Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Fellowship of the Fox

Chapter 6 - Arrival

by Ryuuohjin 0 reviews

Arrival in the past

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2015-03-01 - Updated: 2015-03-10 - 5406 words

0Unrated
The Fellowship of the Fox
by Ryuuohjin



/////// AN //////////


Disclaimer - I do not on any way own Harry Potter or any of it's world or characters.
They all fully belong to J.K. Rowling and her affiliates.

This first part in bold italics is taken directly from the last chapter of the forth book in the series; Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Update 2015-06-01: Fixed several errors & mistakes I seemed have missed, and changed some minor things.

///////////////////////


Chapter 6 - Arrival

It was with a heavy heart that Harry packed his trunk up in the dormitory on the night before his return to Privet Drive. He was dreading the Leaving Feast, which was usually a cause for celebration, when the winner of the Inter-House Championship would be announced. He had avoided being in the Great Hall when it was full ever since he had left the hospital wing, preferring to eat when it was nearly empty to avoid the stares of his fellow students.

When he, Ron, and Hermione entered the Hall, they saw at once that the usual decorations were missing. The Great Hall was normally decorated with the winning House's colours for the Leaving Feast. Tonight, however, there were black drapes on the wall behind the teachers' table. Harry knew instantly that they were there as a mark of respect to

Cedric.

The real Mad-Eye Moody was at the staff table now, his wooden leg and his magical eye back in place. He was extremely twitchy, jumping every time someone spoke to him. Harry couldn't blame him; Moody’s fear of attack was bound to have been increased by his ten-month imprisonment in his own trunk. Professor Karkaroff s chair was empty. Harry wondered, as he sat down with the other Gryffindors, where Karkaroff was now, and whether Voldemort had caught up with him.

Madame Maxime was still there. She was sitting next to Hagrid. They were talking quietly together. Further along the table, sitting next to Professor McGonagall, was Snape. His eyes lingered on Harry for a moment as Harry looked at him. His expression was difficult to read. He looked as sour and unpleasant as ever. Harry continued to watch him, long after Snape had looked away.

What was it that Snape had done on Dumbledores orders, the night that Voldemort had returned? And why. . . why . . . was Dumbledore so convinced that Snape was truly on their side? He had been their spy, Dumbledore had said so in the Pensieve. Snape had turned spy against Voldemort, "at great personal risk." Was that the job he had taken up again? Had he made contact with the Death Eaters, perhaps? Pretended that he had never really gone over to Dumbledore, that he had been, like Voldemort himself, biding his time?

Harry's musings were ended by Professor Dumbledore, who stood up at the staff table. The Great Hall, which in any case had been less noisy than it usually was at the Leaving Feast, became very quiet.

"The end," said Dumbledore, looking around at them all, "of another year."

He paused, and his eyes fell upon the Hufflepuff table. Theirs had been the most subdued table before he had gotten to his feet, and theirs were still the saddest and palest faces in the Hall.

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight," said Dumbledore, "but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Hufflepuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory."

They did it, all of them; the benches scraped as everyone in the Hall stood, and raised their goblets, and echoed, in one loud, low, rumbling voice, "Cedric Diggory."

Harry caught a glimpse of Cho through the crowd. There were tears pouring silently down her face. He looked down at the table as they all sat down again.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house," Dumbledore continued. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about."

Harry raised his head and stared at Dumbledore.

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort."

A panicked whisper swept the Great Hall. People were staring at Dumbledore in disbelief, in horror. He looked perfectly calm as he watched them mutter themselves into silence.

"The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so - either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

Stunned and frightened, every face in the Hall was turned toward Dumbledore now... or almost every face. Over at the Slytherin table. Harry saw Draco Malfoy muttering something to Crabbe and Goyle. Harry felt a hot, sick swoop of anger in his stomach. He forced himself to look back at Dumbledore.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with Cedric’s death,"

Dumbledore went on. "I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter."

A kind of ripple crossed the Great Hall as a few heads turned in Harry's direction before flicking back to face Dumbledore.

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honour him."

