Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

the untame heart and young hero

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 1047 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Adalia, that is why I want to marry you" Andrew laughed "Your sense of adventure is so amazing. I love you for it, always."

"You do...? " I said

" Yes, truthfully, I would hate to have a submitive wife " Andrew smiled " You have a wild heart, it reminds me of a untamed mare in the wild. The wolves are jealous of your untame nature, no one can break you "

" You really think so? " I blushed

" Yes, so, Adalia will you be my untame nature princess? " Andrew asked, I opened the box. Andrew took the ring out.

" I guess, it wouldn't hurt... " I smiled at him " Yes... " Andrew slipped the ring onto my finger and kissed me.

" Your father will hate this! " the queen laughed

" Why? " I looked at her

" He hates Reaver, he won't be pleased that I am marrying his daughter " Andrew explained" But if he hurts you, I will have him done for treason "

" I will make sure he won't come near Millfield. " The Queen smiled

" You should head home, my dear. As I have said, the road is dangerous at night. " Andrew gave me a last kiss. I mounted Midnight again. I watched as the carriage left my sight before heading home.

I gave Midnight's reins to the stable hand, and went inside. Dad, Phoenix and Crevan were waiting there for me.

" So? " Crevan asked

" So what? " I looked at them

" Ahhh! " Phoenix squealed and grabbed my hand and looked at the ring." You said yes! "

" I thought you didn't want to be a submitive wife? " Dad grinned

" Andrew said he didn't want a submitive wife, and that my 'untame heart', as he calls it, is what attracted him to me in the first place " I explained

" So, future princess! " Crevan grinned" Good going sis"

" Yeah, Good for you Cuz" Brandon smiled

"It has been an exciting day for all of us, we should get some rest for tomorrow " Dad said, we all agreed and we went up to our rooms. Sunset sat on the windowsill, I changed and got into bed. I smiled, I had found someone who liked the idea of a none-submitive wife, I fell asleep with the idea of a wedding...

I woke early the next morning, before anyone else. I changed into a pair of adventure trousers and a plain white top. I put Avo and my Dragonstomper 48 in my holsters. Tieing my hair into a ponytail, I made my way to the dinning hall. I ate alone, I told Claire to tell my dad that I have gone to see Andrew. I decided to ride Sky today and we set off the Hollow.

" Andrew? " I called dismounting Sky, Sunset landed on the saddle, it was unusually quiet." Andrew? " I opened up the entrance, I had to push a load of Heather to get inside. I froze at the sight before me... A group of Bandit were in the middle of eating. They all looked at me, I turned to run, but they caught me before I could reach the entrance.

" Look at what we got her'" One said.

"Let me go! " I yelled, I heard the sound of a horse running. Sky had got away. I knew he would bring help.

" A beauty, a pearl" Their leader took my chin in his grip and pulled my face up to look at him.

"I believe that the correct term, or a more suitable term, is a rose amongst thorns. " I said

" Ohh, a clever little girl too" he grinned, I smelt booze on his breath. I wrinkled my nose, it was vile.

I found myself tied up in the hideout, I glared at anyone who came near me. Only the leader wasn't intimidated by my glare, and at one point sat next to me to try flirting. I tried not to laugh at his failing attempts.

I couldn't tell how much time had passed, but I heard hooves on the ground, the bandits were too busy drinking to hear it. I laughed at their reaction when Andrew, Reaver and the Queen came in. The Queen and Reaver began fighting, while Andrew untied my arms.

"I am glad to see you ok, I went to your dad's and was worried when Sky returned without you " Andrew hugged me.

" We should catch up later. We need to get rid of these guys" I drew my two guns

"Ok" Andrew nodded, I shot at the bandits, working together we were able to get rid of them very quickly." Adalia, look out! " I turned to see the leader leering down at me, before I could do anything, he was knocked away by a fire ball. I looked at the way the fire came and was surprised to see Andrew with his hand outstretched.

" You're a hero " I smiled, Andrew grinned.

" You're not the only one who worked hard the last 3 years" Andrew grinned , I chuckled.

Soon, the bandits were gone and Andrew embraced me.

" I guess bandits found this place during the last 3 years. " Andrew said, he looked relived, I knew that he relived that he got here before they hurt me.

" I am fine, trust me. Thanks for coming to my aid" I smiled

" Anything for a damsel in distress " Andrew chuckled

" Come on you two. " Dad laughed

" If you want a romantic break, you can have the castle gardens to yourselves"

"But Father, if he sees Adalia, he will go mad. You saw him yesterday. He completely lost it! " Andrew said

" Leave your father to me " The Queen told him

" Fine, Adalia if my father annoys us you have my permission to shoot him " Andrew looked at me seriously, I just nodded.

" I am sure he'll know not to touch my daughter, she'll be the least of his worries " Dad assured us. We laughed, Dad had riden Midnight here. He mounted her and told me that he would see me at dinner. The Queen went back in a carriage, while Andrew and I rode Sky. I hugged Andrew as he led Sky on. I watched as the scenery changed as we passed into Bowerstone Market. I saw many people watching me, I guessed everyone knew about me and Andrew, I didn't care. I was sure that they would trust me in time.
Sign up to rate and review this story