Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > There's No Room In This Hell

You Told Me This Gets Harder

by DarknessBliss 0 reviews

Gerard explains to Natalie what's going on and asks her for a favor.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-09-15 - 719 words

-1Illiterate
Ch.2: You Told Me This Gets Harder

“Y-You’re DEAD!!” Natalie screamed and backed herself onto the headstone.
“Wow, you’re so clever!” Gerard exclaimed sarcastically. “Are you Sherlock Holmes?”
“B-But you k-killed another zombie!” she stuttered. Oh god, was this why he rescued her? So he could her for dinner alone?
Gerard exhaled an annoyed sigh, “Don’t lump me with the rest of them. First of all, I’m better-spoken than any of them. Second, I don’t have the carnivorous need for flesh…well, I do but I have better self-control.”
“So why did you rescue me?” she asked a little calmer.
“Do I have to explain everything I do? Just be grateful I did,” he said with crossed arms. “I could’ve left you to be zombie cuisine, you know.”
Natalie swallowed hard. She did know.
“There could be a number of reasons why I did. Maybe I didn’t want this shit to happen again or maybe I can’t just keep out of trouble,” he said this while pointed at his own fingers. “Or maybe, just maybe, I happen to like you and I know you knew something was going to happen tonight.”
Natalie was stunned. A zombie knew she knew? That was eerie.
She had to know, “How did you know?”
Gerard stepped towards and shoved his hands into his matching band jacket, “Let’s just say, I was brought into my undead state through the mystic world.”
“You were brought in as a zombie?” she asked in amazement.
“Yeah. Surprisingly enough, people can make zombies,” he said. “I died in an car accident a year ago and this crazy religious bastard brought me back as a zombie and shot me a lot of antimonyl potassium tartrate.”
“What’s that?”
“A preservative that prevents the body from decaying.”
“Oh,” So that’s why he still looks good after a year of being dead. “But wait, why did he bring you back to life?”
He tightens his lips, “He wanted to see if it worked. When it did, he was struck with what he told was a, um, ‘religious epiphany’.”
Natalie came closer to him, “What?”
Gerard was silent for a moment and looked away from her face. Then said it, “To take the ingredients and mix it into a liquid baptismal at a social event and make mindless zombies. To bring on the end of this world and began anew and all that psycho shit.”
“Who is it?” she asked with a face contorted with fear.
He turned back to her with a serious look on his face, “Father Roman Danielson.”
She gasped. Father Danielson was the predecessor of the male student body of Belleville High. He’s doing this?!
“Oh my god,” she muttered as she leaned against the grave.
“I don’t think he believes in your god anymore,” said Gerard. Then added, “Or maybe he still does and He’s just as fucked-up as he is.”
“What am I gonna do?” she said.
“What are we going to do?” Gerard restated her comment. “Clearly you need me and I can help you, but you have to do something for me.”
“Sure, anything,” she was now eager to end the upcoming zombie apocalypse before it could even start.
“You need to sneak into the town’s morgue and you need to steal several of the body preservative so I can stay my sexy self. One vial bottle can save me for a week and a half,” he told her.
Now Natalie shuddered, “The morgue?”
“That’s where they keep the stuff. Go after closing. Disguise yourself as a corpse if you have to, but do it tonight while the craziness is going on. Understand?”
Natalie felt very sick. Was she really willing to do this?
Well, actually, she already made up her mind.
“Well,” she said. “It sounds gross, but I’ll do it.”
Gross? It’s the best fucking deal you’re ever gonna get from a zombie,” Gerard said frostily.
Natalie took a deep breath and said to Gerard, “Okay. Take me to the morgue. We need to have you stay pretty.”
Despite what she just said a minute ago, Gerard smirked knowingly at her comment as he grabbed her hand and lead her out of the cemetery.
Sign up to rate and review this story