Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 8

by Flyer16 0 reviews

The ones closest to you will always be the first to help you through the rough patches of life.

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-06-19 - 895 words

0Unrated
Sometimes, that mountain you’ve been climbin’
Is just a grain of sand.
And what you’ve been out there searchin’ for forever
Is in your hand.
Oh, when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small.


~~~~~~~

A/N

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This one gets graphic.


~~~~~~~

Recap:

That night, as Raph was crawling into bed, Carrie sat straight up and screamed while clutching at her stomach.

“Carrie!” He yelled, trying to get her attention. “Carrie, what’s wrong?” he grabbed her arm and forced her to look at him.

“It hurts, Raph!” she screamed. “Oh my god, it hurts!”

A sickening thought struck him and he tossed the covers off of her body. Blood coated the sheets and continued flow from an unseen wound.

Raph’s mind went completely blank. All he could hear was Donnie’s voice saying, “Miscarriage.”


~~~~~~~

Raph did the only thing he could do given the circumstances: He panicked. His body froze and no amount of will power could get his overwrought muscles to move.

Carrie continued to scream and cry. She clutched at her stomach and begged God not to take her child from her.

Suddenly, Raph’s thoughts came back to him enough for him to know that Donnie should be here. But Carrie would not let him go get him.

“Don’t leave me, Raph!” she sobbed. “Please don’t!”

Benny started crying from his room down the hall. Raph pulled himself free of Carrie’s death grip and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where the wall phone hung without a care in the world.

Carrie’s screams of anguish alone almost made him pass out where he stood. He picked up the phone with trembling hands and punched in the speed dial for the lair.

After the third ring, Leo picked up.

“This is Cowabunga Car--”

“LEO!” Raph shouted, near hysterics. “SHE’S BLEEDIN’ OUT! GET DONNIE OVER HERE!”

“Raph, calm down.” Leo tried to say.

“GET DONNIE NOW!” he yelled and slammed the phone back down on the holder and sprinted back up the stairs. His skin prickled with cold sweat.

“Raph!” Carrie reached for him as he rushed in their room. He grabbed her hand and pressed a kiss on her head.

“It’s gonna be ok, baby.” he whispered, his voice shaky. “It’s gonna be ok.”

“It hurts so bad!” she sobbed.

“Shhh.” Raph hushed her and managed to get her to lie back down.

Donnie appeared in the doorway with Leo, Mikey, and Splinter right on his heels. He took one look at Carrie and immediately pulled out a catheter from a suit-case looking like thing.

“What’s that for?” Raph asked him anxiously.

“Epidural.” He said. “Carrie, I need you to turn over on your side.”

Carrie nodded and rolled over. Donnie took the needle and stuck it into the base of her spine. Then he fed some fluid in through the end. Carrie’s body relaxed and she breathed a sigh of relief.

“That will numb her body from the waist down.” Donnie said. Then he looked at Raph with an expression Raph knew meant nothing good. “We’re going to have to induce her.”

Before either Carrie or Raph could react, Donnie pulled an IV out of the case and stuck the needle into Carrie’s arm.

“I’m sorry.” Donnie said sincerely.

Within ten minutes, Carrie was ready to push.

~~~~~~~

There was a small patch of woods just outside of New York that the turtles had found while on an extended patrol trip.

There, Raph and Carrie stood silently before a small hole in the earth with a little blue and pink box resting in their hands.

Carrie had long since given up containing her tears. The moment the two-month-old baby came out, she had been a mess. Nothing was able to console her.

Raph’s eyes were dry, but nothing, not even his expertise in masking emotion could hide the sadness and confusion radiating from his redish brown irises.

“I wonder if they would have had your eyes.” Carrie said softly, wiping a tear from her cheek.

“Naw.” Raph said and wrapped an arm around her waist. “They would’ve had your eyes and my sense of humor.”

Carrie smiled ever-so slightly. “Can you imagine? What a handful…”

Raph planted a small kiss on her forehead and answered the unspoken question that he knew she was dying to ask, but couldn’t muster up enough courage.

You’re not the only one.” He said as he squeezed her hand. He took the box and gently placed it in the ground and covered it up with dirt. “We’ll get through this together.”

A/N

Ok, I’m just gonna say that this chapter was a BITCH to write… I actually had to call my dad over and have him help me with it. And I was also working every day this week instead of three times so I have had almost no time to finish this chapter.

Also, next week, I’m going to be out of town on a service trip and that means no wifi…..

I’ll try to post every day again until I leave to try to make up for it…

Rate, review, make your mark.

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story