Categories > TV > Supernatural > Twinchesters Rewrite

Chapter 2

by FrankIsMySexGod 0 reviews

Settling into the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Published: 2016-02-04 - 2550 words

0Unrated
Our flight to America took absolutely ages. Luckily it was on a private jet. Apparently a fellow hunter of the supernatural owed Sam and Dean a favour. Dean and Hozzie were scared of flying though, so Sam and I pretty much had to calm them down. In doing so, we learned a lot about each other. Dean is 37 which makes him 18 years older than Hozzie and I. Sam is 33. Sam and Dean’s mother was called Mary. She died in a fire caused by a yellow eyed demon. The same yellow eyed demon that killed our father. They found out that we enjoy a variety of music whilst Dean is a strict classic rock man. I didn’t really talk about our mum that much. I didn’t want to. I knew Hozzie felt the same. Maybe it was a special telepathic thing that only twins get, or perhaps we just know each other inside out, but I could tell.

When we got to America we were crammed into the back of another car. Only this time it was a bit more spacious I suppose. Dean kept on calling it his baby so I reminded Hozzie of that one guy who’s so in love with his car that he fucks the exhaust pipe. We both let out a giggle but the boys didn’t question what we were laughing at. They just assumed we were gossiping. It was another long drive to this bunker place. I don’t really know what you’d call it. It was like a rabbit hole from the outside. I didn’t like the look of it at first but once we got in it was pretty sweet. It was like an underground cave of mystery and wonder. It smelt like boy though, so Hozzie and I would surely have to find the nearest shop that sells Febreeze or something. By the time we got in though, we were so exhausted that they just showed us to our room. They wanted us to stick together, and honestly, so did we.

“Penina, I’m not sure about this place. It just looks cold. I know it’s not, but a place shouldn’t look cold, should it?” Hozzie asked. The lights were out and we were starting to settle.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve got a plan.” I told her.

“How come you always have a plan?” She asked.

“I guess I’m just that way inclined. Listen; don’t unpack your stuff tomorrow. We’re getting out of here, Hoz. We just need to find a good window. They can’t keep us with them forever. I wouldn’t want that. And maybe for fun we could report them or something to the police.” I said, still not happy with the way they acted with me earlier.

“I’m not sure about that, Penina.” She said, biting her lip.

“It’ll be alright. We’re always alright. Just trust me. Now get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow.” I instructed her.

“Okay. Night.” She said.

“Night.” I replied.

Soon after that I fell into a deliciously soft sleep. I guess I was so tired from the day’s events I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. The next morning, I slowly opened my eyes and saw Hozzie wide awake.

“Finally!” She muttered.

“What’s up?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“I couldn’t sleep. Not really. I kept on lying awake thinking of all those things Sam and Dean said. We could’ve been killed by a demon yesterday Penina. Do you think there’s other stuff out there?” She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Possibly. Actually, it’s really likely. Yesterday demons didn’t exist in our world, and god knows we weren’t happy, but at least we were coping. And now we’ve been whisked off into this other world. A world where we have brothers and demons killed our dad. How have we had money wired to our accounts though? Surely he must’ve run out at some point.” I said.

“Or maybe this is a high-paid job?” Hozzie said doubtfully.

“Either way I’d give anything to get away from this. I know I said that about our old life, but I took that for granted. We would’ve made it eventually, and on our own merit. But now look at us...” I started.

“Penina, this life can’t be that bad. I mean, Sam and Dean are still alive.” Hozzie said, trying to reason.

“Well that bastard we had to call dad isn’t. And that’s beside the point. We don’t know Sam and Dean. And to be quite frank, I don’t like them. They don’t know us well enough. Not like we know each other.” I said. We stayed silent for a minute before I spoke up. “Hey; it’s still dark outside.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, so?” She asked.

“So Sam and Dean are probably still asleep, so we could probably go snooping for at least an hour. What do you think?” I asked.

“I think that’s a crazy idea.” She said.