Dumbledore turned gravely to Harry and raised his goblet once more. Nearly everyone in the Great Hall followed suit. They murmured his name, as they had murmured Cedric's, and drank to him. But through a gap in the standing figures. Harry saw that Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and many of the other Slytherins had remained defiantly in their seats, their goblets untouched. Dumbledore, who after all possessed no magical eye, did not see them.

When everyone had once again resumed their seats, Dumbledore continued, "The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened - of Lord Voldemorts return - such ties are more important than ever before."

Dumbledore looked from Madame Maxime and Hagrid, to Fleur Delacour and her fellow Beauxbatons students, to Viktor Krum and the Durmstrangs at the Slytherin table. Krum, Harry saw, looked wary, almost frightened, as though he expected Dumbledore to say something harsh.

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again - in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemorts gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

"It is my belief- and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken - that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."

Harry's trunk was packed; Hedwig was back in her cage on top of it. He, Ron, and Hermione were waiting in the crowded entrance hall with the rest of the fourth years for the carriages that would take them back to Hogsmeade station. It was another beautiful summer's day. He supposed that Privet Drive would be hot and leafy, its flower beds a riot of colour, when he arrived there that evening. The thought gave him no pleasure at all.

"'Arry!"

He looked around. Fleur Delacour was hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. Beyond her, far across the grounds. Harry could see Hagrid helping Madame Maxime to back two of the giant horses into their harness. The Beauxbatons carriage was about to take off.

"We will see each uzzer again, I 'ope," said Fleur as she reached him, holding out her hand. "I am 'oping to get a job 'ere, to improve my Eenglish."

"It's very good already," said Ron in a strangled sort of voice. Fleur smiled at him; Hermione scowled.

"Good-bye, 'Arry," said Fleur, turning to go. "It 'az been a pleasure meeting you!"

Harry’s spirits couldn't help but lift slightly as he watched Fleur hurry back across the lawns to Madame Maxime, her silvery hair rippling in the sunlight.

Wonder how the Durmstrang students are getting back," said Ron. "D' you reckon they can steer that ship without Karkaroff?"

"Karkaroff did not steer," said a gruff voice. "He stayed in his cabin and let us do the vork."

Krum had come to say good-bye to Hermione. "Could I have a vord?" he asked her.

"Oh . . . yes ... all right," said Hermione, looking slightly flustered, and following Krum through the crowd and out of sight.

"You'd better hurry up!" Ron called loudly after her. "The carriages will be here in a minute!"

He let Harry keep a watch for the carriages, however, and spent the next few minutes craning his neck over the crowd to try and see what Krum and Hermione might be up to.

They returned quite soon. Ron stared at Hermione, but her face was quite impassive.

"I liked Diggory," said Krum abruptly to Harry. "He vos alvays polite to me. Alvays.
Even though I vos from Durmstrang - with Karkaroff," he added, scowling.

"Have you got a new headmaster yet?" said Harry Krum shrugged. He held out his hand as Fleur had done, shook Harry's hand, and then Ron's. Ron looked as though he was suffering some sort of painful internal struggle.

Krum had already started walking away when Ron burst out, "Can I have your autograph?"

Hermione turned away, smiling at the horseless carriages that were now trundling toward them up the drive, as Krum, looking surprised but gratified, signed a fragment of parchment for Ron.

The weather could not have been more different on the journey back to King's Cross than it had been on their way to Hogwarts the previous September. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had managed to get a compartment to themselves.

Pigwidgeon was once again hidden under Ron’s dress robes to stop him from hooting continually; Hedwig was dozing, her head under her wing, and Crookshanks was curled up in a spare seat like a large, furry ginger cushion. Harry, Ron, and Hermione talked more fully and freely than they had all week as the train sped them southward. Harry felt as though Dumbledore's speech at the Leaving Feast had unblocked him, somehow. It was less painful to discuss what had happened now. They broke off their conversation about what action Dumbledore might be taking, even now, to stop Voldemort only when the lunch trolley arrived.

