Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

It was an emotional car journey home “Why didn’t you just tell us?” Penina asked “We could’ve come with you or something.”

“You wouldn’t have understood.” Dean said.

“Of course we would’ve. Because if we’d have known about cross road deals we’d have done the same thing.” Hozzie said. Hozzie and Penina hadn’t understood how Dean had sold his soul or why it was so unfair that he’d only been given one year so Sam and Dean had explain cross road deals to them.

“No you wouldn’t because I would never let you sell your soul, you got that?” Dean said.

“Dude, if anything happens to Hozzie then I’m straight up selling my soul.” Penina said.

“And I’d do the same for Penina.” Hozzie said, shrugging her shoulders “You two know that it’s what you do for family.”

Dean sighed and felt awful. He was glad that he’d been able to save his brother even though it meant he was going to Hell; he just wished he hadn’t set that example to his sisters. He didn’t mind sacrificing himself for his family but he couldn’t allow them to do something like that to themselves. They had no idea how terrified he was of going to Hell. He knew it was going to be awful. What was worse was that when everyone had agreed to get him out of his crossroads deal, his Dad hadn’t said anything. He’d patted Dean on the shoulder and wished him good luck then left again. Dean had thought that once Azazel was dead he’d ease up and spend more time with the boys but he guessed that wasn’t going to happen.

“But what about once the years up?” Sam asked “Penina, if you sold your soul for Hozzie and went to Hell then Hozzie would be left here by herself. How do you think she’d feel?”

Dean felt that this was a dig at him “Maybe Hozzie would feel happy that her sister loved her so much to save her life.”

“But Hozzie would have to live the rest of her life knowing that Penina died to let her live.”

“I’m sure Hozzie would find a way to live her life with Penina as a good memory and nothing more.”

“Really? Because I think Hozzie would feel really guilty.”

“Hozzie’s starting to feel really uncomfortable about this conversation.” Hozzie said “And it’s clear as day that you’re both talking about each other. I can see both points of view. This is a really difficult situation.”

“You can say that again.” Penina sighed “Dean, I don’t want you to go.”

“He’s not going to go.” Sam said firmly “We’re going to get him out of this deal no matter what happens. Dean won’t be going to Hell.”

“Sam,” Dean said carefully “We’re not sure we can get me out of this deal without you dying.”

“Then I die!” Sam snapped, making Hozzie and Penina jump “That was how this whole thing started. At least if I die, there’s a chance I’ll go to Heaven. You don’t want to go to Hell Dean.”

“No but I didn’t want you to be dead either!” Dean cried “I said I’d never let anything happen to you and I’ll be damned if I don’t do anything.”

“Well you did something and now you are damned.” Sam said but his voice had softened “Dean, how could you be so stupid?”

“Keep talking Sam because at the end of the day, you know you would’ve done the same thing.” Dean said “For now let’s just focus on the time we have together. Remember? Saving people, hunting things, the family business... If we find a way to get me out of this deal then great. But until then, we’ll just have to deal with things the way they are.”

Sam sighed “Okay, fine.”

They talked about nothing in particular until they got back to Bobby’s house. Ellen said that her and Jo were going to stay with a relative until they’d found somewhere else to stay “Will you be okay?” Dean asked her.

“I will.” Ellen said “Will you?”

Dean swallowed then nodded his head uncertainly. Ellen saw this and hugged him tightly “Stay safe Ellen.” Dean said.

“You too, you idiot.” Ellen said.

They waved goodbye to Ellen and Jo then went back inside “What are you going-” Bobby started.

“Bobby, I don’t wanna talk about this.” Dean said “Let’s just get on with hunting, like we normally do. Okay?”

Bobby sighed but nodded “I guess you wanna get on with hunting.”

“You bet my ass I do.” Dean said.

“Good because there’s been a supernatural sighting in Nebraska. There’s two hunters there already but they’ve said they need some help. I figured the five of us could go down there to help them out.”

Dean nodded “Sounds like a plan. Let’s pack up and go then.”

The girls went upstairs to pack again “I feel like all we seem to do is pack these days.” Penina said “It’s kind of weird because when we lived back at our old house we never packed at all because we never went anywhere. We were so isolated from the rest of the world and now we’re going everywhere.”

“I know but I miss the stability of home.” Hozzie said “Everything made sense then. There were no such things as demons or monsters or anything like that. The only person I really care about was you. It was way easier.”

“It was easier having just one person to care about?”

Hozzie sat on the bed, her eyes stinging with tears “It hurt when Sam died. But it’s gonna be worse with Dean. There’s a whole year for it to drag out before he gets taken away from us. Then what will happen?”

Penina sat down next to her and put her arm around her “I’m not gonna lie Hozzie, I’m scared too. But we’ll get Dean out of this deal. Do you seriously think Sam’s going to let him go to Hell?” Hozzie shrugged her shoulders “He’ll be just fine, don’t you worry about it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story