Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Who am I to you?

Chapter 21

by imakilljoywannabe 2 reviews

Are these really necessary?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2015-07-09 - 584 words

0Unrated
I couldn't help it. My eyes snapped open. I heard a muttered, "Shit."

I blinked, trying to make out the people beside me, even though I already knew who they were.

"Um. Hi, Frank." A very apprehensive Mikey greeted me. "Did you, ah, did you just wake up?"

I stared at him. "I was never sleeping."

Mikey visibly paled. "Fuck, Frank I-"

"You said 'I loved him first'. Who?" I was almost 100% certain it was me, but I didn't want to sound like an egotistical brat if it wasn't.

Mikey looked down, obviously terrified.

"You." He whispered after a long pause. I just kept staring.

"M- me?"

He nodded, not meeting my gaze.

"What did you mean by first?"

"I meant that I pointed you out to Gerard, to see what he thought. He decided you were cute, and before I had a chance to speak he had decided you were going to be his boyfriend..." He looked at Gerard, his eyes filled with pain. "It broke my heart."

Gerard said nothing. It looked as though he couldn't. "Mikes... I had no idea-"

"Yeah, I know." He snapped. "You only think about yourself, Gerard. What you want. And you'll hurt as many people as you need to to get it. Even your own brother... It's sick."

Gerard's head hung in shame, and I looked between the two of them fearfully. Mikey glared at Gerard for a good five minutes before turning to look my way.

"Frank. You heard me say it, there's no point in denying it; I love you. A lot. And it kills me to see you with my arrogant asshole of a brother, especially when he treats you like a toy that he'll just throw away as soon as his interest dulls. I don't want you in pain. It was hard enough to watch Gerard take you and break up with you-" Both Gerard and I winced. "-but seeing you about to die? Because of him? That was too much. Frankie, I don't want you to be with my brother. I want you to be with me. I'd treat you right, give you the love you deserve. I'd never let anyone hurt you ever again. I love you."

My eyes flicked between Gerard and Mikey, looking for some hint as for what to do. Eventually Gerard spoke up.

"Frankie... I've never loved anyone before. Every girl I've ever been with was just a toy to me, a plaything to keep me entertained. But with you... There was something off from the beginning. Do you remember I told you that? I couldn't figure out what it was. For the longest time I kept wondering, the question bugging me for days on end. It took a talk with Mikey to realize I had actually fallen for you. I couldn't believe it. I've never felt this way, and I just don't know how to handle this. I swear to god or anyone else that I know I love you, and that leaving you was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I can't forgive myself for hurting you. I can't. But I'll never hurt you again. Ever. Please, if we could just start over... I love you. I truly do. What more can I say? Those three words are the only ones that matter. I love you."

I stared at both of them, scared out of my mind. A look of horror came to my face as they spoke in unison.

"Who do you choose?"
Sign up to rate and review this story