Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

the oak field farm

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 976 words - Complete

0Unrated
I woke up in Andrew's embrace the day after we saved our father from a pirate who wanted his title of pirate king. Andrew was still asleep, I carefully climbed out of bed, trying not to wake him, than left the room. The castle was bigger on the insids than I first thought, after 6 or 7 turns, I was lost. I looked at the paintings, hoping I had past them before getting lost.

" Good morning Adalia " Vanessa came out of a room, Elliot close behind her.

" Sorry, I got lost, I was trying to find my way back " I bowed my head to her.

" There is no need for that, we are family now" Vanessa smiled warmly "And Andrew has a plan, I think you will like" She began to lead me through the maze of hallways.

" Really? " I looked up at her, I had never thought I would end up marrying the great hero's son, but I did! I wonder what my mother would say?

" Yes, I am sure he will like to tell you himself " Vanessa smiled

" Ok, Your majesty, may I ask, But what happened to my mother? " I looked away.

" She is in the dungeons, you are welcome to go and see her if you wish " Vanessa said. " And you realise that you can call me mother or, at least Vanessa" We stopped in the main hall, but Elliot carried on towards the dining hall. " Or Nessa"

" I'll call you mother, and where are the dungeons? " I asked

" Major Finn! " Mother called, and man with amazingly blonde haor and blue eyes came over.

" Yea, your majesty? " he asked

" Please escort Princess Adalia to the woman who refuses to pay taxes" mother told him

" Of course " he bowed" This way princess" " followed the Major down into the lower levels of the castle. " You have a guest " Major Finn stopped out side a prison cell. " I'll leave you in peace princess" Major from left.

" What Princess, Albion has no... Adalia!? " She looked up at me.

" Mom... " I looked at her sadly

" You... A princess? " She looked amazed

" Prince Andrew and I were wed a few days ago " I explained " And Father accepted me "

" I am surprised, I had hoped he had shot you... " Before she could say anymore, I stood up.

" You never change. If you excuse me, I must join Andrew for breakfast" I ran to the door.

" One day, you will become as worthless as the old farm. " my mom crackled. I opened the door, major Finn was surprised to see me crying.

" Are you ok? " He asked

" I am fine... I just need some time alone. " I told him.

" Follow me" Finn led me to the main hall, just as Andrew was coming down the staires.

" Adalia! What's wrong? " Andrew rushed over and quickly embraced me.

" Just my mother, I let her get to me... I am fine, honest " I smiled at him

" If you say so, and I have a plan. Of course, my father hates having you here and we can't exactly live at your father's... Si, we rebuilt your old farm, all the animals have been returned, including Sunset, Sky and Midnight... I was thinking we could live there. " Andrew told me " Lead an honest life, until my mother believes it is time that we took over... Not that my father will be too pleased"

" My old farm. You rebuilt it? " I looked at him hopefully.

" Yes... So, is it a good idea? "Andrew asked.

" No... " I looked up at him " It's a brilliant Idea! " I kissed him " Thank you..."

"So, you agree? " Mother came out of the dining hall.

" Yes, we shall leave today" Andrew smiled

" I need to tell my father " I said. Andrew and I planed out today... We had to pack, which I had to return home to do, I also need to tell my family, all but my imprisoned mother. I changed, had a slice of toast before taking a carriage to my dad's.

I knocked on the door and waited, Phoenix opened the door.

" Sis, come on in! " Phoenix let me past. Dad and Craven were in the study. I gathered them together and told them the plan.

" So, you will be heading north of Bowerstone market. " Dad said, I nodded.

" We plan on heading out before days end" I looked at him, he seemed a little down.

" At least we can still visit " dad smiled

" And I will find time to visit here, I hate to leave you... But, like all little Hawks, I must leave the nest to find my own way"

" Yes, you do. Just promise you will be careful. " Dad said.

" Promise " I hugged him, my family helped tidy away my room. I was taking my katakana from the queen, clothes, the really rubbish drawing of a dragonstomper 48, my dragonstomper 48 and Avo. I gave Skorm to my Dad.

" Please look after it" I told him

" I will. I will keep it with my other treasured guns. " Dad ruffled up my hair, I smiled, it was sad that I would be leaving this behind.

I reached the castle just before sunset. I had changed into the clothes I had first worn when I came to prove myself. Andrew was waiting beside a carriage.

" All ready? " He asked

" Yes, shall we go? " I said, he nodded and let me in. As the carriage began to move, I saw mother waving, I waved back until we left the castle grounds. This was it...

I had drifted off to sleep on the way to Oakfield, Andrew woke me when we had reached the farm.

" Home sweet home " Andrew smiled as we got out of the carriage.

" So, this is the beginning of our new life together... " I muttered" I can't wait! " We headed in side to have a look around our new home.
Sign up to rate and review this story