Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Wedding

The Proposal

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Keisha persuades Pete to marry Rose to make the family more traditional and legitimate.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2015-01-12 - 664 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Proposal:

Keisha’s Request

Pete answered his phone in early October.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Oh, good,” an old lady’s voice replied on the other line. “I’m so glad I caught you.” A puzzled look came onto Pete’s face.

“Uh… who’s this?” he asked.

“It’s me, Keisha,” the old lady answered. It took him about a second to figure out who he was talking to.

“Uh, you’re Rose’s aunt!” he said.

“That’s right,” Keisha said.

“What’s going on?”

“Oh yes, I wanted to talk to you or Rose.”

“Well, Rose is at work right now. I just got home myself.”

“That’s okay, I’ll just talk to you instead.”

Pete didn’t understand where this conversation was heading. “Alright, what you want?”

“When are you and Rose getting married?”

“Excuse me?” He wasn’t exactly sure if he heard that right.

“Marriage,” Keisha repeated. “When are you marrying my niece?”

“I don’t really know. I haven’t thought about that.”

“Well, why not?!”

Pete tried to grasp a vague notion of what she was getting at with this question. “Why exactly are you asking? I don’t mean to come off sounding rude, but yeah…”

He heard a nervous chuckle over the other line. “Keisha?”

“Yes?”

“What happened?”

“Uh…” Keisha chuckled over the phone. “I might have told a little white lie about you two.”

Pete raised an eyebrow at her. “What did you say?” Keisha chuckled with unease before answering.

“You see, my church group was competing for a new leader,” she began. “I really didn’t want to lose. When Gloria, what an awful woman, mention that Rose had a baby out of wedlock, I blurted out that you and Rose were getting married, but you hadn’t set a date yet.”

Pete’s jaw dropped. “You what?!”

“I’m so sorry! I just didn’t want to lose.” She drew in a breath. “Please marry Rose. Do it for me. Please?”

Pete pressed his lips together. “I’ll see what I can do…”

“Thank you!” Keisha said in one breath. Pete hung his head, shaking it.

Pete Proposes

In the evening, Rose returned home.

“I’m back!” she cheered. Pete waited for her in the living room.

“Hey,” he said, waving. She noted the wary look on his face.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” she asked. Pete patted the spot next to him on the couch.

“Come here, we need to talk,” he answered. Rose took slow steps towards him.

“Okay…” she said. “What is this about?”

“Keisha called,” Pete told her.

“Oh no, is everything okay?”

“Yes, yes. It’s just…” He tried to think of the best way to put this. When Pete came up with nothing, he came out with, “She just wants us to get married.”

Rose tilted her head at him. “What?” He broke down and told her the whole story about the phone call he received earlier in the afternoon. Rose tried to piece together everything that he said.

“Okay,” she said at last.

“So, do you want to get married?” Pete asked. Rose shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t see why not,” she answered. He stared at her with wide eyes.

“Seriously?” he asked.

“Yes,” his girlfriend repeated.

“Whoa!” Pete muttered to himself. Suddenly, Nathanial started crying down the hall. Rose pulled herself to her feet.

“I’ll get him this time,” she said. Pete stared at her as she disappeared down the hall. He didn’t expect for that to turn out well. He thought that she would try to turn him down at first, but instead, she agreed rather easily. The bassist didn’t know how to take this just yet.

Breaking the News

The couple spread the good news after dinner. It didn’t take long for the whole circle in Miami and Decadence to hear. Before long, the engagement party got under way. It all unfolded with just one text.
Sign up to rate and review this story