When Hermione returned from the trolley and put her money back into her school bag, she dislodged a copy of the Daily Prophet that she had been carrying in there. Harry looked at it, unsure whether he really wanted to know what it might say, but Hermione, seeing him looking at it.


/////////////////////////


Just as Hermione was say something to Harry about it, the compartment door opened. And Neville Longbottom, Ron's little sister Ginny, along with Ginny's friend Luna Lovegood stepped through. When Hermione saw Harry eyeing the Prophet a second time, she knew what Harry was worrying about, when she was about talk to him again about it.

A light suddenly appeared in middle of the compartment, along with raised voices that seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at once. Everyone in compartment were now starting at the light as grew stronger, along what sounded like dozen of voices slowly came even more into focus. They were chanting, yet they remained merely echoes for some time until actual words were heard here and there. But none were from any language they any recognized.

Then suddenly there was a shift in the air and the had now stop growing. Instead the light streaked out, as if it was searching for something. When it encountered Harry, it engulfed him, before vaporizing the body, never to be seen again. A despair wail and black mist could be seen just seconds before body disappeared, but that to shortly disappeared. A second later a small girl with appeared exactly where Harry once had sat.

The light also engulfed Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna. But unlike with Harry, who's body had disintegrated, for short moment it looked like they were overlapped by images of what looked like their grown-up selfs. This lasted only for a few seconds, after it looked like the grown-up images was drawn into them as proceeded to faint on the spot.


/////////////////////////


George Weasley had, who had been walking towards the trios compartment with his twin brother Fred, had become worried when he saw a strange light, along hearing with lots of people chanting in there. After a quick at his brother, they both decided to check it out. It just happened to be so, as just as George stuck in his head to check if everything was alright, a big black trunk materialized just above his head, knocking him to the floor as it hit.

Fred was nonplussed as he saw his brother getting knocked down by a trunk from nowhere. This made him hesitated for a second, and that was all that saved him, as two unconscious girls appeared out of nowhere, just shortly after the trunks arrival. Making George groaned loudly in pain as the girls landed hard upon him.

After waiting a minute to make sure it was all safe, and nothing else would suddenly appear. Fred then cautiously step into the compartment. When it seemed like everything was safe he went to help his brothers. The first thing he noticed as he scanned the compartment was that, it had sounded like there had much more people inside, then it actually seemed to be.


//////////////////////


Ron grumbled as he was woken up, he had a splitting headache and quite disoriented. So as soon he laid his eyes on George, he said first to appear in his groggy mind.

"You know you look like a brother I used to have. They were a pair of twins actually, it's so sad what happened to them really."

As George saw Ron's unfocused glaze, and how his youngest brother seemed to be slightly confused. He thought Ron must still be dreaming, and quickly drew his wand, to give him a long cold shower, and he didn't stop until he was he sure Ron had woken up properly.

While George were giving his little brother a shower, Fred had proceeded to wake Neville up. He, like Ron, seemed suffer from a headache, disorientation and mild confusion.

As they was regaining their bearing the twins proceeded to wake the of the girls up.


///////////////////////


Rhy woke with a groan, with her surroundings unrecognisable at first. But as she became more aware of them, she recognized the familiar scent and feel of the Hogwarts Express. She looked around through her blurred vision, and began deciphering what had woken her.

"W-where are we? What what happened?" she asked dazed.

Her eyes finally focusing on the discarded newspaper beside Hermione. Hermione seeing her gaze handed it to her without question. Rhy's expression darkened as she read it.

It was the 11 July edition of the Daily Prophet in 1995.

"Too late... Two year too late... Arrggghhh!! How could this have happened?!" Rhy exploded. She followed this up with a list of expletives that the twins found most impressive, especially since they thought she was a six year old.

As she ranted, the others then decided to polite shove Fred and George out the compartment, while telling them that they would them later and that they would explain things then. As the door was closed and sealed, they raised some simple wards to prevent eavesdropping. Luna was then recruited to the task to calm the irritate little girl down.

Luna achieved this by flinging her arms around her, and holding on tight. Rhy was quite startled by this, before hugging back enjoying her warmth as she buried her face into Luna's chest.

