Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Future

Lost in Home Territory

by benit149 0 reviews

PSSM:F Chapter 4

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Chibi-Usa - Published: 2015-10-18 - 1720 words

0Unrated
PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR MOON: FUTURE

Chapter 4: Lost in Home Territory

A few days after the attack on the Crystal Palace, Small Lady and the Sailor Quartet got ready to head into Tokyo as normal citizens. They had to make sure everything was ready before descending the many elevators that guided them back to the surface. Once they were ready, the five girls approached the palace’s elevator while Serenity, Endymion and the eight Sailor Soldiers watched on. The princess had changed out of her frilly pink dress, now wearing a blue and white Japanese school uniform with a red bow. The Sailor Quartet wore t-shirts in their respective colors and white shorts.

“Okay, we’re off!” Small Lady waved to the crowd.

“You take care of yourself. Don’t eat too many sweets, do your homework, and be sure to brush your teeth before going to bed. That goes for you too, Pallas,” Serenity said.

“Aww, that’s no fun!” Sailor Pallas groaned.

Small Lady sighed a bit. “Geez, you don’t need to nag me, Mama. I’m not like you when you were younger.”

Although her mother looked a little miffed, they shared a good chuckle at her expense. Endymion told the Sailor Quartet, “Be sure to keep her safe. We don’t know what to expect from that girl or the new enemies.”

“Yes, sir! Nothing will get past us!” Sailor Vesta saluted. “Let us know if you guys find out anything interesting! We’ll be sure to do the same!”

“Ah, speaking of which,” Sailor Mercury chimed in, walking towards Small Lady while holding an odd toy shaped like a smiling black cat’s face with blue eyes, a crescent moon on its forehead and an antenna. “I’ve upgraded Luna-P for you. You can contact the palace and speak with someone here from anywhere in Tokyo. If no one is here to take your message, you can leave a video message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We can also reach you with Luna-P if we have any new information. It won’t work outside the city, so try not to leave if you can.”

“Thanks!” Small Lady accepted the doll and held it closely. She told the Sailor Quartet, “Let’s get going then!”

They waved to the group one more time before the elevator doors closed and the platform descended. The girls watched the numerous crystals surrounding Crystal Tokyo rise higher and higher as they gradually reached the next elevator. This complex series of descending elevators continued for another 15 minutes.

While some of the girls marveled in the sight of Tokyo from so far above, Pallas yawned after a while and complained, “This is getting boring. Do we have to do this every time we need to go to the palace?”

“Don’t whine, PallaPalla. Just think of this as a chance to take in the sights,” Juno grumbled, addressing her sister by her civilian name.

While in Tokyo, Small Lady Serenity would go by the name she used when she traveled back to the 20th century; Tsukino Usagi, but since it was the exact same name as her mother’s, she used Chibi-Usa (“Small Usagi”) to differentiate herself. The Sailor Quartet chose to masquerade as the Yoeda sisters who had recently moved to Tokyo from the jungles of South America in order to receive top-quality education. Ceres went by CereCere, Juno as JunJun, Vesta was VesVes, and obviously, Pallas was PallaPalla. Those names would certainly raise a few eyebrows, but who could do anything about it? They liked them, and that was all that mattered.

Chibi-Usa pressed her hands against the glass and watched in awe as they descended. “It’s been a long time since I was in Tokyo. I just know everything will feel so nostalgic when we get there.”

“Don’t forget, though,” CereCere reminded her, “that most of Japan’s citizens don’t know what the Royal Family looks like. It would cause a lot of trouble for us if everyone knew the princess was mingling among them.”

“Of course I’ll be careful.”

“Hmm… The only memories I have of the city are when we worked for Nehelenia. After that, we resumed our slumber…” VesVes murmured, thinking back to when the Sailor Quartet had been prematurely awakened and brainwashed by the Dead Moon Circus’s evil queen, forced to serve her and fight against Sailor Moon and her team. The other Sailor Soldiers held no grudge against the Quartet for their involvement in Nehelenia’s plans, but the four sometimes felt bothered by it.

Chibi-Usa convinced her by saying, “I’ll show you around once we get settled in our apartment. I promise that you’ll find something you’ll like!”

Once they exited the halls of Crystal Tokyo’s main administrative offices in Azabu-Juuban, she unfurled a map and squinted to figure out which streets they were supposed to take. “Hmmm, this is so hard to read… Which way is the Chuo district?”

“Isn’t it west of Azabu?” JunJun muttered perplexedly.

