Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 26 Becoming Conscious

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 2630 words

0Unrated
New Jersey
Gerard's p.o.v

'No way dude' Mikey says, his jaw set and his head shaking from side to side.
'Why not?' I ask
'We cannot take her home Gerard' he says looking over at Reign.
'We have to, she doesn't have anyone else.' I say
'You don't even know how to take care of a sick person, neither of us do' he replies looking around at Frankie, Ray and Bob.
'But we can't leave her here, I feel bad enough about the whole thing, if we left her here I'd die of guilt.' I say looking over at her.
It had been a week since the accident. Since she was breathing on her own, the doctors said that if she had somewhere to go she could be discharged.
We still hadn't spoken to her because she slept continuously; the doctors assured us this was normal and part of the healing process.

'I think we should take her home' Frankie pipes up
'Finally someone agrees with me' I exclaim
'If we don't take her with us she'll have to stay here, I think we should keep her with us till we hear from her family, then they can come and get her or whatever.' He finishes.
'Have you heard from her family yet?' Ray asks
'Nope I left about a hundred messages on one of the numbers, but no ones got back to me yet.' I answer.
Just then the nurse walks in.
'So what have you decided?' she asks looking around at each of us.
'We've decide that we'd like to have her while she recuperates' I answer ignoring the look Mikey was throwing at me.
'That's good to hear' she replies. She looked really tired but she was smiling none the less.
'We can arrange transport to take her to your home. A nurse will come by twice a day to bathe her and change her intravenous drip and catheter bag. When she is fully awake and the visiting nurse thinks she is better she will begin her physiotherapy. If there are any problems or you are concerned for her do not hesitate to call the hospital or myself.' She finishes handing me a card with her number scribbled on it in big black ink.
That night we bought Reign home in an ambulance. The paramedics carried her up the stairs in a stretcher; we decided it would be best if she slept in my room. I couldn't wait for her to wake up there was so much I wanted to say to her.

LA
Benji's p.o.v

'Hey mom it's me, I'm just calling to see if you heard anything call me back when you get this.' I say quickly before hanging up and slumping down on the hotel bed.
We had just got back to the hotel from doing an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine. This fame thing was pretty good, but really tiring.
I checked in with Lisa and my mom at least twice a day to see if they've heard anything about Reign. But no one had.
'Hey man' Joel said sitting on the bed next to me
'Hey'
'Still haven't heard anything huh' he asks
'Nope not a word, where could she be man? What if she's in hospital or worse...'
'Don't say stuff like that man. Anyway I don't think that's where she is' Joel said lying flat on the bed.
'Well then where the hell is she Joel?' I ask starting to get annoyed
'Benji, I know how this is going to sound...I think that Reign might of...It's been a week man, I hate to say it but I think she's left us.' Joel says getting up and walking over to the window.
'Don't ever say that Joel' I warn following him. 'She'd never do that. How can you say that about her? She's your best friend for fuck sake.'
'Well what other explanation is there? He says 'If she was in hospital someone doctor or nurse would have called us and informed us she was there. Since no one has, the only explanation is that she ran out on us.'
'That's bullshit Joel and you know it, she'd never leave us, she'd never leave me.' I answer heatedly.
'Look, I'm not the only one who thinks that, Kara thinks she left too.' He replies seriously
'So that's where you got your theory from, your dumb ass skanky girlfriend...'
'Hey at least my girlfriend didn't run out on me' he retorts
Neither of us said anything, I was dumbstruck I can't believe he just threw that in my face. I walk over to the bed and grab my jacket, I didn't want to spend another second in the room with him.
'Benj I'm didn't mean...'
I didn't hear the rest of what Joel said I left slamming the door behind me.