“I know, but aren’t you just a little curious about this place?” I asked. She nodded her head, looking like she was regretting agreeing to it. We left a note for Sam and Dean in case they decided to check on us and then went round the house.

“Penina, I don’t like it. It’s too dark.” Hozzie said.

“Hold on.” I said. I got out my phone and turned on the light. “Better?” I asked. She shrugged.

“I guess.” She said.

“Great. Now let’s go in here.” I said. She followed me into a room that was practically a library.

“Whoa!” Hozzie exclaimed.

“I know. Look at all this crap.” I joked.

“You two shouldn’t be here.” A deep voice said from behind us. We turned to face the mysterious figure and jumped back. He was standing pretty close to us but didn’t seem threatening at all. He seemed curious. He seemed lost. He was squinting at us slightly and tilting his head.

“Who are you?” Hozzie asked. She was slightly scared, but I could tell she was feeling the same as I was.

“I’m Castiel. I’m an angel of the lord.” He said as if it was nothing. I nodded my head.

“Oh yeah. Sam mentioned you to me yesterday.” I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

“Wait, you knew angels existed and you didn’t tell me?” Hozzie asked.

“Sorry. I forgot. I was in a dark place at that time.” I answered.

“Still, you don’t normally come across that in conversation.” She mentioned. I shrugged.

“You two still shouldn’t be down here.” He said in the same deep, monotone voice he had when he introduced himself.

“Sorry. We just can’t sleep.” Hozzie said.

“We’re just looking around, Castiel. Can’t we do that?” I asked.

“Not really. There are some dangerous things in this bunker.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah right!” I said sarcastically.

“Penina...” Hozzie warned.

“You don’t honestly believe this do you? I mean, for the love of god! It’s a man in a trench coat, not a bloody angel.” I said.

“I can prove it to you if you’d like.” He offered.

“By all means, go ahead.” I said. I sat down on the floor and waited for him to perform some kind of miracle. He touched my forehead and I felt... his fingers on my forehead. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. He shook his hand as though he was trying to get something out of it. “See? I feel the same.” I said.

“But you don’t understand...” Castiel began.

“No, I do. You and our ’older brothers’ are playing a trick on us? It’s obviously some kind of con. Just leave us alone, okay?” I barked. I started storming out when I heard Hozzie meekly whisper a ‘sorry’ to Castiel. “Come on, Hozzie.” I said, trying to get her away from the man.

“You’re so rude. I think that whether he’s an angel or not, he definitely believes he is.” Hozzie snapped quietly at me.

“Listen, it doesn’t matter either way because we’re leaving soon anyway. I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to get out of this place.” I said. We then made our way back to our room. “I hate it here. I hate Dean, I hate Sam and I hate Castiel. Why are they tricking us?” I asked, not even particularly to Hozzie. I just wanted some answers.

“Maybe they’re not tricking us, Penina. What if this is all real? I mean, you saw Mrs Peril’s eyes. They just changed in a flash. Nothing could’ve done that unless it was some sort of supernatural being.” She said. I shrugged.

“Demons are things parents use to scare their children so they don’t sneak out. I just want to leave.” I said with tears in my eyes. She gave me a hug. I smiled into it. I needed a hug right now.

“I know, and we will. We just need to be careful about it.” She said. I nodded my head.

“Okay. You’re right. Let’s just try and get some sleep, okay?” I suggested. She nodded her head. I waited for her to get into bed and I turned off the lights. I fell asleep about an hour after that.

“Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!” Dean yelled, waking me up. I groaned.

“What the fuck do you want?” I muttered.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” He warned.

“Sorry your highness. What the fuck do you require?” I asked in my most posh voice, feeling more sarcastic than usual.

“I ‘require’ you to get your lazy ass up. It’s gone 12. Time for you to start training.” He said. I turned to face him. He was standing in the doorway. Hozzie must already be up, but I couldn’t be bothered for this.

“Training?” I asked.

