Categories > Games > Dynasty Warriors > Victory of the Fallen

Death Beyond Depression

by AnastaciaAnemone 0 reviews

Zhou Yu has just died, and Xiao is depressed. Lu Xun is here for her, but is xiao willing to love again? LX/XQ/ZY

Category: Dynasty Warriors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Da Qiao, Gan Ning, Huang Gai, Ling Tong, Lu Meng, Lu Xun, Sun Ce, Sun Jian, Sun Quan, Sun Shang Xiang, Taishi Ci, Xiao Qiao, Zhou Tai, Zhou Yu - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-10 - 1040 words

0Unrated
Pairing: Lu Xun/ Xiao Qiao/ Zhou Yu
Genre: Romance

Victory of the Fallen

Flashback
His last thoughts were of Xiao.

He struggled to attack the tall, bearded man before him. His long polearm cut him everywhere, and thin linings of blood seeped through his clothing. The Elder sword that he used for a weapon was no match for this. Beads of sweat (and blood) dripped from his forehead in the blazing heat. Dazed by the sun, he suddenly felt lazy.

The polearm slashed across his chest.

"Argh!"

Slowly he fell backward, his body becoming one with the battlefield. One last breath.

"Xiao..."

He shut his eyes, and fell into an eternal rest.

The Senior strategist of Wu had fallen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Xiao... I hate to bring you this tragic news, dear sister, but Zhou Yu... He has died in battle."

Xiao was speechless for the first time in her life. Her husband, the great Zhou Yu, dead? This must be some horrible, sick joke...

"This can't be happening..." She whispered, tears brimming her amber eyes. "Da, can I be left alone for a moment?" Her sister nodded, and she left the room, closing the door behind her.

As soon as her sister left, Xiao let the tears fall silently on her porcelain face. Her eyes suddenly made contact to her beautiful, diamond wedding ring Yu had given her when he proposed. She shook her head. All the happy memories of them were gone. Her fear of becoming a widow was now true. Dowagers were of no importance. They were just to weep and dream of their spouse for the rest of their life. Xiao swore she would never become "one of them", as she put it. But when her elder sister, Da Qiao, lost Sun Ce, the ruler of the Wu kingdom and Da's husband, Xiao started to fear that she would suddenly lose Yu. Sun Ce had died so young...Xiao had hoped this would never happen to Yu.

Xiao grabbed a handkerchief, wiped her eyes, and exited the room. She needed to relax. Xiao climbed down the steps, since her room was on the second floor. She headed out toward the garden.

After checking to make sure no one was there, Xiao went straight toward the flowers. She lay down and closed her eyes, to reminiscence in the floral scent that belonged to the flowers. Unfortunately, her thoughts would always go straight to Zhou Yu's death. Suddenly , her feelings went from gloom to anger. Why did he die?! Why, of all the people in the world, did it have to be him?! I hate this world! I hate my life! I hate war! I hate Wu!

I hate HIM!

She was still muttering about Yu when a voice broke through the fragrant air.

"Lady Xiao?" The voice belong to Lu Xun, Zhou Yu's apprentice. Or rather, ex-apprentice. He strode over to her, seating himself beside her.

Great, now I have to put up with him? She thought. "Yes, Lord Lu Xun?" Xiao replied. "I'd also prefer if you'd called be Xiao." She added coldly.

"Well, I just thought if you would like some company, after Lord Zhou Yu's-"

"Don't even talk to me about him!" Xiao blurted out, a little loud.

"My apologies, La- Xiao," He answered hastily. Xun sat up. "Well, I must be going now. Goodbye, Xiao." Xun started to leave.

"Wait! Don't leave. Please, come back." Xiao called after him. "I can't stand to be alone." But Xun didn't hear her. He continued walking, until entering the castle.

Stupid, hat-wearing, little fool! Xiao followed after him. Although it was dinner time, Xiao wasn't hungry. She entered her chambers. Xiao tried everything to pass time by. She meditated, but Xiao was known for having very little patience. Xiao practiced the "Dance of Sakura". Annoying and hard to do. Lots of fun. When the music was played, she just rolled her eyes. Light steps, her sister had told her. Light steps and weightless movement are essential to this dance.

Okay, I'll try to do this.. She stepped into her flats. Xiao closed her eyes, and pretended that the world's gravitation had ceased to exist. Step, step, twirl.. Hey, this wasn't so hard!

Until you fall flat on your face, that is.

"Whaa!" She shouted, as she fell. Xiao got up, and dusted her dress off. "Ugh.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao couldn't sleep that night. The bed didn't feel the same without Zhou Yu resting peacefully beside her. He didn't snore, he just lay there, breathing softly while he had slept. This was horrible. She thought of the first time she had met Yu. Oh, how she had hated him, and how he hated her.

Flashback

Xiao was riding a beautiful brown mare around the Wu kingdom. The only reason she was there was so Qiao Xuan, her father, could make some sort of arrangement with Sun Jian, Sun Ce's father. Sun Ce and Da Qiao were in love, and were planning to get married. Yet Xiao had always wondered when her true love would come.

Suddenly a snow white horse came up right beside her. A man with the most beautiful, silky, chocolate hair she had ever seen, with a face like an angel, happened to be on top of that horse.

"Ah, women shouldn't be riding horseback. They might get hurt." He warned her.

"Well, isn't that a fine hello? Let's not be prejudice here!" She waggled her finger at him. Xiao sped up, but the man kept at her pace.

"Are you challenging me?" He asked, slightly shocked.

"Maybe I am." She smirked, and let the horse go faster. The man sped right past her, leaving Xiao thinking, I shall be the victor of this race, not some man! Xiao let the horse go even faster. The race continued on, until she eventually beat him out.

Later that night the man was heckled by the generals because he had been beat out by a woman.

Xiao later learned his name was Zhou Yu. The name slipped right off her tongue. Zhou Yu, Zhou Yu..

End Flashback
A/N: New story! Whoo hoo! Don't know if MSE will ever be updated, but I am not so sure. Next chappie up soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story