Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 11

by Flyer16 0 reviews

She said, "Shut up and dance with me."

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-07-01 - 1431 words

0Unrated
“I don’t dance.
But here I am,
Spinning you ‘round and ‘round in circles.
It ain’t my style.
But I don’t care.
I’ll do anything with you anywhere.
Yeah, you got me in the palm of your hand.
Cuz I don’t dance.”

~~~~~~~

The sun gazed across the New York City sky line, sending a golden glow over the buildings and people still going to parties or home after a long day of work. But this particular evening, the sun was only focused on a young couple sitting comfortably on the roof of her apartment complex.

Raph leaned back on his elbows and cracked his neck. “Man, that was good.” he said with a smile. “We should have a picnic up here more often.”

Carrie grinned. “Thanks. Monthaversaries aren’t so stupid after all, huh?”

He rolled his eyes. “Well, if you go out to a fancy restaurant and dress up in the whole suit and tie shin dig every time, then yeah.”

“You just don’t like dressing up.” she accused with a smile.

He looked at her. “Hey, I’m a giant, mutant turtle.” He said. “You should be concerned if I liked to dress up.”

“Whatever you say.” She said and started packing up the leftovers and blanket.

Raph watched her face silently as she worked. The sun had angled itself behind her perfectly so that it looked like her hair shone with a faint glimmer. Her face glowed with orange and yellow and her eyes sparkled with gentle ferocity.

“What is it?”

“Huh?” he blinked.

“You were staring at me.” she said as she closed the basket.

“I was? Sorry.” he said sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. You’d think he hand the hang of this by now. After four months of dating this girl he should know that it doesn’t hurt to complement her every once in a while.

She just smiled softly and crawled over to him. She sat down next to him and sighed. “This is so nice.” she said and leaned against his plastron.

“Yeah.” he said and leaned his cheek against her head.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, just basking in the setting sun’s last rays and each other’s presence.

Abruptly, Carrie dug into her jeans pocket and pulled out her iPod.

“What’re you doin’?” he asked her.

She fished out her ear buds from her bag and plugged them in. “Giving us some romantic overture.” She said like it was obvious. She stuck one ear bud in her ear and the other she handed to Raph.

“This is stupid.” He grumbled and gently stuck it in the small hole on the side of his head.

She ignored him and replaced herself in her previous position against his chest.

They listened to several songs that Raph had never even heard of. They were all mostly country, which is understandable since she grew up in Austin, Texas. But there were some pop songs that he recognized like 22 and Counting Stars.

Raph let his mind wander. He thought about what Leo might be thinking right now in regards to his younger brother and his girlfriend being out so long.

Then he thought about how the universe dealt him a strange, but wonderful hand. Here he was, sitting on a rooftop with the most beautiful creature in the world leaning up against him. What the hell had he done to deserve this? To be completely honest, he hadn’t expected this relationship to go farther than a passive friendship. So one can only imagine his shock when Carried kissed him for the first time on her fire escape and then slammed the window shut and drew the curtains.

There was no reason in the world why he should have what he does. He could crush this woman’s body in between his finger and thumb. He could hurt her beyond healing. And what does he get in return? Her undying, unconditional love.

Suddenly, Carrie sat up straight and looked at Raph with huge eyes. For a second, he thought that she had heard his thoughts.

“Stand up.” she ordered as she paused the music.

“What?” he asked, dumbfounded.

“Stand up.” she repeated and started to do so herself. He obeyed without another word.

“I freaking LOVE this song.” She said with a big grin. “So, we are going to dance.”

“Dance?” Raph said with wide eyes. He laughed. “I’m a ninja. Ninjas don’t dance.”

“Yes they do.” she said and grabbed his hand. “Just not the way you think.” She placed his arm around her back. “Put your arm like this. And then hold out your other to hold mine.” She wrapped her left arm around his neck and held out her right hand and grasped his left.

“See?” she said. “That wasn’t so hard. Now we’re just going to add music.” She unpaused her iPod and rearranged herself in his arms. “And now we just rock back and forth.”

You know I’d fall apart without you. Don’t know how you do what you do.

Carrie’s head rested comfortably on Raph’s shoulder and the rest of her body pressed gently against him. He felt his body move on its own accord, swaying left… then right… then left… then right again.

Cuz everythin’ that don’t make sense about me makes sense when I’m with you.

He found himself listening to the words for the first time that evening and heard them speaking to him.

And everythin’ that’s green, girl, I need you. But it’s more than one and one makes two.

Green growin’? He had to smile at that one. It was true. He was green… and he needed her.

Put aside the math and the logic of it. You gotta know you’re wanted, too.

He almost stopped moving altogether as the chorus approached.

Cuz I wanna wrap you up. Wanna kiss your lips. I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine. Wanna hold your hand forever. Never let you forget it. Yeah I wanna make you feel wanted.

This song spoke his thoughts almost as if he wrote them down and put them to music himself. He involuntarily tightened his arm around Carrie just a little.

Anyone can tell you you're pretty. And you get that all the time, I know you do. But your beauty's deeper than the make-up. And I wanna show you what I see tonight.

Raph couldn’t remember the last time he saw her wearing substantial amounts of make-up. It was mostly just the minimal amount of powder and blush. But it was true. She did look more beautiful without it.

When I wrap you up. When I kiss your lips. I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine. Wanna hold your hand forever. Never let you forget it. Cuz baby I wanna make you feel wanted.

As good as you make me feel, I wanna make you feel better. Better than your fairy tales. Better than your best dreams. You're more than everything I need. You're all I ever wanted. All I ever wanted.

He gently pressed his lips to her hair and breathed in her scent. He loved the way she smelled. Like strawberry shampoo and a special smell that was just her own.

And I just wanna wrap you up. Wanna kiss your lips. I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine. Wanna hold your hand forever. And never let you forget it. Yeah I wanna make you feel wanted. Baby I wanna make you feel wanted.

He let go of her hand and lifted her face up to his by her chin. He gazed into her blue eyes for a moment and gently pressed his lips to hers.

You'll always be wanted.

A/N

I AM SO SORRY THIS IS LATE!!!!!!

Man, I feel awful…. I hate making excuses but let me try to redeem myself. I was pretty much dead when I got home on Saturday, and then my laptop crashed Sunday, and then Monday was “cleaning house day”, an then my oldest brother moved out last night…. so hence, I have had ZERO time to write….

Please don’t hate me…

Joke of the Day: A raw egg fell from a table into a glass of soda. Don’t worry, it was a soft drink. XD

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story