”

“That’s very true.” Penina said “Okay, who would you ship Sam with?”

“Definitely Thor.”

“Excuse me?” Sam asked, turning around in his seat.

“You remind me of Thor so I think you’d be a good match.”

“Dean would definitely be with Batman. I can totally see it.”

“Oh My God, so do I!”

“I think I know where you’re coming from.” Dean said, nodding his head “I would definitely be pretty good with Batman.”

“Dean, do you hear yourself?” Sam asked while Hozzie and Penina giggled.

“Are you saying that I wouldn’t be good with Batman, Sam? Is that what you’re implying here?”

“Do you know what Dean? I take it back. You’d be perfect for Batman so I’m sorry I doubted you.”

Penina giggled “Okay, what’s next then?”




They’d been travelling for about six hours when Penina and Hozzie lost their enthusiasm for the long car journey “Are we going to stop at any point on this road trip?” Hozzie asked “I really need to pee.”

“I swear, you need to use the bathroom like every ten minutes.” Dean said.

“That is true but it’s been six hours Dean. I can’t seriously be the only one who needs to go to the bathroom.”

“Yeah, Hozzie’s right, I need to pee too.” Penina said, sitting up and shifting around on her seat “And I’m really uncomfortable. I wouldn’t mind getting something to eat.”

“Neither would I.” Hozzie said.

“Jesus Christ.” Dean said, rolling his eyes.

“They’ve got a point actually, I’m starving.” Sam said “It’s only a simple case anyway. It wouldn’t hurt to stop just for a little bit.”

“Okay, fine, but this is our last stop until breakfast.” Dean said, looking out for signs on the side of the road.

After another ten minutes they eventually found a small cafe that Dean pulled into. Hozzie leaped straight out of the car and ran towards it, with her legs together because she was so desperate to use the bathroom “I thought you needed to pee too.” Dean said.

“No, I just made that up so that you would take pity on Hozzie and stop the car.” Penina said with a grin “I am officially the best sister ever.”

Dean rolled his eyes “I was planning on stopping anyway.”

“That’s bullshit and we both know it. Come on, admit it, if the three of us hadn’t thought it was a good to stop then you never would have.” Penina said.

The three of them started walking to the cafe “Are you actually hungry then or was that a lie too?” Dean asked.

“I never lied Dean, I told a fib.” Penina said “And no, it wasn’t, I’m starving. Don’t act like you’re not either, you’re hungry pretty much all of the time.”

“She’s got you there.”

“Aw crap, I forgot to bring my wallet.” Dean said “I’m gonna go back to the car and get it.”

“I’ll come with you.” Penina said.

“I’ll go and find Hozzie then.” Sam said “And get the four of us a table.”

Penina and Dean walked back over to the car “Why did you wanna come with me?” Dean asked.

“Quality time with my eldest brother?” Penina suggested “Protection in case you get mugged.”

“Very funny,” Dean said sarcastically “Now come on, what’s the real reason?”

“I don’t know. Even though you yell at us and moan all the time, I feel closer to you than I do to Sam.” Penina shrugged her shoulders “Maybe it’s because we’re more alike.”

Dean smiled at her “Yeah, it could be.”

“Dean! Penina!”

The two of them snapped their heads in the direction of the voice and saw Hozzie running towards them, tears rolling down her cheeks. When she got closer they saw her face was bruised “What the hell happened?” Dean asked “Where’s Sam?”

“Azazel was in there.” Hozzie sobbed “And a bunch of other demons. They knocked Sam out and took him, I don’t know where. I tried to fight them off but they were all stronger than me. I’m so sorry!”

“Hey, hey, it’s okay.” Dean said, hugging her “It’s okay, I bet Sam’s got his phone on him and we put tracking devices in them ages ago in case either one of us went missing. I’ll phone Bobby, get him to look up his location and we’ll go and get him back. Okay? Don’t worry about Sam.”

“Why did they take Sam but not Hozzie though?”

Dean ran his fingers through his hair “A little while ago... Sam started having premonitions. We believe that Azazel did something to him and other people when they were children to give them ‘powers’. I think he’s gathering them altogether to start an army or something. I’m not sure. But we need to find him as soon as possible.”
Sign up to rate and review this story