Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

Ellen’s daughter Jo came round to Bobby’s while Bobby and Dean were still in the other room ‘talking’. No one could hear what they were saying but they could hear the angry buzz of their voices so they knew it was definitely an argument. Jo introduced herself to the two girls then helped herself to a beer “Who would’ve wanted to burn down the roadhouse anyway?” Jo asked “What’s the deal with that?”

“There were a lot of hunters in there.” Ellen said “Something probably wanted to kill off the competition as much as it could.”

“Maybe it was Azazel.” Penina suggested “If he’s planning something then he won’t want a load of hunters trying to stop him.”

“That would make sense.” Sam said, nodding his head “Was it that busy when you left Ellen?”

“No more than usual.” Ellen said “In fact, not as busy as it normally is. Azazel can’t have killed off that many hunters. Especially since not every customer we get is necessarily a hunter.”

“Well, I know where he’ll be.” Sam said “And we have the colt to kill him. We just don’t know what he’s planning to do. He’ll know that we’re after him.”

“Not necessarily.” Penina said carefully “He might think that you’re not up to it and that by the time he’s finished it’ll be too late.”

“We need to get leaving now.” Sam said “What are Bobby and Dean arguing about?”

“Who knows?” Hozzie asked “Me and Penina will go and get them.”

“Why do I have to come with you?” Penina asked.

“Because I said so.” Hozzie hissed, grabbing Penina’s wrist and pulling her with her. She looked back over her shoulder and said to Sam “You should call Dad. He’d wanna be there to kill the demon too.”

Hozzie and Penina went into the other room where Dean and Bobby weren’t arguing anymore. Bobby looked like he was going to burst into tears and Dean was saying “Don’t tell them yet, please don’t tell them yet.”

“Tell who what?” Penina asked.

Both men jumped and turned to look at the twins standing just inside the doorway “Nothing, it doesn’t matter.” Dean said quickly which was stupid when both girls knew it was something “Are we going to get Azazel then?”

“Not until you tell us what’s going on.” Penina said, crossing her arms.

Dean sighed “Penina, killing Azazel is the most important thing right now. I promise you that once all this is over, I will explain everything to you both and to Sam as well.”

“You did something to get him back, didn’t you?” Penina asked quietly “Bobby said it wouldn’t be good. What did you do?”

“I’ll explain everything, I promise.” Dean said “You two don’t have anything to worry about. Let’s go and get Azazel. Should I try ringing Dad?”

“Sam’s doing it now.” Hozzie said “You promise you’re going to be okay?”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry about it.” Dean said but he purposely didn’t promise anything.

They went back into the kitchen to get Ellen, Jo and Sam “Did you get in touch with Dad?” Hozzie asked.

Sam nodded “He said he’ll meet us there and not to do anything until he’s there.”

“Let’s go then.” Dean said “Us four in my car, you three in Bobby’s. Okay?”

Everyone agreed and went to get into the cars. Penina and Hozzie travelled with Sam and Dean of course “What do you think Azazel’s planning to do?” Penina asked.

“I have no idea.” Sam said, running his fingers through his hair “But if he’s killing off hunters then it’s got to be something big. He must be using Jake to do something but I’m not sure what. I guess we’ll find out when we get there. This should be fun.”

“Yeah, totally.” Hozzie said “Me and Penina have absolutely no idea what we’re doing.”

“Don’t worry; we’ll look out for you. That’s our job.” Dean said “We’ve got the colt, we can kill Azazel. Then we’ll have to take down Jake as well.”

“Dean, come on, he’s only human.” Sam said, not knowing that Jake had killed him yesterday “It’s not like it’s his fault that he’s been dragged into this mess.”

“Sam, you don’t understand.” Dean said “If we find him, we’re going to kill him. That’s the way it is.”

“How can you make a decision like that?” Sam asked “You don’t even know the guy.”

“I know him well enough, okay?”

“No you don’t, you’ve never met-”

“Let’s just focus on killing Azazel first and we’ll think about Jake later, okay?” Penina suggested quickly. Hozzie had her hands over her ears so she couldn’t hear the argument “We need a plan or something. Otherwise we’ll just show up and get killed straightaway or something.”




