Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

Hozzie and Sam had finished explaining to Penina and Dean what they’d found out “But that means that every child in the neighbourhood is in danger.” Dean said “Which means that Ben’s in danger too.”

“You are becoming obsessed with this kid.” Penina said “I thought you were relieved to find out you weren’t his Dad.”

“I am, I was, but only because I wouldn’t want a kid getting involved with hunting. But I still care about him because I care about Lisa.” Dean stood up “I’m going to check on him.”

“We’ll meet you back here soon then.” Sam said and Dean left.

“Where are we supposed to find this Mother?” Penina asked “She could be absolutely anywhere in this neighbourhood.”

“Me and Dean will find a way to find her, don’t worry about it.” Sam said “There will be a clue somewhere that will lead us to her.”

“If you say so.” Penina said with a yawn “Let’s just wait until Dean gets back.”



About half-an-hour Dean came back “That wasn’t Ben.” Dean said “Something’s happened to him and that changeling shit is in his place. On the bright side though, I think I know where the mother is hiding. There was red sand outside the house. There’s a large house on the other side of town with heaps of red sand outside of it.”

“That’s what we’re going on? Red sand?” Penina asked.

“It’s the only lead we’ve got so we’d better look into it.” Dean said “I called Bobby and he told me the way to kill the changeling’s is definitely through killing the mother and she needs to be set on fire.”

“Okay, we’ve got stuff for that in the impala.” Sam said “We should get going then.”

“You guys are gonna let us come with you?” Hozzie asked excitedly.

“Of course we are, you guys need to get used to this life.” Dean said “Sorry we kept leaving you in the motel room before. It’s just ‘cos we care about you two.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” Penina said as they left the motel room “This is going to be awesome.”

“Me and Dean will be doing the actual torching,” Sam said “Your job is to locate the missing kids. Got that?”

“What do we do if we see the Mother?” Hozzie asked.

“Yell for me and Dean. We’ll be there in seconds, I promise.” Sam said “Are you two sure you’re okay with this? You’re not scared or anything?”

“Of course we’re scared, this is like our second – well third I suppose – hunt.” Penina said “But that doesn’t mean we don’t wanna do it.”

“Yeah, this whole changeling thing is really creepy but I’m glad we’re hunting monsters now instead of demons. Monsters are way more interesting.” Hozzie said.

Sam and Dean chuckled and they started driving towards where they believed the Mother was hiding “After this we really need to get something to eat.” Penina said “I’m starving.”

“We can’t really hunt on a full stomach, that’s why we didn’t get you anything to eat sooner.” Sam said “You’ll forget about it soon with the adrenaline and everything. Then we’ll get you something to eat.”

“Then I can get me some pie!” Dean said.

“I can’t believe you like pie, it’s disgusting.” Penina said, pulling a face.

Dean looked at her in the rear-view mirror in disbelief “You... You don’t like pie?”

“Nope, it’s disgusting.”

“What do you mean it’s disgusting?”

“Guys, let’s not have a pie debate.” Hozzie said.

“I agree with Hozzie.” Sam said quickly “We’re nearly there anyway.”




Dean pulled up outside a large crumbling building that had a pile of red sand outside and got out the car. The others climbed out too and Dean started handing out flashlights “Remember to yell us if you see the mother,” Dean said “If you find the kids then we’ll trust you to get them out of the building safely by yourselves.”

“Awesome, let’s go then.” Penina grinned.

The four of them approached the crumbling house. The front door was blocked so they had to walk around the back and climb in through a broken window. Hozzie and Penina weren’t as experienced of climbing through broken windows as Sam and Dean so they ended up with a few cuts from the glass but they both ignored the stings. Sam and Dean stayed on the ground floor while Penina and Hozzie crept down into the basement where Sam and Dean reckoned the kids would be hidden “How come we have to head down to the creepy basement?” Hozzie whispered “In horror movies that’s always where the first victim dies.”

“Don’t be such a wuss.” Penina whispered back “We’ll be fine. We’ll find the kids and get them out. I bet we won’t even see the mother.”

They made it to the bottom of the stairs and walked into the room quietly. They heard a slight sob from the corner of the room and ran towards it. In the corner of the room there were several cages and inside were children, most of them crying “Hey, hey, it’s okay.” Penina said, going towards them “We’re here to help you. No need to cry.”

“Do you guys know where the key to the cages is?” Hozzie asked.

One kid sat up in his cage and the girls recognised him as Ben “They’re on that wall over there.” He said, pointing his arm through the cage “Is that woman still out there?”

“Don’t worry about her; our brothers are dealing with her.” Penina said “We’ll get you guys outside and then take you all home. Just try not to panic.”

Hozzie came back with the key and unlocked Ben’s cage first “We can’t send them up the stairs.” Hozzie said “Not if the mother’s up there.”

They heard noises from upstairs, rapid footsteps and painful noises to suggest that the mother was up there “What about through there?” Ben suggested.

“Yeah, good idea.” Penina said when she saw the window Ben was pointing towards.

Penina went to open the window while Hozzie continued opening the kid’s cages. Penina pushed the window open and picked up Ben and let him crawl through. She helped out every kid who went through while Ben sat on the other side calling encouragement to them. Then Penina gave Hozzie a boost up so she could crawl through the window before leaning back in and pulling Penina up.

“Okay, that’s the kids taken care of. Do you think Sam and Dean got the mother?”

“Look, there they are.” Hozzie grinned.

Sam and Dean walked over and smiled at the girls “Good job guys.” Sam said “Let’s get these kids home then.”




The last kid they dropped off was Ben because Dean wanted to talk to Lisa about the changelings and his job. Sam objected at first but then understood how important Lisa was to Dean and decided to let him off.

Hozzie and Penina sat in the back of the car “When we can get foooooooood?” Penina whined.
Sign up to rate and review this story