Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines SPN

“Are we there yet?” Penina asked “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

“Have I stopped the car yet?” Dean snapped.

“Well, no…”

“Then there’s your answer.” Dean said.

Penina sighed and slumped down in her seat “I am so bored, how long’s it gonna take?”

“However long it takes.” Dean said.

Penina sighed heavily and Hozzie could see Penina and Dean were getting angry “Hey so uh, Sam, what was it that you chanted in Latin? What were you trying to do?”

“It was an exorcism.” Sam said “If she’d stayed in the room then the demon would have been expelled from that body. It would be better if she’d been stood in a devils trap, she wouldn’t have been able to leave.”

“And you know the whole exorcism off by heart?” Hozzie asked “That’s so cool. How’d you learn it?”

“Because he’s a big ol’ nerd, aren’t you Sammy?” Dean said, looking at Sam with a proud grin.

Sam rolled his eyes but he smiled too “But seriously, I’ve just had to say it so many times that I just kind of remembered it. Maybe I could teach you sometime?”

“Yeah, I’d like that.” Hozzie said.

“I don’t wanna learn about that stuff.” Penina said “I wanna know how to fight. Self-defence. Stuff like that.”

“That’s all well and good but you need to know the information side of it too.” Sam said “Especially the ways to kill different kinds of supernatural creatures. Certain techniques won’t work on certain types of monsters.”

“Yeah and there’s more to hunting than fighting-” Dean started.

“I don’t want to hunt.” Penina interrupted “I just wanna know self-defence. So me and Hozzie can go home and look after ourselves again.”

Dean sighed “Penina, there’s no chance of you going home now.”

“Why the hell not?”

“We already said, you’ll never be safe, even if you did learn ‘self-defence’-”

“What the hell do you care?” Penina yelled “You’re not our Dad! It’s none of your business what we do!”

“Hey, I’m your brother and-”

“That doesn’t mean shit to me!” Penina snapped “You don’t even know us.”

“You don’t know us!”

“No and we don’t want to!”

“Penina!” Hozzie cried “Just calm down, okay? We can talk about this when we get to wherever the hell we’re going.”

“But I don’t want-”

“Penina!” Hozzie yelled “Can we just leave it for now?”

Penina groaned and turned away from everyone else in the car to stare out of the window. Hozzie bit her lip and glanced at Penina but knew it was useless talking to her when she was upset. She hated arguments and didn’t like getting involved but Sam hadn’t said anything so she’d felt like she had to intervene. Penina folded her arms stubbornly and Hozzie sighed.



Eventually they pulled up outside a crummy looking motel “Is this our lives now?” Penina asked, raising her eye-brows “Yes I can see how we’re much better off here rather than-”

“Penina, please don’t.” Hozzie said.

They all got out of the car “I’m gonna go and check us all in.” Dean said “You three wait here.”

Penina groaned and looked at Sam “Is he always a jerk?”

Sam shuffled awkwardly “Well I, he, I guess-”

“Penina, that wasn’t all Dean’s fault.” Hozzie said, shaking her head “It takes two people to have an argument.”

Penina sighed “I know-”

“Dean isn’t as much as an asshole as he lets everyone think.” Sam said “He’s got a big heart. He loves family more than anything. So no, he doesn’t know that much about either of you, but he really does care.” Penina didn’t know what to say “You should talk to him. He’s been through so much, he really knows what you’re going through.”

“Yeah, right.” Penina said but she said it quietly “I don’t wanna argue with you guys. I just want things to go back to the way before.”

“Why?” Hozzie said “It sucked. The power kept going out, every night we were too scared to go to sleep until we were absolutely exhausted, we never had any money for food, we were late for school pretty much every day… We still have each other. Isn’t that what matters?”

“Yeah but now Dad’s missing and apparently demons, ghosts and fucking vampires are real.” Penina said “And we’ll move from motel to motel…”

But we’ll always have food and we have two big brothers to look out for us now.” Hozzie said “I think we’re pretty lucky.”

Dean walked back over with two motel keys. He gave one to Sam and kept the other one “Shall we go in then?” Dean said.

“Uh, you and Penina can. Me and Hozzie agreed to go and find the local bar.” Sam said.

“We did?” Hozzie asked.

“Is Hozzie even old enough to go in a bar?” Dean asked, raising an eye-brow.

“Bonding time Dean, bonding time.” Sam said, grabbing Hozzie’s hand and pulling her away “See you two later!”

Hozzie turned around and made eye contact with Penina, asking her silently if she wanted her to stay. Penina shrugged her shoulders so Hozzie turned back and let Sam drag her off to ‘find the local bar’.

There was an awkward silence for a moment before Dean said “So shall we go inside?”

“Can we talk about the argument we had?” Penina said without looking at him.

Dean sighed “I know you wanna go home with your sister, I-”

“I don’t know what I want anymore.” Penina said “Hozzie made some good points. What was so great about home?”

“It was familiar.” Dean said “No place like home, right? Not that I’d know anything about that.”

“Sam said you’d been through a lot of stuff.” Penina said “Why don’t we go inside and you can tell me about it?”

“I don’t know how much of it you really want to hear.” Dean said “But sure. Let’s get to know each other.”

The two smiled at each other shyly before grabbing their bags and heading into the motel room together to work things out.

“Is Penina always like that?” Sam asked as the two of them walked away from the motel.

“No.” Hozzie said “She’s rarely like that. She doesn’t like arguing either. But I guess she gets upset easily.”

“Dean’s the same I guess.” Sam said.

“Sam, where are we really going? We’re not really going to a bar are we? I hate drinking.”

“Don’t worry; we’re not going to a bar. I don’t really know where we’re going. I just figured we should give Dean and Penina some space.”

Hozzie nodded “Yeah, that seemed like the best idea.”

Sam sighed “I hope they work it out. I really want this to work.”

Hozzie was thoughtful for a moment “Yeah, me too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story