Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“You talked to a demon?” Dean yelled. They were back in the impala. Tamara had left without telling them where she was going, Bobby was in his own car and the siblings were in the impala on their way back to Bobby’s “Let me get this straight. A demon came over to you, started making conversation and the three of you ended up having dinner together. What the Hell?”

“We didn’t have dinner together.” Hozzie said carefully “We just paid for her fries. Then she left and said nothing would harm us if we stayed at the motel.”

“And you seriously believed her?” Dean snapped “I can’t believe this.”

“Why did you pay for her fries?” Sam asked in confusion.

“We didn’t really have a choice...”

“Did she threaten you? Did she force you to pay for the fries?” Dean demanded “What did she say?”

“Did she threaten us to pay for her fries? Um, no. She ordered them and then walked out without paying. She probably forgot or just assumed we’d pay.” Penina said “Stop worrying about it guys, seriously. She was nice.” Penina paused “And she said she could help Dean get out of his deal.”

“Girls, she probably doesn’t have a clue how to get me out of my deal.” Dean said “She just wants something from us and she knows the easiest way to get it. Don’t talk to her again.”

“Don’t tell us what to do.” Penina said stubbornly “Yeah, we talked to her and brought her fries but she was nice to us. And she didn’t say she wanted anything. I just think she wants to help.”

“Penina, I don’t want to offend you or anything but what makes you think you know the first thing about demons?” Dean asked “Either of you? They’re manipulative; they’ll make you think they’re on your side even when they’re not. I’ve known a demon without a motive and I doubt this Ruby chick is any different.”

“But what if she is and she can really help you?” Penina asked “I don’t wanna see you go to Hell Dean.”

“Don’t worry about me, we’ll find a way out of this without relying on a demon. Okay?” Dean said reassuringly “For now though, we need to make the most of our time together and go on as many hunts as we possibly can.”

There was an awkward silence in the impala as they all thought about how quickly the year was going to go.




When they got back Hozzie and Penina went straight to bed without talking to each other. They were exhausted after staying awake all night and wondered how Sam and Dean could’ve ever gotten used to it. It took them about ten seconds to fall asleep in their beds and they slept for most of the day. They would’ve slept longer if Dean hadn’t knocked loudly on their bedroom door “Girls, we’ve got another case and I have a feeling you two will be able to really help us out. Get moving, we’re leaving in twenty minutes.”

“Is he taking the piss?” Hozzie mumbled, putting her pillow over her head.

“If I come back up here in ten minutes and find you both still in bed, I will pour freezing cold all over you. You got that? Get up.”

Hozzie and Penina groaned but pulled themselves out of bed and started getting dressed slowly “How long are we going to be gone?” Penina asked “They always say about five days but we never are. Maybe just one night-”

“But what if we really are gone for five days this time? I’m not lending you my clothes and you can’t afford to buy new ones.”

“Good point. I guess I’ll pack three days. We can always go to a launderette.”

“I have never seen you wash your own clothes.” Hozzie said sleepily “I don’t think I washed mine either. Who did them? Was it Dad?”

“It must’ve been.” Penina said, running her fingers through her hair because she’d lost her hairbrush in one of her many suitcases “If I didn’t do it or you didn’t do it. Come to think of it, they were never clean until he came home.”

“I knew he wasn’t all that useless.” Hozzie said with a small smile “I wish Dad hadn’t just ditched us again. Especially since Dean looks up to him so much and now Dean doesn’t have much longer-”

“Don’t say that.” Penina said “He’ll be okay. We’ll find a way. Even if they don’t trust Ruby, we can talk to her and find out how she wants to help Dean.”

“I don’t know about that.” Hozzie said, frantically shoving her things into her suitcase “Like Dean said, she’s a demon. We can’t trust her.”

“We’re not having this conversation again.”

“Trust me, I don’t want to keep having this conversation.”

“Good, then let’s stop talking about it then. Do you think we’ll be given weapons this time?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think I’ll be much use with a weapon. I’d prefer to do the research stuff with Sam. Also, supernatural creatures scare the hell out of me.” Hozzie said, shuddering “I was okay with that demon yesterday because he just looked like a person. He didn’t come in with black eyes or anything and... We didn’t have to kill him. We just got rid of the demon and the person was okay. I think it can get a whole lot worse.”

“Yeah, I imagine it does.” Penina said “But we’ll be okay, honestly. I can’t wait to actually do stuff. I’m so glad Sam and Dean are starting to trust us.”

The two girls grabbed their suitcases and went downstairs where Sam and Dean were waiting for them. They started driving straightaway “Dude, we didn’t even get any breakfast.” Penina moaned.

“Yeah, I’m absolutely starving. And I’m still exhausted from last night.” Hozzie complained.

“You’ll get used to not a lot of sleep.” Sam told them “And we’ll get breakfast when we’re there, we’re hungry too. It shouldn’t take too long, it’s only a half hour trip.”

“So what’s the case then?” Penina asked.

Sam looked at Dean “Yeah, I meant to tell you guys...” Dean said awkwardly “I didn’t want Bobby to know... There is no case.”

“What do you mean there’s no case?” Penina asked.

“You’d better have a good reason as to why you woke us up and dragged us out in the middle of the night if there’s no case.” Hozzie said.