“You’re totally helpless without me,” CereCere groaned haughtily. “Chuo is due northeast from our current position. We’re supposed to go to the apartment complexes in Ginza and have a look around. My, my, and Ginza is supposed to be the most glamorous district in all of Tokyo. With Serenity covering all of our expenses, this is like a dream come true!”

JunJun ignored her sister’s daydreaming and grumbled, “And which way is east?”

“Are you an idiot!? East is that way!”

CereCere pointed in a particular direction, but because it was exactly noon on a bright and sunny day, no one could be sure if she was correct.

“Is that so? Then I say east is this way!” JunJun argued, pointing to the opposite direction.

VesVes shook her head. “Nuh uh! East is over there!” She directed her hand to a third random direction.

PallaPalla found this squabble entertaining and exclaimed, “That way!” She just wanted to complete the cardinal directions by going the opposite of VesVes’ way. Chibi-Usa moaned in frustration and begged, “Can we please take this seriously? I wanna find a place to stay before it gets dark.”

“But we are! And I know I’m right! The rising sun always comes from that way!” CereCere argued.

“Really? I thought it was this way,” JunJun raised an eyebrow.

“That’s because you fell asleep upside-down last night!”

“Hee hee, JunJun slept on her head!” PallaPalla giggled.

VesVes crossed her arms and joked, “I can totally see her doing that.”

“Hey, knock it off already!” JunJun yelped.

Chibi-Usa had lost her patience with them. “Geez! I’ve had enough of this! I’m gonna go ask someone!”

She ran onto the sidewalk and looked around for anyone to flag down. She spotted a girl around her age and height with long green hair done in a low ponytail. She wore a white sundress with a pine green denim vest and sandals, carrying several shopping bags full of merchandise over her shoulder.

“Excuse me!” Chibi-Usa asked. “Can you tell us how to get to Ginza?”

The girl looked bemused as she watched the four sisters arguing and Chibi-Usa feeling overwhelmed. She suggested, “Why not just hail a sky cab?”

“Oh!” the pink-haired child gasped. Why hadn’t she thought of that? The immediate area around Crystal Tokyo boasted some of the world’s greatest technological advances that traveling the condensed city was a lot easier in the 30th century. She must have spent so much time in the Victorian-era castle that she had forgotten about the clamor of normal life. “I guess we could do that. I just thought it would be close enough for us to walk.”

“I suppose.”

Just then, the sisters barged behind Chibi-Usa and glared at the girl straight in the face, shouting together, “You there!”

She looked a little miffed from their rudeness. “Yes, I’m here. What do you want?”

“You look smart! Help us settle this once and for all! Which way is east!?” VesVes demanded.

“Is that what you were arguing about? Why couldn’t you have just waited fifteen minutes?”

“Why wait when we can get moving now!?”

“The short time spent on plans will save an exponential amount of frustration.”

“Like I care! I prefer being spontaneous!”

“Fine. Whatever works for you.”

The stranger looked up at a nearby digital clock that read 12:18 PM. “I suppose enough time has passed,” she murmured, then looked at the ground while standing perfectly still. She was trying to be a human sundial, which allowed her to reach a quick answer. She pointed in the proper direction and explained, “Since the sun is in the process of setting westbound, that means this is east.”

The other girls looked shocked as they glanced at PallaPalla. She cheered, “Yay, I was right! I was only guessing too!”

“Damn it! No fair!” JunJun cursed. “Okay then, how do you tell north from south!?”

“You’re kidding, right? If you’re heading for Ginza, there should be plenty of signs to direct you,” the stranger huffed. “Seriously, you could have reached your destination in the span it’s taken you to waste my time. Just as I said, your poor planning is costing me valuable seconds.”

“Argh! Just because you’re smart doesn’t mean you get to mouth off at us!”

“Maybe I’m intelligent, or maybe it’s just common sense. I couldn’t tell you for sure. What I am is extremely busy. May I continue with my errands now?”

“Yes, you may! I’m so sorry!” Chibi-Usa hastily interfered. “Thank you so much for your help! We’ll take it from here! Come on, you guys!”

She pushed the bickering sisters down the sidewalk in the proper direction with Luna-P floating behind its owner. The irritated girl watched them leave before adjusting the bags draped on her shoulder. She craned her head high up until she could see the precipice of Crystal Tokyo shining against the afternoon sun.

She whispered under her breath, “So that was the princess and her guardians. If that’s how they behave normally, I’m almost afraid to meet them as Sailor Soldiers…”
Sign up to rate and review this story