Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

father in law and the wedding dress

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 818 words - Complete

0Unrated
We had reached the castle safety. Andrew and I went to the castle gardens, there were no nobles there today, which was a bonus. I hated it as they watched 'lesser' people like hawks. Andrew and I sat by the pond, I was leaning against him while his arm was wrapped around my waist. He told me about his hero training, I listened intensely to his every word.

"I am glad you agree to be my bride, Adalia. " he smiled nuzzling my neck." My father would have chosen my bride if you disagreed, yet, he hates my choice. "

" Because of my father? " I looked up into his eyes. They reminded me of a forest when the sun shines through the leaves making it a bright green. I wasn't at all surprised when Andrew nodded.

" there was an incident that involved my father being kidnapped on Reaver's orders " Andrew explained" he has hated Reaver and anyone who is connected to Reaver in anyway "

" I think most people don't trust me yet because I am his daughter, but I know that in time they will " I looked back at the pond. "Yes, anyway, would you like a drink? I am a terrible host not to have asked earlier." Andrew hugged me.

"I would love one, my dear host " I grinned as he helped me to my feet, we went to the kitchen. The Maids made me a lovely cup of tea. They seem cheerful and happy about Andrew's engagement to me. I fell into deep conversion with the one of the msids, while Andrew spoke quietly with the head cook.

" What in avo's name is 'she' doing here? " we all turned to see King Elliot standing in the doorway looking furious.

" 'She' is my fiancee, Adalia has every right to be here! " Andrew growled protectively, Elliot glared at me.

" She is the daughter of a monster! " Elliot said

" So says someone who hates me because of my father! " I butted in, Elliot looked at me as if I was a bit of dust that had been forgotten.

" I will not hesitate to kill you here and now. " Elliot warned

" Wouldn't that be treason? After all, I am marrying your son." I grinned, he was speechless, he just glared at me again before leaving us in peace.

"You're brave to stand up to the king! " The head cook looked at me in surprise

" That's why I wanted to marry her..." Andrew looked at me dreamily. I blushed, but smiled all the same.

"Well, I know that I will enjoy working for you in the near future. Have you considered a wedding date? " the cook asked

" I don't know, a few weeks... Next month maybe... " Andrew said" What do you think? "

" Next month sounds fine, a few weeks sounds too rushed" I told him

"Good point... Next month it is, we have a lot to plan " Andrew hugged me

" I should head home, Father is expecting me in time for tea" I kissed his cheek, he bid me fair well as I made my way home.

I met Brandon on the way back, he gladly decided to walk me back.

"So, what adventures have you had? " I asked him.

" Well, I joined the light and I have been fighting the shadows ever since. " Brandon told me. I stopped to look at him

" you work for the light? " I repeated

" yeah, what's wrong with that? " Brandon asked

" Nothing, as long as you promise not to hurt my father. He may be a shadow, but he is the only parent that cares about me " I continued walking

" I knew that you would say that " Brandon chucked" I never planed to attack Reaver in the first place. "

" That's good news " I smiled

" Anyway, tell me about the slavery ship! " Brandon laughed. I told him what had happened on the ship, he laughed.

" What's so funny? " I asked

" You were never one to make things easy " he smirked, I rolled my eyes. Brandon headed home once we had reached Lake view manor gates. As soon as I got inside, I headed straight to my room. I collapsed on to my bed, with a sigh.

" Adalia? " Dad came into my room.

" Yes? " I looked up at him

" Are you ok? " he sounded really concerned

" I am fine, but we have decided a wedding day " I sat up

" When will it be? " Dad sat next to me.

" Next month " I replied" I don't even know what dress to wear"

" Don't worry about it, my dear. " Dad smiled reassuringly. " I am sure that Queen Vanessa will help you find a dress "

" Yeah, Thanks dad. " Will you walk me down the aisle?" I asked

"I would love too. And most frankly, I would have been upset if you asked someone else " Dad smiled

" Thanks Dad! " I smiled and hugged him. He chucked, but hugged me back. I loved my family.
Sign up to rate and review this story