“It’s eleven o clock in the morning; it’s not exactly the middle of the night.” Dean said “And I didn’t want to tell Bobby because he’d get all upset about it. I kind of... I have a dying wish.”

“But you’re not going to die so you can’t have dying wishes.” Penina said.

“Okay, fine, I have a going-to-Hell wish.” Dean said “Let’s just assume we can’t get me out of this deal, there’s one thing I wanna do before I get dragged down to Hell.”

“And that is?” Sam asked, hurt that he hadn’t told him from the start.

“Remember that girl Lisa I dated eight years ago?”

“Best weekend of your life Lisa?”

“Yeah, the ex-yoga instructor. I wanted to go down to Cicero to hook up with her again.”

“Then why the Hell did we need to come with you?” Penina asked “Sam I can understand, you need a wingman or whatever but me and Hozzie don’t need this.”

“I need you here so Bobby doesn’t get suspicious and think we’re not working a case. Besides, while we’re down here Sam can teach you some more stuff about hunting.” Dean scratched the back of his neck “And I thought it’d be cool to introduce you guys to Lisa.”

“Let me get this straight...” Penina said, narrowing her eyebrows “You invited the three of us here to make you look like a good guy?”

“Well when you put it like that it sounds kind of douchey.”

“That’s ‘cos it kinda is.” Hozzie sighed “Woke us up just so you could get laid... Are you for real?”

“I guess since we’re out here we might as well help you.” Penina said “What if she’s moved since you list came here?”

“Then I guess I’ll have to get over her.” Dean said with a small sigh “But first we need something to eat, I’m starving.”




About two hours later they’d had breakfast, checked into a motel and driven to what Dean believed was Lisa’s house “Okay, you guys need to come with me.” Dean said nervously “I’m not so sure about this.”

“Come on, this is best-weekend-of-your-life Lisa.” Penina said, taking his arm.

“Yeah, and it’s your dying wish. You can’t back out now.” Hozzie said, taking his over arm.

The two girls guided him towards the house while Sam followed them laughing. Penina pressed the doorbell firmly and they waited.

The door opened and a woman about the same age as Dean with dark hair and clear skin opened the door. Her eyes widened “Dean?” She asked “Dean Winchester?”

“Hey Lisa.” He grinned, suddenly losing his nervousness “Me and my siblings were in the neighbourhood and I thought we could drop by. Introduce you to them, then we could catch up... I mean, it’s been eight years.”

“Yeah, yeah...” Lisa said, looking slightly uncomfortable but acted like she was relaxed “You haven’t really come round on the best day. Have you driven a long way?”

“Yeah, we have.” Penina lied.

Lisa bit her lip “Well... I guess you can come in. I guess there’s someone I ought to introduce you to as well. What are your names?”

The girls and Sam introduced themselves as they followed Lisa inside. They quickly noticed the decorations hanging around the house and figured out it was someone’s birthday. Dean glanced out the window and saw a bouncy castle. It looked like it was a kid’s party. But whose kid?

Lisa smiled at Dean “See the little kid standing by the bouncy castle? That’s my son. Ben.”

Dean looked outside and his eyes widened. The small boy looked a lot like Lisa but was wearing similar clothes to Dean “How old is he?” Hozzie asked. His siblings had noticed the similarities too.

“He’s just turned eight.”

The three siblings looked at Dean in disbelief. He’d met Lisa eight years ago? Could Ben be his son?




While Dean went outside to talk to Ben and Sam went outside to talk to a woman he’d spotted, Hozzie and Penina sat in the kitchen with Lisa “So...” Penina said awkwardly “It must’ve been a shock having us turn up. Sorry about that.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” Lisa said “It’s nice to finally see Dean again after all these years... I guess.”

Hozzie and Penina were going to ask her what she meant by that when a woman came into the kitchen with a little girl about the same age as Ben “Lisa, I think me and Katie are just going to go home. I don’t think she’s feeling quite herself.” Katie’s Mother said, then turned to her daughter “You go and wait in the back garden for me. I’ll be out in a second.”

Katie looked at her Mum for a long moment before reluctantly turning away and walking outside. Instead of playing with the other kids like a girl her age normally would, she just stood there and watched her Mum through the window “Is everything okay Lacey?” Lisa asked “You look like you haven’t slept in days.”

Lacey glanced at Katie and then leaned forward “I think... I think there’s something wrong with Katie. She’s been acting weird lately.” Hozzie and Penina glanced at each other “It started on the night she asked to leave her Dad’s so she could home early. And then when he... He...”

“Listen to me.” Lisa said, putting her hands on her shoulders “Katie needs you right now. She’s just lost her Dad. Pull it together for her.”

Lacey shook her head “That’s not my daughter. I don’t know where my Katie is but that’s not her.”

Lisa shook her head in disbelief “Lacey, that’s an awful thing to say. Of course that’s your daughter. And she needs you now more than ever.”

Penina leaned over and whispered to Hozzie “Guess we’d better go tell Sam and Dean. Looks like we have a case here after all.” Both girls looked at Katie outside the window who had stopped staring at her Mum and was now glaring at Lisa. They both shuddered and got up to go find their brothers.
Sign up to rate and review this story