Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“That kid could be mine.” Dean said distractedly “He loves ACDC and girls. Dude, that is basically me.”

“Did you not just listen to us?” Penina asked “We think we have a case. You should have seen the way that girl Katie was acting and her Mum, Lacey I think her name was, said that she wasn’t her daughter. She thinks her real daughter Katie is somewhere else.”

“I can’t be a Dad.” Dean said “I’m going to Hell in a few months for Heaven’s sakes. How’s he going to feel about that?”

“Dean, snap out of it.” Sam said “For one, we have a case to work and also, you don’t even know if he’s your kid. Lisa was more wild eight years ago, she probably slept with a lot of men.”

“Just go and ask Lisa. What have you got to lose?” Hozzie asked “The sooner you do that, the sooner we can work this case.”

“We’ll wait out here for you.” Penina said “Good luck Dean.”

Dean nodded and stood up. He went into the kitchen to find Lisa. The girls looked at Sam “What are you gonna do if Ben is his son?” Penina asked.

“There’s not a lot I can do. It’s up to Dean what he wants to do.” Sam said “It’s difficult to get out of this life though, especially for people who’ve been in the business since they were kids. He wouldn’t want Ben getting involved, whether he was his son or not.”

“Sam, we need to talk about Ruby.” Penina said, her face turning serious.

“Penina...” Hozzie said in a warning tone.

“No, come on. I seriously think she’ll be able to help Dean. She’s a demon, she’s got to know the in’s and out’s of a crossroads deal. She’d know what to do. So what if she wants something in return? At least Dean wouldn’t have to go to Hell.”

Sam sighed “You think I haven’t thought about trusting her? I want to help Dean just as much as you two, if not more. It’s my fault that he’s in this mess in the first place.”

“Don’t be stupid, it’s not your fault. It’s Azazel’s fault.” Hozzie said “Or it’s that guys fault for stabbing you in the first place. You can’t blame yourself.”

“I know, I know.” Sam said, rubbing the palm of his hand against his forehead “We’ll see how things go, okay? We need to talk to Ruby more before deciding whether or not we can trust her. Until then, don’t talk to Dean about her, okay? He won’t like it.”

Before they could reply, Dean sat down next to them “Okay, according to Lisa Ben’s not my child. Apparently she had a DNA test done and it was some biker she met in a bar. Okay, okay, we’re okay...”

“Would you quit freaking out?” Sam asked, raising his eye-brows “We need to go do some research since Penina and Hozzie think we have a case.”

“You know I leave the research to you.” Dean grinned “Come on Sammy, it’s my last year. I’m gonna go have some fun. Who’s with me?”

“I’ll come with you.” Penina laughed, standing up “You coming Hozzie?”

“No, it’s okay; I’ll help Sam with his research.” Hozzie said “You two go and have fun. We’ll call you when things get interesting.”

“Brilliant. Let’s go Penina.” Dean said.




This is your idea of fun?” Penina asked, raising her eye-brows. They were sat in a dusty bar, Dean drinking a beer, Penina drinking a coke because Dean wouldn’t let her have alcohol. Dean was playing a game of pool with someone they’d never met.

“What’s not to like?” Dean asked “What’s your idea of fun?”

“Going to the movies or something. Not sitting in the most depressing pub in America.” Penina sighed “I think I had more fun at school than I did here.”

“Hey, come on.” Dean said, walking over to her “Did you know that a bar is one of the best places to earn money?”

“How exactly? Do you want me to become a prostitute? Is that what you’re hinting at Dean? ‘Cos it ain’t gonna happen.”

“No!” He leaned closer “We hustle pool.” He said quietly.

Penina raised her eye-brows “Wow, you are dangerous.”

“It’s harder than it sounds. Just watch and learn little sis.”

So Penina sat back and watched as Dean kept on earning money throughout the day. It didn’t get any more interesting but she started to pick up a few tricks “How much did you make?” She asked excitedly when Dean stopped playing and walked back over to her.

“More than enough for us to go and watch a movie if that’s what you still wanna do.”

“Jesus Christ, I would love that.” Penina said, sliding off the stool and walking with him outside “Can we get popcorn?”

“Of course we can. The biggest they’ve got.”




“So, Lacey said that Katie’s Dad made her drive Katie home early the night he died.” Sam told Hozzie as he got back to the motel after interviewing Lacey “Apparently she kicked up a massive fuss about wanting to be with her Mum. And now... According to Lacey, Katie’s grown very clingy and distant from other children.”

“That sounds like a changeling.” Hozzie said “I was reading up about them back when it was just me and Penina; I thought they were so creepy but still interesting. Don’t they like feed off the mother or something? Which could be why Katie wanted to go home early that night, because the changeling had already taken her place and she didn’t want to be separated from her Mum.”

“And that would also explain why her Dad mysteriously died.” Sam said “According to Lacey, there have been four other accidents in the neighbourhood that never made the paper. They were all male and they all had children. I guess the mother of these changeling’s is trying to take out the competition. According to lore, if we kill the mother then the changeling’s should go too.”

“Brilliant, we just need to find the mother then.” Hozzie said “How do we kill her once we’ve found her?”

“That’s the bit I’m not sure about yet. I guess we’ll have to do some more research.” He said, getting out his laptop. Hozzie sat next to him and they stared looking through websites.




“Did you actually like that movie?” Dean asked “’Cos I hated it. What an inaccurate portrayal of demons.”

“Real people don’t believe in demons, Dean.” Penina said, finishing the last of their popcorn “You can’t blame them for getting a couple of facts wrong.”

They were walking through the park on their way back to the motel. Dean suddenly stopped so Penina stopped next to him “What’s up with you?”

“Is that Ben sat there by himself?” Dean asked. Penina looked over and nodded “He looks really sad.”

“Go and find out what’s wrong then.” Penina said, rolling her eyes “I’ll wait over here for you.”

“Are you sure I should?”

“Dean, go over and talk to the poor kid.” Penina said, shoving him forwards.

Dean sighed but walked over to where Ben was sat by himself “Hey Ben, you remember me? Dean? From your party?”

“Oh yeah. Hey Dean.” Ben said in a dull voice.

“You wanna tell me what’s wrong?” Dean asked.

Ben sighed but didn’t say anything. Dean looked in the direction that Ben was looking in and saw a small group of boys. A large one was holding onto a game console “Does that kid over there have your game?” Ben nodded “Well go and ask for it back.”

“I did but he wouldn’t give it to me.” Ben sighed.

Dean paused “Do you want me to go over for you?”

“No way! You look like a pussy if you have to send over a grown-up.” Ben said which made Dean laugh.

Penina watched as Dean said something to Ben. Suddenly Ben stood up and walked towards the group of boys. Penina burst out laughing when Ben whacked the chubby one, took the games console and walked over to Dean with a big grin on his face.

His grin was soon gone though when Lisa appeared “Ben! What did you do to him?” She noticed Dean trying to suppress his giggles “Did you tell him to do this?”

Dean swallowed “Um, it might have been my idea but-”

“No, how dare you be such a negative influence on my son.” Lisa said, taking Ben’s hand and starting to pull him away.

Ben pulled away from her and ran over to Dean. He threw his arms round him then looked up and said “Thank you.”

Penina walked over to them as Ben went to join his Mum “Look at those kids over there.” Penina whispered.

Dean looked in the same direction and saw three children staring at them in a creepy way “There’s definitely something going on here.” Dean said “Let’s go find Sam and Hozzie.”
Sign up to rate and review this story