"It'll be okay, Rhy," whispered Luna in a soothing voice, as she pulled the small girl into her lap.

"Calmed down now?" Luna asked lightly, stroking Rhy's hair in comforting strokes

"Much better thank you." Rhy replied. "First, whatever plans we came up with for this summer, are kind of obsolete now."

"Not completely. Sure we have alter a lot, but the main points should still manageable," Ginny commented.

"Ginny's right. What has happened has happened, it's no use crying over split milk. All we have to do now is adapt," Ron chimed.

"The major points is all that matters at that moment anyway, such as Voldemort and Death Eater, and the Ministry and its idiocy," Hermione then continued.

Rhy blinked in confusion for a few seconds, as she looked around and finally realised what was odd about the scene. Then her eyes widened in realization.

"You.. How... Why... Aghh... I'm confused... And my head hurts... " Rhy whined, and cuddled closer to Luna.

Further conversation was interrupted by a screech, as Hedwig appeared in front of Rhy.

"Hello Hedwig. How are you?"

The white owl hooted back happily and looked Rhy over before hooting a question.

"How do you always know, Hedwig?" she asked softly. "You're such a beautiful owl, aren't you?" Hedwig preened for a moment, looking at Rhy with her big, amber eyes. "And you're so clever. And yes, I'm a girl now. We'll be moving soon, so can you stay at Hermione's place for the time being, I'll come and get you when our new house is ready."

Hedwig hooted again.

"Yes, it's going to be much better than at the Dursley's. These are Kerry and Ena Rasp. They are our new family."

The two girls suddenly found themselves under the owl's piercing gaze briefly before she hooted at them.

"Yes they are nice aren't they? You will see a lot of them in the future."

Rhy stroked owl for a bit then moved her over to the window.

"Before you leave I need to take letter to Gringotts from me. Just wait a minute."

She then scribbled a quick note to Gringotts, warning them about their arrival on some parchment, and tied it to Hedwig's leg.

"See you at Hermione's. I'll be going there either tomorrow or the day after, since we need to ward Hermione's home after all."

With a final hoot Hedwig flitted out the window, pointed herself south and began her journey.


/////////////////////


After Hedwig's departure, Hermione stirred conversation to finding out about how and why they were here.


"What's the last thing any of you remember before waking up?" she asked in a desperate rush. She had wanted to ask this for good while now before, but kept getting distracted.

It seems like, after the ritual had quite literately blown up in their faces. They had all been thrown back, but unlike Rhy who had just replaced her younger self, the others seemed to have merged with theirs. Expect for Ena and Kerry, of course, since they didn't have past self to merge with.

Form what they could conclude, the oblivious and most logic reason seemed to that someone must have messed up. Their first priority for Rasps would be meeting the goblins and see what could be done there. The rest concentrate to familiarize themselves with their old surroundings.

They would then gather at Hermione's house in two days, there they to go through what changes had to be made, and how they should proceed from there. They were all in agreement of keep any knowledge of the future, or that they were from the future a secret for now.

As they that part of the conversation was concluded. Rhy decided to test a theory she had for awhile now, but not been able to test yet.

"Kreacher," she called out.

With a pop a old and quite confused house elf appeared.

Rhy blinked in surprise she hadn't expect it to work, Kreacher stood there blinking back at him, he saw then the elf look around confused only turn towards Rhy again.

"Strange witch, mistress's magic feels familiar but also not. Mistress is not from here, and strange Mistress is a Mistress, but yet not a Mistress. Very strange." Kreacher muttered as he gave Rhy a steely look.

"Kreacher, I know of your Master Regulus last order, and know you don't the means to complete them. I can help you there, but exchange I want you to become my house instead of serving the Head of House Black. If helps my grandmother was a Black, Dorea Black, if remember correctly."

Kreacher eyed the small witch suspiciously, trying to determine if she was lying or not.

While was it true that only freed could be bound to a new master. Her theory was that a strong bond between a master and an elf could even breach time, if all parties wanted it to. She knew Kreacher didn't like Sirius and hated serving under him, and that Sirius shared the same views about Kreacher. Therefore she should be able overwrite their bond, with that of her own. That Kreacher recognized her as his Mistress seemed promising, now all that was left was to make Krecher want switch his master.

