Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

The wedding

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 1220 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stood in front of a full length mirror. My hair had been put into a bun, my wrung my hands nervously. I wore a lovely long white dress with a flower neckline. I took a deep breath, I muttered my vows under my breath. I agreed to write my own vows, Andrew was to write his own vows too. I went over to a red soft chair, I sat down, being careful not to mess up the dress.

" Adalia? " I heard someone call

" Yes? " I stood up again, as Queen Vanessa and my father came in.

" You look beautiful " Vanessa smiled

" I am sad to give you away " Dad admitted

" I will always be your little girl, no matter what happens " I hugged him.

" Well, I must admit that Elliot may try and ruin today. He hates the idea of our family joining Reaver's " Vanessa warned us

" leave it to me " Dad tapped his dragonstomper 48 lightly. I laughed, while Vanessa rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile.

" I don't want anyone to be murdered today. " Vanessa said" It is a special day after all. "

" Fine" Dad agreed. I smiled weakly.

" Anyway, let's get you down to the throne room " Vanessa smiled

" Right, we can't keep Andrew waiting " Dad offered me his arm, as Queen Vanessa went ahead. I took his arm nervously, he patted my hand reassuringly. I smiled, this was a step into a new life. I hope I am ready for this...

I found myself walking down the aisle, everyone was watching. Some girls my age glared at me evilly, while some of the older generation were crying into scraps of lace. I looked up at Andrew, he gazed at me. His best man, his friend, Mike, was muttering to him up his breath.

Dad seemed to sense my feelings and gave my hand a friendly squeeze. I smiled weakly as I stopped beside Andrew and dad sat down. The Abbott of the temple of light stood before us.

" Dearly Beloved, Prince Andrew of Albion and Adalia daughter of Reaver have invited us here today to share in the celebration of their marriage – their wedding. We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to recognize a bond that already exists. " at this point we looked at each other and smiled before turning back to the Abbott. " This marriage is one expression of the many varieties of love. Love is the eternal force of life. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. If you would have the foundation of your union be the love you have for each other, not just at this moment, but for all the days of your lives. " Andrew watched his father shift uncomfortably. I knew that Elliot was ready to complain about the wedding. I watched my father, he lightly tap his dragonstomper 48 lightly. I smiled weakly.

"Adalia will you have this man to be your husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

" I do " I said

" Andrew , will you have this woman to be your wife, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live? "

" I do " Andrew mimicked my words proudly, I smiled.

" Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage? " the Abbott asked the guests. We both turned to see Elliot stand.

" I hope you don't plan on ruining their special day " Reaver said quite loudly. Elliot opened his mouth to say something, but instead he turned and left.

" Please, continue " Andrew told the Abbott who smiled.

" of cause " he smiled " Andrew, please repeat after me : I, Prince Andrew of Albion "

" I, Prince Andrew of Albion " Andrew said

" take you Adalia to be my wife, to love and to cherish till death do us part. "

" Take you Adalia to be my wife, to love and to cherish till death do us part. " Andrew finished

" Adalia repeat after me : I, Adalia daughter of Reaver "

" I, Adalia daughter of Reaver " I said

" take you Andrew to be my husband, to love and to cherish till death do us part. "

" Take you Andrew to be my husband, to love and to cherish till death do us part. " I concluded

" This is a moment of dedication. The world does a good job of reminding us of how fragile we are. Individuals are fragile relationships are fragile, too. Every marriage needs the love, nurture, and support of a network of friends and family. On this wedding day, I ask you not only to be friends of Andrew and Adalia together, friends of the relationship. May the flow of your love help brighten the fate of the earth. May the source of all love touch and bless us and grace our lives with color and courage. " the Abbott smiled at us both. " From the earliest times, the circle has been a symbol of completeness, a symbol of committed love. An unbroken and never ending circle symbolizes a commitment of love that is also never ending. As often as either of you looks at this symbol, I hope that you will be reminded of the commitment to love each other, which you have made each of you repeat after me? I, Andrew, give to you Adalia this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed."

" I, Andrew, give to you Adalia this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed. " Andrew slipped a gold ring with a ruby rose onto my finger.

" I, Adalia, give to you Andrew, this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed. " I slipped a similar ring on to his.

" Before this gathering, Andrew and Adalia have promised each other their love and have given each other rings to wear as a sign of their deep commitment. Therefore I declare that they are husband and wife. You may kiss the bride. " at his words, Andrew pulled me close and kissed me, the guests cheered and Mike wolf whistled. We broke apart, we smiled. I couldn't help laughing slightly. Dad and Queen Vanessa approached us.

" Dad? " I looked at him confused " Are you crying? "

"No its liquid pride, totally different " he grinned wiping his eyes. I smiled.

" I am proud to announce that you are now the crowned princess of Albion " Vanessa place a tira on my head. I smiled, and Andrew pulled me into a loving embrace.

" Ready for the party? " he asked me

" Yes, shall we go, my prince? " I smiled

" yes, let us go " Andrew kissed me, then we headed to the ballroom, where the party had already began. My new life had just begun.

Author's note : anyone notice the reference? If you do please answer. ^o^ hope you enjoyed it.
Sign up to rate and review this story