Categories > Books > Twilight > Zenobia The Dhampir

Athena Polias

by Fornallure 0 reviews

Zenobia goe's to Athens and meets Athenodora and other vampires.

Category: Twilight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-01-31 - 556 words

0Unrated
Via a merchant's ship, I traveled to the mainland.The first place I went was Athens, Greece.The city had high walls, temples and homes were built from stones and mountains.Humans are interesting creatures indeed but are so easily deceived.I stole a white wrap off of a man without him noticing and wrapped it around my shoulders and head.It seemed like everyone ignored me and went about in the streets in their daily lives and trade.The chattering of a thousand voices seemed to distract me; I've forgotten how it was amongst life!
I walked into a shepherd's flock of sheep, He shouted at me"Get out of the way!girl go back home!"I stayed my tongue and did not retaliate.An unidentified person placed his hand on my shoulder"Excuse me...Aeolos!The priestess of Athena requires an animal sacrifice for tonight's rite"
"Take this sheep,"
I ran away when the two began to talk.The place I adventured to was the temple of Athena, I n the center of the temple was a bronze statue of a woman with an owl,and many offerings on her pyre.
"Hello,There?You are like me!"s aid a girl's voice.She appeared from behind a column."I am Calisto!"
"I am Athenodora"Another woman came up from behind me, surprised I accidentally shattered a decorated vase on Athena's offering pyre."You could have killed someone!What is your name?stranger?"
I calmed down and answered"My name is Zenobia,"
"Zenobia?...you have a rare power"Athenodora complimented me.
"Thank you, I have had this power ever since I became this"I replied with an honest smile."Though I never had to use it in dire or useful situations"
Athenodora laughed"Where have you been?In a cave?"
"Yes, You are right, I have been in a cave for many years, my reaction time is improving, though"I tempted to laugh with the blonde woman, but she continued to speak.
"You could stay here if you help me with slaying a few children of Lycaon and Lamia, They are harassing us; Someone with your power could easily kill them, Can you implode flesh?"She requested keeping a friendly smile.
"Anything with a physical body, I can destroy"I replied trying to keep up with her degree of hospitality.
"That is good, Will you help me?"
"Yes, I will,"
"Time for the sacrifice to Athena Polias!Come on!Calisto"Athenodora called for her young companion and I fallowed closely behind them.
Later; The two lead me to an alter, where a human male gave Athenodora a sheep, She slits the animal's stomach and pulled out its intestines.I fought the need to feed and then she spoke to the crowd and the Athenian coven."When the beasts attack!The gods shall rain justice upon them...so is the will of the gods!"
"When they come destroy them, Zenobia"She whispered to me.
Twenty minutes later, A group of ravaged beasts came into the scene and tempted to attack the vampires and the humans, I obliterated them with a single thought and gesture of my right hand.Their blood and flesh splattered on the trees, green grass, and rocks.None survived.
"Amazing!The work of the gods"Athenodora clasped her hands and her companions cheered.
Sign up to rate and review this story