Categories > Movies > Newsies > Everyone Sees it Diffrently

Chapter I (Snitch)

by Cards 0 reviews

Snitch helps out in Drama shortly after Dutchy's problem in the booth.

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Snitch - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-06-17 - Updated: 2005-06-18 - 840 words

0Unrated
Okay I can do this. Really I can. I can go into the band hall way. I do this every morning. But if Lute's there I'll trip over my feet again and land on Sam, and that is just embarrassing. And I don't really have to practice. Our band has rehearsal tomorrow. I can just wait.

"Snitch, What's up?" Lute smiles at me.

"Uhhh." I grab my base and hightail it into the auditorium to talk to Candy about working in the pit crew. She said something to Klepto Confessions a while ago, I think. Anyway, I need a reason to explain to my mirror tonight as to why I didn't talk to her yet again.

"Ahh Danny!" Candy seems in a good mood. Lute said last year she could be a real bitch. "Danny how are you? Is that your instrument?"

"Yes." She talks a lot. I look around and see a hassled Cards attempty to dislodge Dutchy's head from the booth and I wonder for a second if thats what has put Candy in such a good mood. I don't want to ask. I'm a bass player, we're supposed to be quiet. I'm in an Emo band. Even though my mother makes me wear dumb clothes I really am Emo! No matter what everyone else says.

"I was wondering if you could play for the performances!" She asked me "Or better yet if you could start playing for rehearsals!"

"Sure Candy." I nod as she starts to tell me about the music and story.

"Her name's Mrs. Padula." Mary says, putting a hand on her hip. She doesn't like me because my dad's gay. Confusing story actually.

My dad and mom never were married. They got really drunk and I was conceived. My dad still lives with us. His partner does too. His partner's great he's my other dad. I love them both a lot and my mom thinks of them her brother's. They adopted this little girl from Russia, named Anastasia and they have a civil union. My mom isn't dating anyone though. We moved from California to Vermont in order for them to have the civil union two years ago.

Mary saw me first day of freshmen year. My mom made me wear these ugly khakis and a preppy shirt. Mary saw that and assumed I was like her, a uptight bitch. Correction, uptight catholic bitch. I'm Christian but not like her. She found out that A) My dad was gay B) I was a bastard and C) my mother wasn't married. Apparently I embody sin to her.

"Nonsense. That makes me sound ancient!" Candy said putting a hand to her forehead. I would smile but I hate my teeth. They're all big and buck like. I want braces but my mother is way into things like natural cures. We've been Reiking my teeth for about three years. It hasn't worked to well.

"So Danny, I'm gunna have you work with Mickal on Angel's parts." I nod meekly, hardly having the audacity to say a word of affermation. I'm shy I admit it.

Most people wouldn't think so, my dads taught me to stand up for my self and they are so not shy. My biological father is an artist and his partner, James, is a gay rights activist, he tours around Vermont giving speeches, he isn't used to this kind of hostility. We used to live in San Francisco to give you an idea. My mother is a Lawyer and she's very upfront, most people are afraid of her. And would rather die then face her in court. She complains about wasting away in Vermont but she likes living where we live.

But with those three people and my little sister who won't shut up, we have me. A bass player who couldn't even say "Present" When I was in kindergarten.

Mush, or as Candy seems to insist on calling everyone by their given names Mikal. Has a really good voice and infectious smile. Shortie has it bad for him, but the twit is blind. Shortie, who isn't called hangs around because Mush is. Mush by all laws of nature and man should be gay, he was actually excited to be playing the drag queen in the play. Not because of the dresses he had said beaming to the music hall but because of the beauty of the romance and love between the characters of Angel and Collins. There is one obvious reason the boy got the part. He's so freaking happy.

He's also unbelievably patient as I have to tighten the strings, I should learn not to change strings on a weekday. Sundays are best because I can play all day to ght them stretched. The door opens, but Mush and me are too busy working on "I'll Cover You" to notice.

"Ahh Lute, glad you could make it. I heard you were interested in playing the drums." Candy smiled at her.

Oh no. I am so doomed.

Disclaimer: All own their respective charachters.
Sign up to rate and review this story