"You do know that the current Head of House Black is Sirius Orion Black, don't you?"

"You get to chose, serve Sirius or serve me."

After some more ruminating Kreacher finally made a decision, he would rather serve the strange young witch in front of him, then serve the ungrateful blood traitor that tore his old mistress heart out.

Rhy chose an old and now almost discarded ritual of blood bonding. It had been discarded, because the the Ministry of Magic, classed ritual magic of any kind as dark, and any magic involving blood as evil. After they had bounded she gave him five orders.

Her first orders to Kreacher were her secrets were her secrets alone, not anyone else. She then him to not to divulge any secrets of anyone in this compartment to anyone, outside those currently present, in any way, shape, or form, regardless of method. The third order were that he would bring the locket here so they could destroy it. He would do his best to clean Grimuald Place, until she arrived there, was his forth order. And last order was that he would pretend to be bound to Sirius, and work as spy for her, until she said otherwise or he was compromised.

He then disappeared pop, only return seconds later with a heavy golden locket.

"The venom in this fang will destroy the locket. You just have to stab it. But only the locket. If you that and everything you smoothly. If you want you can keep locket afterwards, as a reminder of Regulus." Rhy said as she handed Kreacher a basilisk fang, which she had dug from the black trunk that had come with them.

Kreacher stood over the locket brandishing the fang and with a quick stab buried it firmly deep within the center of the locket.

There was no reaction at first but after a second a sickly oily black vapour, surged forth from the locket accompanied by a reedy wail of frustration, fear and hatred, and a dark energy seemed to fill the compartment. The mist dissipated and the compartment was left in silence.

"Master Regulus it has been done," Kreacher sighed in relief and handed fang back to Rhy. "Is there anything else Kreacher can help with?"

Rhy looked at the elf in surprise. "No insults?"

"No Mistress. Mistress helped Kreacher fulfil Master Regulus last request. Thank you Master. Mistress is now Kreacher's Mistress. " Kreacher bowed. ""Is there anything else?"

"Don't tell anyone what happened here today. The less who know the better."

"Kreacher shall obey. Kreacher shall keep Mistress's secrets. Is there anything else?"

"None at moment Kreacher. You return do other duties, I call when I need you," Rhy relied after a moment of thought.

"Kreacher will. Kreacher will get to work now."

The elf vanished, with the now broken locket dangling around his neck, showing more energy than ever.

"Dobby," Rhy then called out, since she of getting all house elf done with as soon as possible, so she called to the next elf on her mental list.

With a quiet pop the excitable house elf arrived.

"The great Harry Potter has need of Dobby? What can Dobby do to help the great Harry Potter?" The eccentric house elf gushed.

Dobby then looked around confused, with his large eyes finally zeroing in on Rhy.

"Harry Potter Sir?" he asked perplexed with confusion clearly written over his face.

"Yes Dobby it's me, and yes due to certain circumstances I'm a little girl now. And I was wondering if you like being my elf."

Dobby's eyes widened hugely and his jaw dropped but no noise came.

"Dobby? Are you okay?"

"Harry Potter wants Dobby to be his house-elf? Dobby is speechless." Dobby managed.

"How much do you want? Two galleons a week and weekends off?"

"The Great Harry Potter Sir is too kind to Dobby," the elf almost cried. "No. Dobby does not want money from Harry Potter. Dobby wants to be Harry Potter's true house-elf and keep all his secrets."

"Are you sure Dobby? You don't have to," Rhy tried to persuade Dobby otherwise.

"No. Dobby wants to be Harry Potter's house-elf." Dobby was surprisingly firm.

"If that is what you truly want then that is allowed. Are you sure?"

"Yes. Dobby is sure. But Dobby would like to keep his clothes." He finished tentatively.

"Of course. And I can still pay you so you can get more when you want."

"Harry Potter is the greatest wizard ever." Dobby wrapped his arms around her waist, nearly knocking her down.

