Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > The Last Avatar: Kuzo

The Avatar Shouldn’t Steal!

by NezzSan 0 reviews

(Azula Narrates) Air. Water. Earth. Fire. On the day of Sozin’s Comet, Phoenix King Ozai and Avatar Aang fought in what would be the deciding battle of the Hundred Year War. The victor was Ozai...

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2015-01-18 - 2814 words

0Unrated


The Avatar Shouldn't Steal!



(Few days after the previous chapter)



"Kuzo... Where did you get all this?" (Ty Lee)

Ty Lee and Kuzo had been walking through a large merchant village when she had noticed that her student's pack was much larger than it was when they had first entered the village. A bad premonition had dawned on her and she immediately took the bag off his back, and opened it.

It was filled with various foods and trinkets. Without adoubt, they were snatched from the sale stands that lined the busy streets.

"Well?" (Ty Lee)

"Must I really say? Because of our premature escape from the Capital, we were not able to bring any of our riches with us. I seek to increase our war funds. Additionally, we require transportation by boat for the next leg of our trip, so I am raising currency for the fare as well." (Kuzo)

"So you're stealing..." (Ty Lee)

"That is correct," Kuzo answers without a trace of remorse or hesitation.

Ty Lee brought her hand to her face.

"At least lie about it..." (Ty Lee)

The Avatar is stealing... The Avatar is a robber... I can't believe this...

"You're not allowed to steal, Kuzo. Give back all of that stuff and we'll find some other way to raise money."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo frowned.

"...That does not seem very prudent." (Kuzo)

"Kuzo! No stealing! I can't believe I even have to tell you that!"(Ty Lee)

Everything was stealthily given back to their original owners and the pair made their way to the docks to negotiate transportation costs.

"Ugh... I knew it would be expensive, but to think Lan would be worth five people's fare..." (Ty Lee)

"We could leave her behind."(Kuzo)

"... Do you want to leave her behind?"(Ty Lee)

"... No. I suppose not."(Kuzo)

"The next boat leaves in a week. We should aim for that."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo nods.

"So, any ideas?"(Ty Lee)

"We can take over the boat."(Kuzo)

"We are NOT taking over the boat!"(Ty Lee)

"Build one?"(Kuzo)

"No tools, and definitely not one good enough to support Lan?"(Ty Lee)

"She can swim."(Kuzo)

"She hates swimming."(Ty Lee)

"Gambling?"(Kuzo)

"Illegal."(Ty Lee)

"Stealing seems the most efficient-"(Kuzo)

"The Avatar doesn't steal!!" Ty Lee yells as she begins developing a headache.

"... Performances?"(Kuzo)

"Finally, a viable idea. Problem is, we shouldn't be drawing attention to ourselves in such a flashy way..."(Ty Lee)

"We possess the skills of excellent hunters, but in this economy..."(Kuzo)

They both look at the excessive amount of food stalls.

"Yeah, we won't turn a good enough profit. That, and it'll take too long."(Ty Lee)

"We should observe the village more and note the vocations and specialties. With careful analyzation, a business niche should present itself."(Kuzo)

"Hm. Good idea, Kuzo."(Ty Lee)

"Part of my training included economics."(Kuzo)



________________________



After touring the town for the whole day, Kuzo had finished his assessment.

"There is a gaping need of cheaper medicine and medical treatment."(Kuzo)

"Yes. It seems the nobles in this area are bleeding the town dry little by little. No one can afford treatment, so many doctors have stopped living in the area. Medicinal herbs have been picked bare in the surrounding grounds as well."(Ty Lee)

"With Lan's speed, we can make it to the outskirts wilderness and back with good time. And with the Qi Point methods, we can administer treatment."(Kuzo)

"Looks like we have a plan then," Ty Lee said cheerfully.

The pair quickly made medicine over the next couple of days and went back to the village.

"We'll need covers. Fake names and backstories to give to customers."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo nods in agreement.

"You can be Lee. There's a million Lees."(Ty Lee)

"Ugh."(Kuzo)

"Fine, you can choose mine since I chose yours."(Ty Lee)

"Korra? Asami? Bolin?"(Kuzo)

"Isn't Bolin a guy's name?"(Ty Lee)

"...no."(Kuzo)

"All rejected in any case. I'll take 'Sora'." (Ty Lee)

"...fine."(Kuzo)

"So we're Sora and her...son? Lee."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo looks at her strangely.

"What? We can't pass for anything else."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo eyes her carefully.

"Your appearance suggests otherwise."(Kuzo)

Ty Lee was wearing loosely fitted clothes, colored red with a subtle shade of pink. Her hair was tied in to a refreshing pony tail, and due to some combination of genetics, she possessed an unbelievably youthful face. Over all, she could have passed for early twenties. Perhaps the Qi Methods had something to do with it.

"Mmm... husband and wife won't work. You look older than you are, but the age still doesn't seem to match up."(Ty Lee)

Kuzo blushed lightly at the thought. He had gone through agrowth spurt and had subtle streaks of white hair, but definitely could not pass for twenty.

"Unless we go with the arranged marriage angle, Hahaha!"(Ty Lee)

Kuzo looked away in embarrassment.

Ah. Did I tease him too much?

"So brother and sister it is."(Ty Lee)

As Ty Lee said this, she grabbed Kuzo's hand. He seemed to shy away and look very young in that moment. It truly did look like they were an older sister and younger brother.

"Hmmm... I didn't know you could be embarrassed. Never held hands with a girl before?"(Ty Lee)

"I have not."(Kuzo)

"You went to an Academy for a bit. No girlfriend or school crush?"(Ty Lee)

"No."(Kuzo)

Is it my imagination, or is he blushing more now?

Kuzo stopped avoiding Ty Lee's stare, and locked eyes with her instead.

Uh oh...Well... we have been spending a lot of time together....

"Well, I'm sure you'll find someone someday. Now, let's concentrate on the matter at hand. Time to start selling!"(Ty Lee)

Sign up to rate and review this story