Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 10

by Flyer16 0 reviews

Somebody's gotta wanna hold his hand, so God made girls.

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-06-21 - 618 words

0Unrated
“Big or small, young or old, I think most men will agree… women are scary.”
--Unknown

~~~~~~~

The rough sound of stone sliding against itself filled Raph’s ears. He turned from where he had situated himself at the kitchen table with a bowl of Chex-mix and the newest addition of Hot Rod Magazine to see who had just let themselves in. “Hey, Mike.” He said.

“Hey. Where’s Carrie?”

“Upstairs feedin’ Benny.” Raph replied as he returned his attention to the magazine.

“Raph? Can I ask you something?” Mikey asked. If he had pockets, Raph could swear his hands would be shoved down as deep as they could go.

“Sure.” he said and kicked a chair out for Mikey to sit on. “What’s eatin’ ya, kid?”

Mikey sat down in the chair backwards and rested his folded arms on the back. He sighed so deeply Raph would have thought that Leo had just chewed the poor guy out for something or other.

“How did you know that Carrie was ‘the one’?” he asked, genuinely curious.

Raph lifted an eyebrow and set the magazine down. “I dunno.” He said. “I guess I always knew in my subconscious. Why?”

“Do you think it could happen to me?” Mike shifted his eyes away from Raph’s powerful gaze to the tempting bowl of Chex-mix.

Raph knew where this was going. Some days, Mikey just felt like he always got the short end of the stick. Everyone was always looking down on him, they never take him seriously, they think he’s an idiot. Yadda yadda yadda. On days like that, Raph would find himself either the punching bag or the counselor.

But, everything considered, Raph completely understood why Mikey would feel that way. Everyone, Raph included, really took Mike’s happy-go-lucky attitude for granted. There weren’t many times that he could remember when they took something Mikey said seriously. Like that one time when they were kids he said there was a six legged monster under his bed. Turned out to be a termite.

“I think it could happen to all of us to be completely honest.” Raph said and pushed the bowl over to Mikey’s awaiting hand. “I mean, it happened to me.”

“Oh.” Mikey said, picking out the pretzels and m&ms.

“But that ain’t what’s really botherin’ you…” Raph assumed. “Is it?”

Mikey rubbed an m&m to the point of smashing it between his fingers, be he didn’t seem to notice.

“How would you treat that person?” he asked incredulously. “How can you just give yourself away like that?”

“I asked Splinter the same thing.” Raph said. “Ya know what he said?”

Mikey straightened up in his seat and mimicked Yoda’s voice. “Bite the hand that fed you do not.”

Raph rolled his eyes. “No. He said, ‘What do you have if you don’t have the kind of love you just want to give away?’”

Mikey blinked. “You know that’s from a song right?”

Raph smirked. “Don’t tell Splinter that.”

Mikey laughed.

“My point is,” Raph continued. “That when you love someone, you don’t ever want to give them anythin’ less than 100%.”

Mikey seemed to stew on that for a while. “Alright.” He said finally as he stood up. “Thanks, dude.”

“Anytime.” Raph grinned as Mikey sauntered out the door.

“How long you been standin’ there?” he asked after the door shut.

Carrie strode down the stairs with a huge smile on her face. “Long enough.” She said and placed a kiss on Raph’s head.

A/N

SO LONG MY FRIENDS!!!!! TILL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

Rate, review, make your mark.

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story