The arguing was forgotten for the rest of the journey but Sam could tell that something weird was definitely happening. There was something that his siblings knew but he didn’t. He didn’t have time to think about it though when they pulled up and saw Jake walking towards a large pair of doors. They piled out of the car and ran towards him “Hey!” Sam snapped.

Their Dad wasn’t there yet but they could hardly wait for him to show up. Jake turned around and found the seven of them standing behind him. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw Sam “How are you here?” He asked.

Sam shrugged his shoulders “Does that matter? I’m here. What’s Azazel plan?”

“Why do you think I’d tell you?” Jake asked, forgetting his confusion about Sam’s death.

“You don’t need to do this.” Sam said “We’ve got the colt, we can kill Azazel and we can just forget all about this. Don’t give into him.”

“I don’t have a choice.” Jake said “He’s threatened my family. I need to protect them.”

“Once he’s dead he won’t be able to hurt your family.” Sam said, stepping closer to him “You don’t need to do this.”

“Stay away from me!” Jake yelled. He used his telepathic powers to make Ellen hold her gun to her own head “Now drop your weapons or I’ll make her shoot herself.”

The six of them looked towards Ellen then back at Jake before slowly letting their weapons fall to the ground. Jake smirked in triumph then turned towards the large doors and inserted a key into the pentagon shape. The doors started to open slowly by themselves. While his back was turned and he was distracted, Sam picked up his gun and shot Jake in the back of the head. Jake fell to the floor, instantly dead and they watched the doors that were halfway open “It’s a Devil’s Gate.” Dean said.

“What’s a Devil’s Gate?” Hozzie asked worriedly.

“It’s a doorway to Hell.” Dean said, watching as things came rushing out through the open doors “We need to shut it!”

He took one step towards us but was pushed back by something. Everyone whipped their heads around to find Azazel watching them with a smile on his face. Sam grabbed the colt and aimed it towards him but the demon flicked him away with a single movement of his hand. The others tried to grab the colt but he sent them all crashing.

Azazel walked towards Dean who was pinned against a tree “You really fell apart when Sammy died, didn’t you?” Azazel asked, loud enough for the others to hear “I still can’t believe that you sold your own soul though. How much did they give you? It definitely wouldn’t have been the regulation of ten years. Come on, how long was it? Five years? Two?” Azazel looked at him and then smiled menacingly “It was one year, wasn’t it? One year left before you get dragged to Hell and leave Sammy all alone with your baby sisters.”

“You shut your damn mouth.” Dean hissed.

“You didn’t really think this whole thing through, did you?” Azazel asked.

Before he could get another word out, he was knocked to the floor by someone. Dean fell to the floor because Azazel couldn’t pin him to the floor anymore. Without thinking about it, he grabbed the colt and aimed it at the demon. Azazel pushed whoever was on top of him off and stood up. Dean pulled the trigger. The bullet hit Azazel in the chest. His entire body flashed and he looked at Dean in disbelief before falling to the floor. It was finally over.

They looked at who had jumped on him and found John, picking himself up from the floor and running his fingers through his hair “I finally got here then.” John said “And it’s over. It’s finally over.”

“What was he talking about Dean?” Penina demanded “What did Azazel mean?”

Dean looked at her, then at Hozzie, then at John and then finally at Sam who looked upset “I died, didn’t I?” Sam asked “That’s why Hozzie was crying when I came out the house. That’s why everyone’s been acting so weird. And you... You sold your soul to bring me back? How the Hell could you do that?”

Dean sighed “Don’t get mad at me.” He said “Don’t you do that. I couldn’t just let you be dead. I’m your big brother, I have to protect you.”

“Dean, I can’t believe you’ve done this.” John said, shaking his head in disbelief “Dean-”

“Let’s just get out of here.” Dean said.

He went to walk back to the car but Sam put his hand on his shoulder “Is it true?” Sam asked “Did you only get a year to live?” Dean paused but eventually nodded, his throat too dry to speak. Sam ran his fingers through his hair and asked quietly “Dean, what have you done?”

“We have to get you out of this deal.” Penina said.

“They said that if I tried to get out of the deal then Sam would die.” Dean said “There’s nothing we can do. I’m gonna go to Hell in a year’s time.”

“No you’re not.” Sam said “I don’t care what happens. We’re not letting you go to Hell.”
Sign up to rate and review this story