Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate and Destiny: Why Me

A...Unique Training Session

by Dessmonda 11 reviews

The children have their first training session with Ares and Artemis. They also recive their weapons.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-12 - Updated: 2006-08-12 - 1709 words

1Exciting
Author's Notes: I am so sorry that it took forever to update. First my cousins whom I don't get to see very often came by a week then the computer died cries so we had to get a knew one and I lost this chapter AGAIN! I think it turned out okay...not my best chapter but the story will get better I promise! This chapter was just a building block for the next one. And I would like to thank Crazy_Reviewer for their ideas on the weapons.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately I don't own COTT or Odie...but I do own the 9 OC's. Oh! And Cronus is not trapped in my best friends closet! Grabs Odie and hugs him again

A...Unique Training Session

Athena, after a VERY eventful morning and afternoon stood in the middle of the track beside her stood her mentor Ares. Artemis, who was Andrea's mentor stood a little off to the side. The three of them where waiting for the other eight children.

'Where are they?' Athena questioned herself, she had been dying all day too see Andrea's new hair. 'Hopefully it won't be as drastic as mine...' The girl had to laugh at her own thoughts, quietly to herself of course. She eyed the door expectantly; she knew that they would be wondering where she had been all day. However despite being with her mentor all day, she had no idea what they would be doing.

Ares stood beside a box him and Artemis had prepared earlier that day. It contained a surprise for each and every teen that would be training with them that day. The two gods were getting impatient, though they knew the eight teens had to walk to the school. Sure, James had his learner's permit and Hector could drive but they had no vehicle.

Soon the door opened seven almost out of breath teenagers entered. "Please tell me we don't have to do any running," Ollie stated once he could talk again.

Artemis stepped forward, "Afraid you do," she said taking a good look at them all, "don't worry this should be simple... well actually it depends if you can work together as a team. But none the less it's still pretty straight forward."

Athena let out a shriek when she saw Andrea, "What happened to you hair!"

Andrea giggled, "That was everyone else reaction..."

"Well," Nancy interjected, "I like it, it's way better than before and now you look acceptable."

Andrea and Athena only rolled their eyes as Nancy left and Alana walked over to them. "I love it!" Athena finally told her sister as she admired Andrea's now fiery red that was streaked with blond, so in parts her hair looked strawberry blond.

"Really?" Andrea asked, her voice had a tiny hint of sadness, "I hate it...I can't believe I let her do that." She sighed and looked at the ground, "Oh my God!" She shrieked as her eyes caught a glimpse of gold on Athena's ankle area, "What happened?"

Athena laughed, "Oh that...apparently I have an Achilles heal too. Well two Achilles heals. Hera said that because I have two hero bloodlines it makes me less venerable so she was worried that something like this would happen. The right one" Athena said indicating her right ankle brace that was like Alana's and her dad's, "is 'normal'. But the left one," Athena continued now indicating her left ankle brace which was smaller and only went half way up her shin, "is sensitive to extreme pressure." The redhead shrugged and smiled, "so that's how come I was gone all day. I spent the morning with Hera, as she explained to me about my heals, and Hephaestus who made my braces. The only sad part is like Alana I have to ware them both 24/7."

After Athena was done explaining Alana hugged her while saying, "At least I don't have to go through the torture of wearing my brace at school alone." Andrea soon joined the 'pity hug.'

"This," Athena said as she broke away from the hug, "is my last time wearing shorts, so nobody can see my braces. They're ugly." She walked away and went to stand next to James.

"Do you know what were doing?" James asked once Athena was standing next to him, the girl merely shook her head.

"Nope, sorry I'm just as in the dark as you guys are," she grinned apologetically. James just gave her a weird look, "I know, I know, I was with my mentor all day you think I would have some indication of what's going on. But simply put I don't."

"I would like to start off by saying your performances yesterday were pathetic-"

"Ares!" Artemis cut the god of war off, "They're not their parents nor will they ever be, so stop expecting the same things."

