Categories > Books > Twilight > Zenobia The Dhampir

The Athenian Clan

by Fornallure 0 reviews

The Athenian Clan of vampires with pale skin and flawless beauty

Category: Twilight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-01-31 - 1000 words

0Unrated
After the slaughter we began to walk back to the clan's hideout, I turned to her and asked, "What was wrong with those wolfs?" Athenodora wore a white chiton and her long blonde hair flowed freely.
"A few days ago we were attacked by the Lycaon, the wolfs suffered being bit by our newborns and changed dramatically into ravaged beasts, thanks to you we did not suffer any causalities," Athenodora explained simply.
"I see'"
The Athenian clan resided in a abandoned palace, in the mountains above the city of Athens, the palace was surrounded by figures, decorated vases and paintings on the walls; similar to the ones drawn on the walls at my home in Knossos, Crete. Athenodora, I could see how tiresome she was here by her solemn expression, she wanted to leave, but where?We hunted travelers and bandits, that walked the crossroads.My eyes changed from red to blue, it would seem to my blonde friend.
"Your eyes?Are rare indeed"She commented on my indigo eyes."You are something this clan needs"
"Thank you,"She thought I was not like the vampires of the clan, she belonged to.I was an old essence of life: That rebirthed like a phoenix.
The Athenian clan sat like inanimate statues most of the time.The only time the eleven tempted to move; was when they were thirsting for blood or performing blood rituals.It seemed as if they lost all meaning to their existence or they were too distracted by their surroundings.Artists would come once and a while to make deals with them for modeling or the vampires would dance around in delirium.These vampires wouldn't even speak to each other.They were like beautiful idols.
I mostly spent my day gazing out over the pier; into the city, the ocean, and battlements: where soldiers practiced for war. Never forgetting where I came and where I am now.The humans seemed to war constantly with each other, It has been like that for thousands of years, men crave violence like it's an instinct and my kin isn't all that different.
One day, Athenodora came to me claiming,"I'm going to leave, to the north, Zenobia, I want you to lead this clan, do whatever you want with them, they know I left you in charge"I respected her choice and nodded.

She left without saying goodbye.Calisto grabbed my right hand with her small hand, and asked;
"What will we do now?Zenobia?"
Calisto was 10, but she seemed to be one of the most focused and despite her young age, she was quite smart and mature for her age. Small in stature with brunette colored hair, red eyes and a doll face.She always seemed to smile with absolutely no care in the world and clinged to me like a child to its mother.I wonder who made her? I pity this small girl.
"We will make new vampires," I said simply.
She clapped her hands"More friends.good!"
I laughed "Yes, We need a new air around here!"

"New friends?What kind of friends?"Calisto asked me, clenching her light weight dress.
I smiled"We need strong ambitious humans with abilities,"
"Oh, that kind of person?So where are you going to start?"
"Athens has a lot of capable individuals; We need change"
"Oh, this will be fun!"Calisto cheered, It was hard to believe under that face; she was a bloodthirsty killer.The two of us ventured into the city.Mostly men and foreign traders roamed about on horses or on foot; doing everyday things.She always stayed very close to me just smiling.But this time, she stopped, grabbed my hand and spoke:
"Zenobia, please carry me" I nodded my head and picked her up.She rested her curled brunette haired head on my shoulder and fell into a deep trance.
Ancient-Greece-21
&
"You never have time to enjoy yourself, Aro.There's going to be a feast occurring in the megaron tonight!Bring Didyme!"A young man named Dionysos said to his dark haired twenty-five-year-old friend.As they walked through the streets to the kings palace.
Aro scoffed"Still your vulgar tongue!Dionysos!My sister is still but a child"
Scuffling Dionysos assured Aro"I meant no harm, You becoming a commander of the king's army and you don't celebrate?Wheres, the fun in that?"
"Life isn't all about pomp, Dionysos" Aro reminded him.
"True!You could still enjoy life a little"Dionysos teased him, to his face.
"I'm busy, go do something productive"
To no avail of changing Aro's mind, Dionysos sighs and replies"Good luck with the kings military campaign!Don't die!"He begins to walk home muttering to himself, as Aro approached the king's palace.His head began to throb and all of a sudden the headache stopped.Putting that aside, he continued to the monarch's palace.
&
"Hmm, That was interesting "Calisto returned back to her body and alerted me.
"What is your ability?" I asked her, out of curiosity.
"I can astral project into the bodies of others, I was almost caught by a mortal," Calisto confessed to me.
"Caught?how?"
"Entities with strong mental powers can sometimes resist and or notice I'm there" She explained in a mature tone of voice.
I wanted someone capable of stirring up the vampire world and make all those idols and motionless statues move to take a stand and protect what is theirs, or be dominated.They have been living a purposeless eternity and I am about to give them purpose.Only the strong will survive and the weak must be protected or die by the hands of the strong.Follow the change or perish with the times of the past!So prepare yourselves for the strength of the gods and surrender your warm flesh to our cold embrace and witness the idols repent down to see the nothingness we truly are and make them open their red eyes to how dangerous we can be!
Sign up to rate and review this story