Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

Dean sat on the hood of his car and phoned Bobby who tracked his phone and found his location within ten minutes. It was in an abandoned town about ten hours away in the opposite direction they’d been driving in. Dean told Bobby they’d pick him up on the way there. They needed all the people they could get to help Sam.

They got into the car, Penina and Hozzie staying in the back while Dean drove the car in the front. The impala seemed extremely empty without Sam “Girls,” Dean said “I know you don’t wanna hear this but I think this is one fight you two should stay out of.”

“No.” Penina said “We can’t stay out of this, Sam’s in trouble and we need to help him.”

“I know we promised we’d listen to you from now on but this is the one exception.” Hozzie said “You said yourself that you needed all the people you could get to help Sam.”

“Me and Hozzie don’t know much about hunting but we could be pretty good distractions.” Penina said “We’re coming with you Dean whether you like it or not.”

“I can’t believe the drive is going to take so long.” Dean said, not mentioning the fact that they were coming with them “Anything could happen to Sam in that time.”

“You said you think they want him as part of an army.” Hozzie said “That means they probably won’t hurt him.”

“Yeah but I don’t know if that’s the truth.” Dean said.

“Well there’s got to be a reason why they left me behind and only took Sam.” Hozzie said “So I think your idea is pretty reasonable.”

“I can’t let anything happen to him.” Dean said “I’m the one that dragged him into this mess when I picked him up from Stanford. If he dies then his blood is on my hands.”

“He’s not going to die, okay?” Penina re-assured him “We’ll get there in plenty of time and he’ll be okay. Honestly.”

“Look, girls, I don’t really wanna talk about this right now.” Dean said in a defeated voice “You two should try and get some sleep so you have energy for tomorrow.”

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Hozzie asked.

“Don’t worry about me and don’t worry about Sam either. Just get some rest.” Dean said.

The girls looked at each other sadly but settled down and tried to get some sleep although all they could think about was Sam and whether he was okay.




Penina was the first to wake up out of the twins and Bobby was driving with the impala with Dean fast asleep in the passenger’s seat “Morning Bobby.” Penina whispered “Are we nearly there?”

“Yeah, we’re about ten minutes away. We’re going to have walk some of it on foot though. Azazel made it so no one could drive in or out. It’s pretty complicated; we’re going to have to go through bushes and stuff.” Bobby whispered back “I wanted to let you three sleep as much as you could. Especially Dean, I had to force him to get some rest. That boy can be so stubborn.”

“Tell me about it.” Penina said “I’m just impressed he let us come with you guys.”

“From what I’ve heard he didn’t have much choice about it.” Bobby said “Besides, we need everyone we can get to help Sam. No one knows what Azazel’s planning but it ain’t gonna be good. I have no idea what we’re planning to do but let’s hope to Hell that it works.”

“I’m sure we’ll think of something.” Penina said.

Hozzie opened her eyes slowly and sat up. She asked the same questions Penina had and soon after Dean woke up to ask the same questions but more aggressively “Do you have the colt with you?” Bobby asked.

“Yeah, it’s in the boot of the car.” Dean replied.

“Did you tell Dad about any of this?” Hozzie asked.

“I tried phoning him when Bobby took over driving but he didn’t answer. I tried him five times but he ignored his phone.” Dean sighed “We could’ve really used his help but I guess he’s too pissed at me to answer his phone. I tried blocking the number but I’m guessing he knew it was me.”

“He would’ve known it was an emergency.” Penina said angrily “He should’ve answered the goddamn phone. He never answered when me and Hozzie phoned him even though he said we could call whenever we had a problem. What a complete waste of a Dad he was.”

“I know Dad has his reasons for not phoning. It’s just kind of pointless of him to be hunting down Azazel when we’ve found where he is.” Dean said. Bobby stopped the car “Why have we stopped here?”

“This is where the road ends.” Bobby said as if it were obvious “We’re going to have to walk from here.”

“Okay, fine.” Dean got out of the car and the others followed him to the boot of the car. He took the colt and put it in his pocket. He handed Hozzie and Penina a bottle of holy water each and both of them a knife “They don’t kill demons.” Dean said “But they can do some serious damage. You use it, call me or Bobby and we’ll help you, okay?” Hozzie and Penina nodded “Our priority is finding Sam and making sure he’s okay. For now, let’s just forget about yellow eyes.”

“Okay.” Penina said and the four of them started walking through the thick forest to try and find Sam “Are you sure we’re going the right way?” Penina asked nervously “We don’t have any more time to waste.”

“Trust me Penina; this is definitely the right way.” Bobby said “I looked it up and memorised the route pretty much all of last night. I want to get Sam back just as much as you three do.”

Penina nodded and they all walked in silence until they reached a clearing. The first person they saw was Sam who was limping away from someone. There was a lot of distance between the four of them and Sam “Sam!” Dean shouted, running towards him, the others following quickly.

“Dean.” Sam said in a weak voice, walking towards them with relief in his eyes. It was short-lived though as he got closer, his face suddenly twisted in pain.

Hozzie and Penina had a sudden flashback to the receptionist outside the shed and instantly knew what had happened. They both screamed “No!” Dean yelled, running towards him.

Bobby pulled a gun out of his pocket and when Sam fell, they could easily see who had killed him. But he disappeared quickly before any of them could truly react.

Dean ran over and grabbed Sam, hugging him close and saying reassuring things. Whether it was to himself or Sam, the girls didn’t know. They watched the two of them and saw Sam’s body slump forwards. He had died.

Dean hugged him hard, saying the word ‘no’ over and over again. Bobby watched them both in silence. Hozzie burst into hysterical tears and Penina wrapped her arms around her, in too much shock to do anything else.
Sign up to rate and review this story