The god of war just glared at her, but deep down he knew she was right. Not that he would ever admit it. Instead he opened the box that was near him. "Okay I'll call you one at a time and you may come claim your weapon." There was an excited cheer that came from the triplets. "James," Ares called ignoring the girls' excitement, he pulled out an odd looking handle. "I know you and your brother have taken martial arts but I think this should be fairly straight forward to learn." He handed it to James who stared at it oddly, like it was going to bite him or something. "It's an xiphos, it was used by the ancient Greeks in battles."

The rest of the weapons got handed out fairly quickly. Taylor got throwing stars (you know the same ones Archie uses), Alana got a whip like her dad, Athena got a spear which she semi knew how to use, Andrea received a laser wrist cross bow which she was testing. Hector got keys to a truck that apparently they could use to get around, Henry didn't receive anything because his strength would be enough. Ollie got a small dagger which he looked at Ares oddly when he received it but didn't say anything. Nancy got a tazer which she informed Ares that she didn't need because she had pepper spray so now she welded two weapons.

After about twenty-five to thirty minutes that were given to allow the teens to practise with their weapons Ares told them all to stop. Of course each of them stopped what they had been doing and looked at Ares, who began to speak once he saw that he had their attention.

"We are now going to begin a tactical exercise of sorts. I am going to need one person to sit out." Ares informed the group before him. After his announcement a chorus of 'I will's' followed. Looking at the group he sighed, "Ollie you can sit out, go wait out in the hall for me." Ollie, looking rather pleased, left to go wait outside.

Once Ollie had gotten outside he saw a man that looked a bit like Nancy. 'I've seen him before...I know where! Yesterday he must be Nancy's father.' Ollie didn't have to wait long before finding out that he was right.

Ares exited the gym, "Ollie, Neil listen up." Both people looked at Ares, "We're doing a tactical exercise of sorts and the two of you will be guarded on opposite ends of the gym. Both of you will be placed in cages, the exercise is pretty straight forward."

"So we don't do anything?" Neil asked in a board voice that had a hint of hope.

Ares nodded his head, "That's right the two of you need to wait to be rescued. Now follow me." The two of them followed behind Ares into the gym, where the god of war placed them in cages. Ollie noticed that all of their parents that were descendants were there.

"Alright because everyone has been informed of what you have to do," Artemis began once everything was ready, "you may begin...NOW!"

There are two teams, one team consisting of Jay, Theresa, Archie, Atlanta, Herry, Neil (who was in a cage) and Odie. The other team was their children with Ollie being in a cage. The object was to guard the person of the opposite team while attempting to rescue your team-mate.

Theresa and Odie guarded Ollie who was trying to give suggestions to his team-mates. Neil was more concerned about his appearance and was talking to his daughter about the importance of a good conditioner. Nancy along with Taylor and Hector were suppose to be guarding Neil but Nancy wasn't that interested in guarding.

Jay, Archie, Atlanta, and Herry were trying to come up with a plan to get Neil back. It was decided that Archie or Herry would open the cage and the others would try and distract the teenagers. There plan worked...sort of. James, Henry and the triplets had decided that Henry would open the cage as they didn't know that Alana's whip could cut through metal. The entire tactical exercise lasted just over half and hour with Herry finally rescuing Neil. Odie was about to give the teens pointers on what they could have done when Hermes entered.

Hermes looked around at all sixteen people and the two gods before him. "Hera wants to see the original seven children in her office now." The original seven people looked confused but followed Hermes out of the gym and down the hall. The seven of them entered Hera's office and the goddess looked worried. "Thank you Hermes, you may leave I would like to inform the children alone." Upon hearing this Hermes promptly left. Hera faced the adult heroes, "I thought it would be faire to warn you...another prophecy has been made."


Author's Notes: Okay just so you know my best friend and I came up with an idea for Ollie's background so it will be explained in a later chapter why he got a dagger. And I know Hera called the adults children but if you remember the gods/goddesses are immortal it does make sense. Also in the next chapter I think the villain will be introduced...along with some really bad foreshadowing.
Sign up to rate and review this story