Categories > TV > Lost > Taken care of

Reunions

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Jack and Sawyer are in a stand-off with the others. Meanwhile Kate and Juliet take refuge behind an overturned picnic table. In an attempt to prevent Juliet from escaping, Ben shoots her in the sho...

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Sawyer - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2016-02-08 - 1380 words

0Unrated
“Come on doc let’s go. The coast is clear.”

Jack knew that any one of these people could just as well snap his neck, he knew the risks when confronting them. Getting Kate and Megan back was very important. Sawyer was already way ahead of Jack ready to storm down any door to the barracks compound he felt like.

“Sawyer wait! We don’t know where they are holding Juliet and Kate, let alone Megan.”

But Sawyer had completely ignored Jack’s pleas to wait for him. He was insistent on finding Juliet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having been held captive in the house for a week Kate and Juliet were under armed guard 24/7. They weren’t allowed to leave the house. Plenty of food was provided for them and the utensils in which to cook with. As of late the only thing Juliet seemed to be able to stomach was oatmeal. Kate had just finished cooking some on the stove when she heard a loud thud come from the back of the house. Worry seizing her gut she hurried to the back of the house and into the bedroom Juliet occupied. Opening the door she found Juliet sprawled on the floor next to the bed, attempting to sit up.

“Juliet, oh my god. What happened?”

Blinking Juliet looked around the room and saw that her water glass was in pieces on the wooden floor beneath her.

“I was trying to reach for my glass of water and I fell off the bed.”

Shutting the door when she heard loud footsteps, Kate reached for the gun she had hidden behind the dresser. Sitting down in front of Juliet she aimed for the door. Shaking on the inside she heard voices ascending up the hallway in her direction. It sounded a lot like Jack and Sawyer.

“I heard something in here doc. On three we break down the door.”

Juliet grabbed for Kate’s elbow and squeezed it. Sawyer kicked the door in only to realize that Kate and Juliet were behind it. Giving her best smile despite not having much energy, Juliet gave her thanks.

“About time you boys showed up. I was starting to get worried.”

Sawyer smirked and went straight towards her. Kate gave Jack a watery smile when she could see a familiar bundle cradled in his arms. Tucking her handgun into the back of her pants she pulled herself to her feet and walked over to Jack.

“Where did you find her Jack?”

Jack gave a heavy sigh and handed Megan to Kate.

“I found her in the infirmary. She was connected to several machines, and one woman was taking a blood sample from her. I knocked her out before she could give her this.”

Procuring a small vial with green liquid in it, Kate’s eyes widened. Fear encroached her entire body.

“What is that?”

Jack put a hand up to his forehead and grazed his index and middle finger across it.

“I don’t know. The only way to find out what’s in this is the run some tests on it back at the medical station.”

Kate frantically began looking for anything that might be out of place. Any sign that something was wrong with Megan. Jack continued his thought.

“Other than the cotton ball on her left foot, she doesn’t have anything on her.”

Smiling through her tears Kate kissed Megan’s soft hair and held her close. Jack then turned his attention to Juliet who was in Sawyer’s arms.

“Kate how long has she been like this?”

Rocking Megan, Kate knelt down next to Juliet.

“A week Jack. She hasn’t been able to keep anything down but plain oatmeal. Whatever drugs they gave her haven’t made it out of her system yet. She’s been having random muscle spasms. She needs those injections Jack.”

Nodding Jack tried to give Juliet a reassuring nod. But concern filled his entire face.

“Ok, let’s get you back to the beach. Can you stand?”

Juliet hoisted herself up with the help of Sawyer.

“Easy does it there blondie. You’ve got precious cargo in there to protect.”

A small smile came to Juliet’s face as she moved forward, Sawyer’s arm under her shoulders for support.

“I promise I won’t break James. You still got my back right?”

Sawyer smiled and then gave a smirk.

“Absolutely gorgeous.”

Alarms were now blaring outside the house. The group picked up speed as the exited the house around back. Several voices told them to stop where they were when they got a little past the swing set.

“Don’t move! Another inch and I’ll shoot them!”

Both Jack and Sawyer tensed and froze where they were at. Kate shut her eyes and held a crying Megan closer to her. Sawyer was the first to turn around, his gun aimed at whom had spoken behind him.

“Uh uh Benny-boy. Juliet’s not going anywhere with you.”

He was ready to defend and die for Juliet if necessary. If only to protect her. Jack blocked Megan and Kate from Ben.

“I was hoping this wouldn’t become necessary but you give me no choice. Grab Juliet and Kate. Take Megan back to the infirmary and start that test I asked for. Then kill Ford and Shephard.”

Jack and Sawyer nodded at each other, each pointing their guns at the small group of men in front of them. Two against fifteen weren’t good odds. Two of the fifteen were shot in the leg while Juliet and Kate shielded themselves with an overturned picnic table not far from the swing set. Juliet felt sick to her stomach. Blowing out a breath Juliet tried to compose herself. Kate shielded Megan when she heard the crack and splintering of wood. Letting out a cry, Juliet stared at her hands, blood was beginning to soak them. Startled Kate eyed Juliet through Megan’s blanket. Eyes round and big with uncertainty and fear she heard Sawyer scream out to Juliet.

“Juliet!?”

A few minutes passed before there was dead silence. Curling fear seized Kate’s entire body, but she dared not look out from behind the overturned picnic table. It wasn’t until Jack appeared by her side that she looked up. Sawyer held Juliet in his arms as Jack examined the damage caused by the bullet.

“The bullet went all the way through your shoulder. It didn’t hit any major arteries and the bleeding isn’t too bad. I’ll have to sew this up before it gets infected.”

Juliet steeled herself and Kate looked away, busying herself with comforting Megan. Biting her lip, Juliet held in a muffled cry and kept her eyes on Sawyer. About halfway through though, Juliet wrapped her right hand around Jack’s wrist and blew out a breath. Stopping for the briefest of moments Jack eyed her carefully.

“You’re doing fine Juliet. Just four more loops with this thread and you’ll be as good as new.”

Shaking her head, she tightened her grip around Jack’s wrist and ducked her head.

“It’s not the bullet wound. Contractions. Could be from getting shot or from falling down. But my guess would be from getting shot.”

Quickly and gently as he could closing the hole in Juliet’s shoulder, he tilted her chin up and looked straight into her eyes.

“It could be Braxton and Hicks, but I want to get you back to the medical station and onto some monitors.”

Juliet knew the risks. She knew the risk she was taking being on this island. But her serum had worked. All she needed was to get more of it and she would be as right as rain again. Provided they got to the medical station without any more problems. Her nose flared as her mind went straight to Ben. This was all his fault. If he hadn’t kidnapped her and brought her back to the barracks she wouldn’t be in the condition she was in now, practically in labor with a bullet hole through her left shoulder.

“Once I’m on my feet again, I’ll help you analyze what’s in the vial.”

To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story