“Yeah. You know, so you don’t die.” He said, not seeming to care about whether or not I do.

“Listen, I don’t want to do training. I don’t want this stupid life. I just want to go back to sleep.” I told him. He shook his head.

“Yeah, well this is the life you got. Deal with it, kid.” He said. I can’t fathom why anyone would ever choose to spend time with this asshole. I absolutely can’t stand it when people call me kid. I hate it. I angrily got out of bed and stormed to the kitchen. When I saw the plates they laid out for me I instantly felt sick.

“Bacon?” I asked in disgust.

“Penina, just eat the toast.” Hozzie said, munching down on everything.

“Please don’t tell me you’re a vegetarian.” Dean groaned.

“Jewish.” I said before leaving the room. I really couldn’t be bothered to deal with anything right now. I just went back to my room and sat on my bed. I hated crying. I never let Hozzie see me cry. I have to be brave in front of her. But now all of this is happening, and I didn’t know how else to control my emotions, so I just let it all out. When I heard the door close I shot a look to see who it was. It was Sam. I wiped my eyes and pretended nothing was wrong.

“Hey, it’s okay. You can let it all out. It’ll be fine.” He said, sitting next to me. He put his arm around me and I cried onto his plaid shirt.

“Why the fuck did all of this have to happen?” I asked angrily. “Hozzie and I were fine. Sure, we didn’t have a mum or dad, but we had each other and that was working great. Not perfectly, but it was manageable. We had friends, we had lives back there.” I said in one big breath. I’m not too sure Sam heard me entirely, but he consoled me as best as he could. “And why does Dean hate me? What have I ever done to him?” I asked.

“Hey! Dean doesn’t hate you. He definitely doesn’t hate you. He just doesn’t know how to handle you. That’s all.” Sam said.

“But it wouldn’t be entirely impossible, would it? I’m not exactly the most likeable person and he seems as though he never wanted any sisters. Why would he? I can’t speak for Hozzie. In my eyes she’s the best sister ever. But me? I’m always getting in trouble. Everything goes wrong for me and I bring everyone down. I was fine with it. I still am. I just want it to go back to the way it was when we were kids.” I said. He smiled comfortingly at me.

“What did you do when you were kids?” He asked.

“We used to play in the garden with our imaginary friends. And we used to wonder how we were twins because we don’t look alike, but we’d look into the mirror and play spot the difference and stuff. Then as we grew up it became dot to dot.” I joked. Once I stopped crying he ruffled my hair.

“You know, you remind me a bit of Dean. Not looks wise, apart from your eyes. But you’re both as sarcastic and jokey as each other. Give it time. Maybe your personalities are clashing right now, but I can see you guys getting on.” He said before leaving the room. I wiped my eyes and checked in the mirror for any signs of redness. When I was sure I looked okay, I begrudgingly went downstairs.

“Penina, Castiel’s an angel. For real.” Hozzie said.

“Sure he is.” I said in a patronising voice.

“He is. He just showed me his wings.” She told me.

“Chicken wings?” I joked.

“No, dummy. Real actual wings. I’ll show you.” She said. She took me by the hand and led me to where Castiel was. “Do it again. Please Castiel?” She begged.

“One more time.” He said. All of a sudden the lights flickered. It was kind of spooky. Then there were wings. Actual wings. Wings of an angel. Except there was something wrong. They looked... broken. I gasped.

“Shit!” I exclaimed.

“I told you. I knew he was for real!” Hozzie exclaimed. I nodded my head, in awe of what was in front of me.

“But look. They’re broken.” I said to Hozzie. I then looked up at Castiel.

“I’m sorry I doubted you. Do they hurt?” I asked. He smiled at me to show that he accepted my apology.

“Sometimes, but for the most part it’s bearable. One day though, I’ll get my wings back, and I can fly you to places you’ve only ever dreamed of.” He said. Hozzie and I looked at each other. We couldn’t wait.
Sign up to rate and review this story