After they bonded and Rhy had introduced Ena and Kerry as her older sisters, she then to put down three ground rules.

Rule number One; She would go by her chosen name Rhy Majorette Rasp. No one knew was Harry Potter, expect for those in currently in the compartment, and it would stay that way until she said otherwise.

Rule number Two; He would never and she meant NEVER try to hurt himself. He would NEVER punish himself for anything. If he made a mistake he fix it. If he can't fix it then he may need to tell her about it. If thought he needed to be punished he go to her and explain why, then she would decided if he needed to punished or not. He would not let anyone else punish him or order him to punish himself either.

Rule number Three; Her secrets stayed permanently as her secrets until she personally said so otherwise.

She the ordered him to make so the Ministry couldn't detect magic around any of her friends places.

Just Dobby was about to leave Hermione stopped him, asking him if he could bring Winky here. And tell her there a family that wanted to bond with her, as long she no problem being bonded to muggleborn.

Rhy then called for the Potter elves, and went through similar processes with as she did with Dobby and Kreacher. They were then ordered to harvest the basilisk under Hogwarts, and we're given three different trunks, that been stored shrunken in the black one that came with them. One would be for the meat, the other two for the rest.


////////////////////////


As Rhy dealing with the Potter elves Dobby had returned with a clearly miserably drunk Winky. Hermione told her if managed to stay sober for a week, starting tomorrow she bond with her. Just hearing this, that someone was still willing to bond with even as a disgraced elf, seemed to sober her up a lot. She thanked Hermione for this chance then she disappeared with the help of Dobby, since was still to drunk to travel that way.

Rhy stretched and gave away cute yawn as all house elf business was finished for now. It was then Luna who stated, that they should with Rita Skeeter now while they had her captured. Since it would save them the trouble later, especially with press and media.

Rhy yawned and stretched again, it was decided that that could wait. As Rhy clearly need to rest, it was one of the things she couldn't do anything about. Since her body was still that of young child, it needed more sleep, even if it could annoying sometimes. After letting out a final cute sleepy yawn as she snuggled closer to Luna and fell asleep. As Rhy slept, Fred and George were invited back.

They were then introduced to the Rasps. They were told that they were distant relatives to everyone in compartment, expect for Hermione, through the Blacks. Ena and Kerry twins and both were home-schooled, and Rhy were their little sister, and the current Head of their house. When they asked how that was possible and how they ended up at Hogwarts Express.

They explained that Rhy was head of their because, she was only child of previous head. Since the Rasp's was matriarchal family and Ena and Kerry were only Rhy's half-sisters, they were not eligible for the position. As for how they ended up at Express, it was a secret. As the twins saw that further questions would be useless, the conversation then turned to more mundane and trivial matters.


//////////////////


At the same time that Rhy and company arrived in the Hogwarts Express, in an ancient castle, not far from there, know as Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. A staff were currently underfoot, dealing with the term had passed, and preparing for the next one to come. When suddenly the Divinations Professor Sibyl Trelawney went rigid in her chair; her eyes rolled back and started to glow. Then she spoke in a deep harsh voice, quite unlike her own:

"The time neigh, the stage has been set and the cast assembled.
The die has been cast, and the Flight of Death has returned.
As the Serpent Lord hides and plots, while summoning his minions.
The die has been cast, and The Chosen One has freed been and escaped from his prison
As a fox, born from a stag and a flower, has returned from what will never be.
Chaos and mayhem will follow in their tracks, as they change what once was.
The die has been cast, and a storm is building, black and terrible.
Death will stalk the land, and bumblebee has called for its allies to prepare for its onslaught.
The time neigh, the stage has been set and the cast assembled."

As she finished her head fell forward onto her chest, and made a grunting sort of noise. The rest of the staff just sat shocked, staring at her.

Then, quite suddenly, Professor Trelawney's head snapped up again.

"I'm so sorry," she said dreamily, "the heat of the day, you know… I seemed to have drifted off for a moment there…"

She then noticed everyone staring at her.

"Is there anything wrong?"


/////////////////////

TBC

///////////////////
Sign up to rate and review this story