Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > all for the family

5

by ahava 1 review

chapter 5

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-21 - 981 words

0Unrated
~Sophie's POV~
I walked into the playroom to call the kids for supper, but when I saw them I couldn't help but smile. They were all asleep. Zeke and Tayala on Benji and Sim on Joel. The older twins slept too, their heads leaning on each other's. I've never met two siblings as close as Benji and Joel were. It was good that Benji had his brother to lean on (no pun intended), especially now.
I bit my lip and ran into the kitchen only to come back with my camera. I snapped a picture and stared at it on the tiny digital screen of the camera. This made the perfect holiday card, I decided. Then I remembered that by next Christmas, we might not be a family anymore. The thought brought tears to my eyes as I stared at Benji in the picture, then up at the real thing. He was so beautiful, the most handsome man I've ever met. His eyes, being one of my favorite of his features, always took my breath away. They were the most beautiful brown with the tiniest flecks of green. I never saw a single tear in his warm eyes, only pure happiness. He was always so happy, so what happened? He made no sense. But Benji never made sense. He did what had to be done, if he wanted to or not, and he did it Benji-style. And that's what I loved about him so much. And it's the only thing about him that didn't change when the rest of him did. But he was back, my Benji was back. The man I married, he was back. But was he? Or was he just 'doing what had to be done'?
"Soph?"
I looked up to see that Joel was now awake. I smiled weakly and wiped away the stray tears running down my cheeks. He gently lay Sim against Tayala and came over, pulling me into a reassuring hug.
"Sophie, you can't do this to him." He said. "He's back, I promise. He just needed to hit the bottom and realize what he'd become. Sophie, he'd die on the inside." I just shrugged and lay my head in his shoulder. He pulled away and looked at me. "Unless... you really want this?"
"I don't know Joel." I sniffled. "I don't. I love him so much. But I'm so scared that it's an act, that he's being the suck up he is. That once I close the claim, he'll go back to the way he was. I just... I can't live like that anymore. I don't have it in me. I'm sick Joel, I'm sick."
"So maybe you just need a break." He reasoned. "You need to take a break, get better..."
"Momma, I want supper." Zeke whined tugging on my shirt.
"I dunno Joel," I sighed picking up the baby and bringing him to the kitchen, Joel following. I seriously have to think. I can't be a push over anymore, I can't. I need to stand up for myself, for life and live the way I want to." I sat Zeke down in his baby seat with a bowl of soup. "I've never been given the chance to do what I want. I was nineteen when Benj and I got married. And when Tayala was born I gave up all my plans and stayed at home just so that Benji could live his dream and be with the band. I just... I want a little appreciation, you know? I want respect. I gave up my life for him and I want him to acknowledge that and appreciate it. I deserve to be treated like a queen for all I do for him. I just... I want a thank you! I want an 'I love you'! Anything to show me he's thankful."
"Sophie, did you decide to end it before you even talked to him?" Joel frowned.
"No." I mumbled making plates for Sim and Tayala who had come into the kitchen whining that they were hungry. "I confronted him more then once that what he was doing was wrong, but he was just being an asshole."
"But you never told him how much it hurt you!" Joel said in frustration. "You never told him what you wanted. Sophie, that is so beyond unfair! You didn't give him a chance. If he doesn't know, how is he supposed to make you happy?"
"Joel, I don't need you fighting my battles for me." Benji said quietly coming in. "I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself."
"Then do it." Joel said firmly. "Now. Go up to your room and talk. I'm not letting any of this happen until you two have talked about what you want and see if you can compromise. Cuz that's what a marriage is. And I really need you guys to settle this, cuz if your marriage can't last, there's no chance for anyone else." I looked at the upset Joel and chewed on my lip. "Ill watch the kids." He said. I turned and headed upstairs to the bedroom. Benji followed and stood in the doorway.
"I hear what you told Joel." He whispered.
"Oh" I said softly.
"You know, if you just told me, we wouldn't be here now."
"Yes, we would. You don't want to do any of those things. You want to live your own life and show us off when it suits you."
"That's not true Sophie. Honestly, tell me what you want, and I'll give it to you. I'll give you everything; just tell me what it is."
"I want you to do what I did for you." I whispered, being unable to use my voice, barely believing what I was gonna say next: "Quit the band."

*ok.... now i know you ppl are reading this! so review! i wanna know what you guys think!
Sign up to rate and review this story