Categories > TV > Lost > Taken care of

An escape plan

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Sawyer goes after Juliet in an attempt to help her and the other's escape the Dharma barracks.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack,Kate,Sawyer - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2016-02-08 - 1038 words

0Unrated
“When I get my hands on that bug-eyed creep…”

Sawyer didn’t finish his sentence. What does it matter? I’m the one who decided to go tromping off into the jungle alone to save Juliet and my kids. Kids. The word stuck to him like glue. All he wanted to do was to get back to his family. Family. There was another word he’d previously been uncomfortable about. He knew he couldn’t live without Juliet, and his kids, they’d wormed their way into his heart the moment they entered the world almost a week ago. Armed with a machete in his left hand and a gun tucked into his pants he sliced through the vines and underbrush in his path. When he finally got beyond it, he found himself standing at the sonic fence. Smiling to himself he chuckled.

“Good thing you gave me the pass-code blondie, or I’d never get through this thing.”

Juliet had given Sawyer the code one day in case anything like this were to happen. She’d said to him: Ben never thinks of changing things, the code has been the same since I got here. His mind was racing as he put in the code and turned the fence off. It kept going to all the worst things imaginable that could happen. Even when they got back to the mainland no one would believe anything that happened to him anyways. Once on the other side he turned the fence back on. He’d be safe from the Smoke monster now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“One step at a time Juliet. You don’t have to rush you know.”

Frustrated, annoyed and something else she couldn’t quite peg down at the moment Juliet gave a sigh and glared at Jack.

“I can walk across a room by myself Jack. It’s just going to take me some more time. Now I know how annoying I used to sound to the women I told that very same thing to back on the mainland. When I lived in Miami. They all looked at me like I had three heads.”

Jack gave a slight nervous chuckle and waited for a heavy object to be thrown at him. When nothing came at him, he smiled.

“Guess you’re not one to throw heavy objects when you get mad or frustrated huh?”

Shaking her head no she grabbed for one of the pillows on her bed and chucked it towards him.

“No but you’ve gained a pillow.”

Ducking Jack let it hit the wall with a thud.

“What’s that for?”

Juliet rolled her eyes and continued her trek to the bedroom door.

“That was for being annoying. Can you arrange for Cara and Andrew to be with me? I don’t want to go back and forth to the infirmary every few hours.”

Jack knew he had to do this for Juliet. He had to keep the twins away from his ‘father’. Kate was in the room just down the hall spending some time with Megan. Once he was finished here he’d go and spend some time with his two girls.

“I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime, I think you’ve done enough walking for today. Get some rest.”

Reluctantly Juliet followed Jack’s orders as her doctor and not a friend.

“Alright Jack, you got it. Please bring my babies back.”

Jack nodded and would do his best. As he reached for the door knob he noticed Juliet wince and stand completely still.

“Something else hurt?”

Biting her lip she nodded.

“Yes. My sutures. I think they are infected.”

Seriously taking note of the situation, Jack turned the door knob but didn’t open the door just yet.

“Ok, let me go back to the infirmary and get some supplies. I’ll see if I can make a deal with Ben to bring Cara and Andrew to you and have them stay with you on a permanent basis. We’re getting out of here the first chance we get. I’m not letting my ‘father’ give any of these children that green substance. We don’t know what’s in it and what the side effects are. Could be any number of things. But I’m not about to let it run through any of their systems. Especially Andrew and Megan.”

Growing worried Juliet wrapped a hand around Jack’s wrist and her eyes grew wide with fear.

“What’s wrong Jack? Did you find something? What is it?”

She knew as a doctor herself all the onslaught of questions that would come about if a child were to suddenly fall ill.

“I’ll continue to monitor him. He may develop a respiratory issue. Andrew was stuck for several minutes. I cleared his nose and mouth but on the Apgar scale he was a 5. His heart is healthy and strong, everything else is within the normal range. I’ll let you know if anything comes up Juliet. I promise. Need any help getting back into bed?”

Shooting a glare at him she reached for another pillow.

“I’ll be fine Jack. Please just bring me my children.”

Jack nodded and opened up the door. He came face to face with one of Ben’s men and Sawyer held at gunpoint. He stared past Jack and to Juliet who was gripping the bedpost.

“You alright blondie? Where’s Andy and Cara?”

Juliet stood her ground and shifted on her feet a little. Ben entered the room as if the house were his own. He’d moved Juliet to her old house so she’d be more comfortable.

“Jenkins, keep Ford locked up here and under armed guard. Bring Juliet and Jack to the infirmary. Jack I want you to administer the compound to Juliet. If you don’t Kate will die.”

Jack nearly sneered at Ben. Who the hell did he think he was anyways?

“Uh uh. Not until I know what’s in it. You tell me what’s in it and we’ll negotiate.”

Ben let out a humorless chuckle and held his head high.

“I think I like the new you Jack.”

To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story