Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Wish You Were Here

We Were Always Funny In That Car Crash Sort Of Way

by moocow 7 reviews

Things just get a little wierd...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-08-12 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 976 words

2Exciting
Chapter 7- We Were Always Funny In That Car Crash Sort Of Way

I held my breath and closed my eyes as I walked through Pete's hallway and into the living room where he was sitting with this girl named Tessa. When Heather smacked my arm I opened my eyes to see her smiling at me. Ok? She looked almost exactly like me, minus the style and the red streaks in her hair. Ahem? It was /creepy/. Arching my eyebrows I sat down on one couch, bringing my purse in my lap, somewhat hiding behind it.

"You must be Lexi! I've heard a lot about you," Quickly glancing between the hand that had been thrust at my face and Pete's now avoiding stare I hesitated.

"You must be Tessa..." I didn't want to say any more. She smiled and turned to Pete.

"Petey, I'm sorry that I'm kinda running out on you, but...I have to get to work, ok?"

Pete snapped out of his trance and his hand left from supporting his cheek on the armchair and looked up, smiling adoringly before she leaned over and pecked his lips. I literally had to dig my nails into my left wrist to keep myself sitting in my seat. Looking over at Aloe I saw her pretty much doing the same thing, flicking her gaze from Joe, who was sitting across the room and her torn up black flats. This was crazy, we never used to be this quiet and reserved. Ha, it's just what a year does to you.

"Hey, uh...why don't we get some food from a local diner or something? Me and Heather can go pick it up," I looked up to see Patrick shrugging and pushing his glasses up as Heather smiled and nodded at everyone.

Tessa smiled and said something I didn't catch to Pete before walking out the door. Andy sighed.

"I don't like her," he muttered from next to me and Freeda lightly smirked.

I'm pretty sure Pete didn't hear, or that it didn't faze him because he didn't even flinch. Taking a breath I looked up at them and nodded.

"That sounds really good," I paused and made Aloe smile in approval. "I'm starving,"

Freeda giggled and we gathered around to place our orders on the paper. It came to Pete's turn and he shrugged before looking away, placing his chin in his hand.

"I'm not hungry," he muttered and I narrowed my eyes, pursing my lips together, staring at his side profile. Patrick tapped the pen against my hand and I didn't look at him.

"Lexi, what do you want?" I lightly shook my head.

"I'm not hungry either," I saw Pete break away slightly and slightly turn and steal a glance.

"But didn't you say you were starving?" I turned and perked my eyebrows up, tapping my nails against the table before shaking my head.

"I lost my appetite," I smiled and Heather slightly cocked her head to one side before nodding and turning to Patrick.

"Let's go,"

____________________________________________________

That night I decided to stay at Pete's house after learning that Tessa in fact had only spent three nights at his house, and it had not been for three weeks. I tapped my pen to the paper and bit my lip, reading the new lyrics that I was inspired to write. Sighing I glanced up to see Petey giving that glare that all stuffed animals do.

"Petey, I just might eat you, I'm so hungry," I spoke and skewed my mouth to one side as my stomach gurgled.

"Then you should have eaten something,"

Looking up I saw Pete holding a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and from what I saw, it was unopened and he was also holding one spoon. Licking my lips I lightly smiled and sat up from writing and nodded, letting him in. He lightly laughed as he walked over and looked down at the ice cream now sitting next to me on the bed.

"This is all I've been eating for two weeks, just cookie dough ice cream, a pint a day," I shook my head.

"Pete, that's not healthy," Pete shook his head.

"It doesn't matter to me...I don't eat cheerios anymore," He blinked once at me and I had to think back before nodding and blushing.

Cheerios, ah, I remember.

"You still need to not starve yourself then pig out on ice cream," Pete looked away again as I opened it and grabbed a spoon out of his grasp.

"I don't feel like it, this is the only stuff that makes me happy now days," As I took a spoon full I pulled my legs under me so I was sitting Indian style, slightly turned so I saw his profile.

"What about Tessa?" Pete shook his head, pushing his spoon into the ice cream.

"Can we not talk about her for now?" I nodded and he scooted back so he was facing me, Indian style as well.

"Ok..." Pete grabbed my notebook and smiled.

"You wrote something," I nodded and he started to read it out loud.

"sometimes it's as easy as saying "I love you"
sometimes it's as hard as saying "I love you"
sometimes it's just like heaven
sometimes it's just like hell
sometimes you wish you had everything
sometimes you wish you had nothing
just to have something
you can never have"


As he ended his voice got quiet and I think the message hit him. We both had that in common, stubborn adults, the oldest in the group and yet never knowing exactly where we were going.

I'm good to go, but I'm going nowhere fast
It could be worse; I could be taking you there with me
With me...
I'm good to go, but it looks like I'm still on my own...
Sign up to rate and review this story