Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

professor Abraham

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 1013 words - Complete

0Unrated
I was woken by Claire at 6:00 sharp. I changed quickly and rushed to Dad's study. Claire said he wanted to see me. I knocked on the door and waited.

" Come in " Dad called, I opened the door, Dad had been talking to an middle aged man.

" You wanted to see me Dad? " I said

" Yes, this is Professor Abraham. " Dad introduced me to the man. " Due to the queen's request to see the factory records I will be busy and so will Claire. Professor Abraham is going to be your tutor "

" Ok" I nodded, I wondered what kind of man my tutor was...

" It is a pleasure to meet you, Adalia " Professor Abraham smiled " I hope we can get along "

" Me too " I agreed.

" Now, I have a few rules, lessons start at 8:30 and finish at 4:00. There will be 4 lessons a day with a break in between them. The breaks are 15 minutes, the lunch break is 25 minutes. " Professor Abraham told me

" Ok, when do we start? " I asked

" Tomorrow, you need to get what you need first. " Dad smiled, he gave me a pouch of gold coins and a list." I thought you would prefer to choose what kind of equipment you want. "

" Thank you Dad. " I smiled and left the room. Claire gave me a shoulder bag, where I put the gold pouch and the list. I let Oliver train Sky a little seeing how they were getting along, so I rode Midnight to Bowerstone Market. The streets were busy, I looked at the list it was simpler than I expected.

- New clothes

- Quill and ink

- Paper

I could get the stuff easily. First I got the Quills and ink. I found a lovely pure white quill and a gold dyed quill. I brought both with a book of paper. I spent a while in the clothes shop, I was looking through the dresses when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Andrew.

" A bit early for shopping, don't you think? " He smiled

" I know, Dad got me a tutor. I start tomorrow, so I have come to get my things... Do you think this is suitable for doing lessons? " I picked out a plain red dress, it would cover up most of my skin, apart from my neck and head.

" Yes. That colour will suit you too. " Andrew nodded, I paid for the dress and I put it in my saddle bag.

" Thank you Andrew, I must head back. I need to show Dad what I got and give him the change. " I smiled

" No problem, I hope to see you soon. " Andrew went off into the crowd. I mounted Midnight and made my way back to Lake view Manor. I returned just in time for lunch. I told Dad what I had brought, he was pleased with my decisions. After dinner, Dad had to get back to work, Crevan and Phoenix were training outside. I began to head to my room, but I was stopped by Professor Abraham.

" There you are, did you get your equipment? " he asked

" Yes, where will... " I began

" Follow me" He showed me to the library. I noticed that Dad's desk had been changed.

"I don't und... " I looked at him

" Your father gave me permission to change his desk so this can be your class room. " Abraham explained

" Oh, great" I smiled " What will I be learning?"

"History, Astrology, languages and writing combined with reading " Abraham told me.

" Languages? " I asked

" French, your father insisted that I should teach you how to speak it. " He smiled " I must say I am looking forward to see how much you improve with my teachings "

" I'm looking forward to learning " I replied

" Well, go and have fun. After Tomorrow you will be very busy " Abraham told me, I went off to my room, I lay the dress over the bottom of my bed ready for tomorrow, before going out to train with my siblings.

At dinner time, Dad told Crevan and Phoenix that between 8:30 and 4:00 the library was out of order, because I was going to be taught by Professor Abraham.

" Wow, getting the best education there Hawk " Phoenix grinned.

" That means I can try and kick your Ass at shooting " Crevan looked at Phoenix, she just grinned at his challenge. I knew that Nether of them would win.

" How long will I have too study for? " I asked Dad.

" Until you're 18, is that ok? " Dad said

" Sure, it will give me a chance to learn what I should know, Thank you for getting me a Proper professor Dad" I smiled

" It is quite alright, my dear. " Dad said" just promise to work hard, ok? "

" I promise" I nodded, I finished off my meal and headed up to my room. I sat at my desk for a little while, I began to draw. I tried to draw Dad's Dragonstomper 48. Once I had completed it, I found a pin and pined it to the wall. I had to admit, I needed to work on my drawing. I went to the window and looked out, Sunset was outside sitting on the gate. I leaned on the windowsill, the wind blew my hair back. The sun was setting, giving the sky a orange hue. I took a deep breath, I wasn't going to see Andrew for a every long while. I smiled slightly though, next time he would see me, I will be smarter than now. I got changed into a nightgown and got into bed. Someone knocked on the door, Dad entered.

" Have a good night, Adalia. " Dad smiled

" Good night Dad " I whispered as I closed my eyes and Dad closed the door.

I woke up at 8:00, the next morning, giving me 30 minutes to get changed and have breakfast. I didn't see Phoenix, Crevan or Dad on the way to the library. I entered the library, Professor Abraham smiled as I sat down.

" Are you ready, Adalia? " He asked

" Yes, lets get started. " I smiled, Professor Abraham nodded and my first lesson got underway.
Sign up to rate and review this story