Categories > TV > Lost > Taken care of

Captured

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Kate and Juliet wake up on Hydra island and are surprised to find Ben and the Black Smoke monster working together.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kate - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-02-08 - 975 words

0Unrated


Kate woke to the smell of old musty wood and seawater. Opening her eyes she found Juliet lying on the floor next to her.

“Juliet? Are you ok?”

Juliet fought Kate at first, her eyes not focusing on any one thing. Kate grabbed for Juliet’s hands before she could take a hit to the face.

“Who are you! What do you want with me?”

Kate tried to help Juliet calm down. Trying once more, she was reassuring.

“Juliet it’s ok. It’s me. It’s Kate.”

Juliet stopped thrashing and focused on Kate, realization beginning to dawn over her face.

“Why are we locked up in the aquarium?”

Kate looked around and then rose to her feet. Finding the door about 20 feet in front of her, she tugged on the handle.

“They took Megan. We have to get her back and get the hell out of here.”

Juliet pushing herself into a sitting position let her head lull into her hands.

“That might be a little difficult Kate since we’re under water.”

Kate turned back towards Juliet and raised her eyebrows. Fear seized her gut.

“What do you mean we’re under water? This is where you held Jack. How come you’re in here with me?”

The two women stopped talking when the door behind Kate opened up. Juliet scooted towards the wall, away from the door.

“Ben, why did you lock me in here? Why did you bring us here? Where did you take Kate’s baby?”

Ben smirked and Juliet was sure it went all the way up to his eyes.

“Megan is special. Kate and Jack can’t provide her with all the things she needs. I brought you here because you belong to me. You’re mine. I’ve told you that before and I’ll say it again.”

Juliet thought that Ben would’ve left her alone so that she could be happy with James.

“I’m not yours Ben. Please let us go. Give Kate her daughter back. I have a family now. Why are we so important?”

The smirk stayed on Ben’s face. He didn’t pull any punches.

“All in good time Juliet. We’ll move the two of you to more comfortable quarters soon. You have my word.”

Juliet eyed Ben and shook her head. She knew his word didn’t carry much weight. Kate’s eyes grew wide with surprise when she saw the entity wearing the face of Christian
Shephard.

“Are you responsible for taking us? Did you take Megan?”

A smirk made its way across Christian’s face.

“Ben’s right Kate. Megan is special. Do you have any idea what kind of life we could give her here? Her talents need to be nurtured. Honestly, I just don’t think that you and Jack have what it takes to raise her.”

Darkening eyes stared back at Christian. Kate wouldn’t give up her baby without a fight. She’d die first.

“You don’t think Jack and I have what it takes to raise her? I’m sorry did I miss the part where I gave up my rights as a mother? Did you give birth to her? No! You didn’t! You didn’t spend 72 agonizingly long hours in labor with her only to have her cut out of your belly. Your heart didn’t give out leaving you with only a few seconds to see your daughter. You didn’t wake up in the jungle a week later not knowing what happened. I have taken care of her since that time. Comforted her after every nightmare, held her when she just wanted her mother’s touch, rocked her to sleep, been with her for every meal. So you have no right to tell me I don’t have what it takes to raise Megan.”

This elicited a dry and almost humorless laugh from Christian.

“Far from it my dear. Jack raised her for a week by himself and even he hasn’t done that great of a job. Remember waking up in the jungle a week after Megan was born and you saw me? You had raw rope burns on your wrists? I was the one who dragged you out there. I was the one that tied you up and left you under that tree. But Jacob was the one who dug you out of your shallow grave and gave you the breath of life.”

Kate grew worried. Juliet would become weak and die without her serum. She needed two things: the serum and Jack.

“Please just let us go. Where’s my daughter? I want to see her. Juliet can’t go without her injections and she needs Jack.”

Christian let out another dry laugh.

“Jack is a spinal surgeon. He’s not an OBGYN. He hasn’t delivered a baby in years. He doesn’t have what it takes to make sure everything goes smoothly with the delivery.”

Kate hurt for Jack. He’d told her how his father had been to him his entire life, and now she understood. She turned when she heard Juliet give a slight grunt as she pushed herself up against the wall behind her.

“I have no problem with Jack’s ability to help me out. He’s been right about everything so far. There’s no other doctor on this island I can trust more than him. He’s essentially saved my life more than once. I can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.”

Kate felt something electric shock her and she found herself writhing in pain on the floor. She heard a muffled scream and then saw someone put a cloth over Juliet’s nose and mouth. Another went over her own and darkness greeted her with open arms.



To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story