Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 25 Missing

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Please r& r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-22 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 1563 words

0Unrated
Annapolis

Benji p.o.v

'Did she call?' I ask rushing in to the living room of our apartment.
'Nah dude she hasn't called yet' Joel replies looking at me intently.
It was 9:00 am, Reign was supposed to have arrived hours ago. I'd driven to the bus station twice, but she hadn't been on any of the buses.
'Did you call Kelly's number again?' I ask Joel.
'Yes Benji I've called it a thousand times, and I'll keep calling like I told you I would' he says.
I started pacing the room, something bad had happened I knew it; every bone in my body was telling me something wasn't right.
'Benj stop pacing and calm down okay' Billy says 'She probably stayed over an extra night or something, maybe the bus broke down. Just stop freaking out coz it's freaking me out.'
'Sorry Billy' I apologises 'I can't help it, I'm really worried.'
'I'm sure she's fine Benj' Lisa says comfortingly.
I walk into the hallway and call my mom she said she hadn't heard from Reign either. She said she'd let me know if she did.
We waited all afternoon to hear from Reign, by 2:00pm we were all starting to get worried.
'We have to leave in 30mins to catch the plane to LA' Joel says looking at the clock on the wall.
'There's no way in hell I'm leaving without knowing Reign is okay.' I reply
'Benji we have to go' Billy says looking anxiously at the others. I knew he was right this is the moment we had been working for.
'Look I'll stay here with Kara and the second she calls or comes home we'll call you in LA.' Lisa offers.
'Are you sure?' I ask putting my hand on her shoulder.
'Absolutely' she says smiling. I left her Joel and Billy's new cell phone numbers and the number of the hotel we were staying at.
With a heavy heart I left for LA with the others. We'd worked our arses off for this moment and I couldn't even get excited about it.
We boarded the plane and I stared out the window wondering where my baby was.

New Jersey

Gerard's p.o.v

I rode to the hospital with the girl, I found out her name from her drivers licence and that she lived in Waldorf.
Mikey and Frankie met me in the hospital waiting room; they had wheeled Reign straight into surgery.
'You okay?' Frankie asks sliding into the seat next to me.
'No I feel like shit' I admit.
No one said anything for a while until Mikey broke the silence
'I grabbed her stuff, maybe we should look through it.' he suggests.
'Why?' Frankie asks.
'Because she might have a phonebook or something inside so we can call her family' he explains.
'That's a good idea' I say pulling the bag towards me.
I opened the bag and rifled through it, I found her purse, there was a picture of her and I guess it was her boyfriend all dressed up. I guessed it was their prom night or something.
I rummaged through the purse and I found a piece of paper with two numbers on it.
'I found something' I exclaim waving the piece of paper around.
'I'll call them if you want' Frankie offers standing up
'Na its okay I have to do it. But I'm gonna wait till we hear from the doctors, that way we can give them proper news.'
I don't remember falling asleep, but I was woken by a doctor shaking me.
'What time is it?' I inquire.
'Its 12:30pm' the doctor replies she had a kind face, but it was masked with concern.
'How is she?' I asked standing up
'She's stable. None of the damage done to her is permanent so she will recover. She's broken her ankle, fractured her wrist and has severely bruised her hip and ribs. She has bruising on most of her body, which should heal in a couple of weeks. She had a small deep cut on her forehead, which we managed to stitch. She had to undergo a splenectomy, which means we had to remove her spleen as it ruptured under the impact of the car. Other then that she should make a full recovery in a couple of months.' The Dr. explains rapidly.
I stood there taking it all in but not really understanding.
'Am I aloud to see her?' I ask when the doctor finished.
'Certainly, don't you want to bring your friends' she says smiling and motioning to Frankie and Mikey.
'No it's okay let them sleep' I say following her.
'I'll leave you to it, before you go in I must warn you she looks worse then she really is.' And with that she leaves.
I walked into the dimly lit room and zone on the girl. Reign. She was hooked up to an oxygen machine and a drip. I walk around and sit on the chair by her bed. Her leg was in a cast, as was her wrist, which lay limply at her side. There was a bandage around her forehead and she looked swollen and bruised.
I tried but couldn't control it anymore I put my head in my hands and burst into tears. This whole thing was my fault, if I had been drinking none of this would've happened.
I thought about her family and a fresh wave of tears flooded my face, how was I supposed to tell them that because of me their kid was lying unconscious in a hospital bed.
I wiped my eyes with the back of my sleeve. I watched her breathing with the aid of the machine. She looked like a little porcelain doll, her drivers licence said she was 19, but she looked much younger lying in front of me so fragile and vulnerable.
I edge my chair closer to the bed and take her hand.
'I'm so sorry about everything, I'm not even sure if you can hear me. I promise that I'll make this up to you somehow. I don't know if your even aware of this in your current state but you saved my life. I'm not even sure if my life is worth saving.' I say honestly.
Just then Frankie and Mikey walked through the door.
'We just spoke to the doctor, it looks like she'd gonna pull through' Frankie says putting his hand comfortingly on my shoulder.
'I just called Ray and Bob and they're on their way here' Mikey informs me pulling up a chair on the other side of the bed.
'I know what you're thing Gerard and it's not your fau...'
'Yes it is, it is my fault. If I hadn't been so wasted I would've seen the car coming and she wouldn't be lying here now.' I say getting angry. I know Mikey was just trying to comfort me but I didn't want to be comforted.
I looked at the time it was 2:45pm. How time flew when shitty things happen?
'I'm gonna go call these numbers I'll be back in a moment.'
I walked through the hospital looking for a phone. I found one just by the elevators, the closer I got to it the sicker I felt. What the hell was I suppose to say?
I put some money in the slot and dialled the first number listened to it ringing for a while before someone answered.

Annapolis
Kara's p.o.v

Lisa had just left to take Ca$hdogg for a walk. I didn't know what the big deal was, so what Reign was a couple of hours late home big fat fucking deal. God I hated her, everyone loved her she was so perfect. Well I for one couldn't care less if she never came home.
The phone rang shaking me out of my thoughts.
'Hello' I answer slightly annoyed
'Hey erm... this is Gerard Way, I'm calling from New Jersey'
'Yeah So' I say back.
'I err have a girl called Reign Mercer here, she's been in an accident and is in hospital. I am calling just to let you know. She's in a bad way.'
'I don't know a Reign mercer' I say coolly even though my heart was beating madly against my chest.
'Oh are you sure? Cause this is a number I found in her purse.'
'I'm positive, I've just moved in, a couple of guys used to live here before me.' I lie down the phone
'Oh did they leave a forwarding address or anything.' the voice on the line says
'Ahh nope they didn't I'm really sorry to say.' I reply
'Ok thanks anyway, who am I talking to?'
'My name is Lisa...Lisa Palmer' I say.
'Sorry to have bothered you Lisa' the person says before hanging up.

I hang up the phone my hand shaking violently. Reign was in hospital, and I was the only one who knew it. I laughed loudly to myself. This was perfect I wouldn't have to put up with her crap anymore. As far as anyone knew she was just late home.
Just then Lisa walked through the door with Ca$hdogg.
'Did she call?' Lisa inquired letting Ca$hdogg off his leash.
'No she hasn't, no one has I'm starting to get worried.' I say laughing on the inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story