Categories > Movies > Newsies > Everyone Sees it Diffrently

Chapter II (Dutchy)

by Cards 1 review

Dutchy hangs out after school

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Dutchy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-06-17 - Updated: 2005-06-18 - 1016 words

0Unrated
I really see no point to school. I mean the academic parts. I get why we have after school activities, they mean sanity. Drama stresses everyone out but I mean its great fun. I get to sing dance and flirt with anyone I want in the Drama program. I also have to deal with Cards going wacko on me about lazy ass actors, and politely remind her I am said lazy ass actor.

But I love the tension, every one works so hard, it doesn't matter who you normally hang with because everyone needs to know choreography so people who never talk to me are asking me between classes if a hand movement goes one way or the other. Drama kids are very serious. Serious about Drama. Not much else. Though some techies are obsessed. Like Mary. She's on set crew, Many that is the largest gathering of Catholics and strict Christians out side of church. I don't know why set crew attracts them. Any way set crew keeps to them selves.

"Hello fantabulious drama world!" I burst into the auditorium.

"Dutchy, it's a tech day." Wow some one is a bit testy wonder if she's PMSing...

"Cards are you permanently PMSing?" I really have got to start thinking before I speak.

"Dutchy, I am assigning you to Light booth helper." She's mean! And I totally didn't deserve it. All I did was ask a simple question.

"But I don't know what Dungeons and Dragons is!" The Light crew is insistent that they do not play dungeons and dragons. But at the same time why else would they carry dice with them? I should know by now that neither puppy dog eyes nor whimpering gets any where with Cards. Nor does logic reason or a court order... Maybe if I whine. Ohh I don't have to be here I- Missed the bus...


"Get your sorry ass up here!" Man why does that guy hate me? Owwie. Remember door... They locked me out! Ohhh maybe now I can go into the band room and glue the oboe reeds together again! That was fun.

Danm door says push on it why is it a pull door? Oh yeah. I did that last year to confuse lighting crew. God one of those couples is making out again. I don't like it, makes me feel weird. Like a voyeur and I don't like it. Ohh boys basketball practice. I do not like this. Okay run upstairs past wrestling room at break neck speed do not look in do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.

"You took forever." Charlie says. "Anyway I don't think we need you anymore."

"Murphy!" The director yells "Is Dutchy up there?"

"What do you want Candy?" I sneak down into the lower window of the lighting booth and stick my head out. Looking down onto the stage, the crew working furiously to figure out the issues that are popping up. Things like the fact that we're supposed to have this all together in a month.

"There's an old detergent container up there, bring it down I want to see if it works for Angel's pickle tub."

"My head's stuck." Wow am I clever...

"Cards come up here and get your boyfriends head out of our window." Cards looks up at me, exasperated. She's working now. I feel almost bad for my stupidity. She's stressed out right now. I can see it in her eyes. She leaves Mary and Preacher for the moment, hoping to god that they don't mess up while she takes a break to rescue her friend.

"He is not my boyfriend." Oh I know the next bit! He is too dense/ brainless/ funny/ young/ old/ blond/ be speckled ect. To be my boy friend. "He's too silly to be my boyfriend." Aww she knows she wants to get me in a room and rip off all my clothes and shag me senseless.

I wait, looking around trying to tug my head out on my own and redeem my self. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I bite my lip as Cards tramps up the stairs. She turns to Charlie.

"Why couldn't you pull him out!" She snaps.

"Programming cues!" He says pointing to the light board. "Take better care of your actors!"

"Okay Dutchy I'm gunna pull you put try and angel your head so you can get out."

"Cards you are a life saver, I am forever in your debt." My job between the two of us is to entertain. Not in a Dance monkey dance way. But Cards is always so stressed out she needs me to be happy for the both of us.

"Aww Dutchy you're making me blush." Its working too. I can see her smiling, even though she turns her head to try and hide her happyness.

"No I'm not, I could though."

"Perv." She says it nicely though, wow I think she's in a good mood!

"I know you are but what am- Owwww!" That hurt, the pulling was not gentle. Nor was it kind. But I'm not stuck.

Charlie glares at us. "Don't you have work to do Cards?" He asks icily.

"Shove it" She mutters.

We walk down playing on the plastic pickle tub. That couple are still at it. Wow, stamina. The guy is really hot. Cards stops and interrupts them to talk to Hotshot about being in the pit orchestra or organizing one. I take the moment where they talk to look hotshot over closer. She's not ugly. In fact she's pretty, even if its in a different way then most people look at. I turn and realize that her boyfriend is playing Mark. He's gorgeous. Absolutely perfect No I did not think that. His lips are swollen and his hair is ruffled and the girls are talking. Okay that's it. I'm asking Cards out.

Disclaimer: All belong to rightful owners
Sign up to rate and review this story