Categories > TV > Lost > Taken care of

Sealed in

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Juliet gives birth to Cara and she worries that they'll never leave the island.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack,Kate,Sawyer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-02-08 - 1080 words

0Unrated
“Jack I swear if you tell me to keep pushing one more time…”

Fear was gripping Juliet and even though the pain was less intense, it was still present. She’d done exactly as Jack had instructed. For the last 8 hours. Her energy had been waning since that time. She just wanted whomever was first to come out. Whether it be Andrew or Cara she didn’t care anymore. She only wanted them out of her.

“Keep going Juliet. I know you’re tired, but you’re doing just fine. Give me another push.”

Annoyance crept over her tired face. Nodding Juliet ducked her head and pressed her chin against her chest. Keeping his eyes on Juliet Jack projected his voice toward Kate who had just put Megan down in the crib in the corner of the room. She could sleep through anything.

“Kate come here. I want you to hold Juliet’s leg as far back as you can get it towards her chest.”

Fixing the blankets over Megan she froze for a split second and turned to Jack wide eyed.

“Wait. You want me to do what now?”

Keeping his focus on Juliet he kept his frustration toned down and nodded towards Kate.

“Just follow exactly what Sawyer’s doing. Nothing to it. You said you wanted to help. Here’s your chance Kate.”

Swallowing her deep-seated fear Kate stepped forward and copied exactly what Sawyer was doing.

“Hey Juliet. I know you’re feeling frustrated and very scared right now, but do you remember what you told me the night I gave birth to Megan? Remember how scared I was? You did so much for Megan and I. Those first few months you were such a great help to me. Without those injections of your serum, I wouldn’t be here and neither would Megan. You are doing so well. Cara and Andrew are going to be healthy and beautiful babies.”

Letting out a groan Juliet kept going. Maybe she was getting closer. Jack’s head popped up from behind the sheet and a grin appeared.

“I can see the head Juliet. One more push and the head will be out. Come on. Almost there. Ok the hard part’s over now.”

Giving a cry rather than a scream Juliet used her strength to push her first baby out. Jack let out a small laugh and his hands emerged from between her knees with a baby in tow.

“Congratulations Juliet, from the looks of it you have a healthy little girl. Judging by her weight she has to be at least 9 pounds. Sawyer would you like to do the honors?”

Nervously stepping forward Sawyer took the scissors from Jack and cut the cord. He smiled. He was already in love with his daughter. Sawyer thought he could see a hint of a smirk at the left corner of her lip. Cara definitely had his nose, but the rest was all Juliet. Kissing Juliet’s sweaty forehead he watched as Cara’s tiny hands wiggled against her mother’s skin.

“She’s probably got her mama’s eyes, but she already has daddy’s smirk.”

Kate sat in awe. She remembered when Jack put Megan in her arms for the first time. There was no word to describe what she’d been feeling at the time. But now she had it pegged down to pure euphoria. Inwardly she laughed. She’d never seen the softer side to Sawyer before. Especially around children. Now that he had a family of his own, he’d have to learn patience and quickly. Sawyer chanced a peek behind the sheet covering Juliet and his face immediately paled. Stealing a glance at Sawyer and seeing his reaction Jack gave him a smirk.

“Maybe its best if you stayed behind the sheet Sawyer. There’s a lot of stuff going on, on this side of the sheet right now.”

Sawyer brushed Jack’s comment off with one of his own.

“I was just curious doc. Is Andy coming yet?”

Shaking his head Jack continued what he was doing.

“Not for a while Sawyer. Juliet’s back down to six centimeters.”

Sighing Juliet watched as Cara squinted at her. She knew the infant wouldn’t be able to see clearly for some time. Shifting uncomfortably Juliet stared at Jack. He’d just removed the last of the afterbirth.

“You didn’t feel that did you?”

Shaking her head Juliet turned her attention back to Cara who was cooing happily.

“No. I just feel the pressure. It doesn’t hurt.”

Cara let out an angry cry.

“Here let me warm her up and give her a bath. I promise I’ll give her right back.”

Juliet nodded through her tears. One down. One to go. As Jack took Cara from Juliet’s arms, she gave a light kiss to the girl’s forehead. Watching as Jack gave her daughter a bath, Juliet kept smiling. Cara kept screaming as Jack ran warm water over her. She could hear Jack speaking to her over her wailing, trying to keep her calm. But it didn’t seem to be working.

“It’s ok Cara. I know the water may seem like its cold, compared to the place you just came from. But you’ll get used to it. There we go. All clean. Let’s get you into a blanket and back to your mom.”

Before making his way back to Juliet, Jack made a stop by the scale and weighed Cara.

“She’s 9 pounds and 4 ounces. Healthy size for a girl.”

Juliet let more tears flow. She was happy, but at the same time sad. Her mind wandered to the other baby still inside of her slowly making his way into the world.

“I hoped I would’ve been off this damned island by now. Why am I still here?”

Jack wished he could answer that question for her. In the back of his mind he hoped that Desmond would be back with help soon. Preferably before his other two children came about.

“Desmond promised he’d be back for us. But it might take a long time. Now I want you to relax and take a rest before your next contraction. You should try to nurse Cara. She’s probably getting hungry by now.”

The squirming baby in Juliet’s arms let out a discontent cry. This was going to be another long night.

To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story