New Jersey
Normal p.o.v

You had been awake for a couple minutes; you lay there quietly in the dark trying in vain to remember anything. So far all you remember is your name and the usual stuff like your favourite colour and date of birth. You have no idea where you are, and no recollection of how you got there. You sit up ignoring the pain shooting through every inch of your body.
You feel around in the darkness till your hand touches what feels like a lamp. You fiddle with it, feeling your way to the switch and pressing it.
The light from the lamps floods the room and it takes a minute for your eyes to adjust.
You look down at yourself and gasp. Your right leg is in a cast as is your left wrist. There's a needle in your right hand, which is attaching you to a drip by the side of the bed, you feel your face with your right hand and touch the dressing on your forehead. You take a couple of deep breaths trying to calm your heart as it pounds frantically against your chest.
You try to say something but your voice is barely audible. You observe your surroundings; it doesn't look like any hospital you've ever been to before.
Then it suddenly dawns on you, this isn't a hospital at all, your in someone's house and they been drugging you, with that last disturbing thought you take the needle out of your arm. You throw back the covers and attempt to get out of the bed. Your body aches in protest as you stand up shakily holding onto the dresser beside for support. Something slaps against you right leg and you look down at the empty catheter back 'Eww that's gross' you say your voice barely above a whisper.
You wait a while gathering your strength, you can see the bedroom door across the room and on your far left is a window which is more then big enough for you to fit through.
Leading with your left you hobble towards the door practically dragging your right leg behind you. You fall against the door with a thud your body screaming in pain and sweat forming at your brow.
You lean against the door, breathing deeply filling your burning lungs. Your mouth and throat are so dry that it hurts to swallow. You press your ear against the door listening for any sound on the other side. You reluctantly push yourself off the door and look around for something that you could use as a weapon. You spot a baseball bat over in the corner and drag yourself over to it. You feel the cold metal in your hands as the door suddenly swings open.
'Holy shit you scared me' a tall guy with glasses says coming into the room.
'Stay back' you say clutching your aching ribs and the baseball bat.
'It's okay I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm Mikey' the guy explains taking two steps towards you.
'I said stay back, don't fucking touch me' you warn stumbling backwards.
'It's ok just calm down...'
'Don't fucking tell me what to do, where the hell am I? What am I doing here?' You shout.
You watch the guy back out of the room, you clutch your head as it starts to spin and you can feel yourself getting dizzy.
'Gerard get your ass up here, she's awake and she is freaking out' you hear the tall guy shouting.
You stand there frozen to the spot as voices and footsteps sound outside the door coming closer. You try to calm your breathing but you start to hyperventilate, you clutch your chest willing your heart to slow down it's rapid pace.
You keep your eyes fixed on the door as two other guys sprint through it, you try to focus on the situation but loose concentration as another person comes through the door wearing what look likes skeleton pyjamas and that's the last thing you see before you black out.

LA
Joel's p.o.v

The others and I were watching a movie in our hotel suite. I told them about the argument I had with Benji earlier, he stormed out and I hadn't seen him since.
I called Kelly's house, hoping that Reign would answer if she was there, but she didn't.
It was about 2.00am when Benji eventually came back to the suite.
'Dude where the hell have you been I've been worried sick?' I demand before he even closes the door.
He didn't bother answer me but just walks right past into his bedroom.
'Look Benj, I'm really sorry about what I said earlier I didn't mean any of it.' I say following him.
'Then why did you say it Joel?' He replies sitting on the bed and kicking off his shoes.
'I don't know Benj, My heads all over the place right now. I worried sick about Reign and I miss her. I got angry at the thought of her leaving us and I lashed out. It bought all those feelings that I had when dad left. I know I shouldn't have said those things and I'm really sorry.' I apologise feeling bad.

Benji's p.o.v

I looked over at my little brother; I knew exactly how he felt but just ten times worse. Reign was my girlfriend but this whole time I forgot about the bond that he shared with Reign. I hadn't once asked him if he was okay.
'Don't worry about, it's cool' I say pulling off my sock and throwing it at him. 'I'm sorry too; I forget how close you and Reign are. I know I'm not the only one who cares about her, you Billy and Paul must be feeling the same.'
'We are man, we feel awful, trust me' he says joining me on the bed.
'Do you think she left us? I ask him quietly. Just thinking it, sent pain shooting through my heart
'I dunno know Benji. I hope not' he says.
We talked for a little while longer and after he left I stripped off and got into bed, it took me a while but I eventually fell into a dreamless sleep.

New Jersey
Normal p.o.v

You had been awake and sitting up for about ten minutes. You remember everything that happened last night before you blacked out. Whoever those guys were left you a glass of water on the bedside table and a note that you were reading for the second time.

Morning Reign,

We're sorry for scaring you last night. I know you must be freaking out because you don't remember anything. We promise to explain everything to you when we get back.
Please don't try and leave because there's a good chance that you'll only injure yourself even more.
We left you some clean clothes on the edge of your bed and there is food in the refrigerator.
Make yourself at home
Love Gerard and the others

PS. The nurse came by this morning and took your pee pee bag and drip. The crutches in the corner are for you.

You put the letter back on the dresser and drink the water thirstily. You've racked your brain trying to remember what happened but you decide that it might be easier to let those guys tell you. After dressing yourself you slide down the stairs on your ass and hobble around. Your not sure how long you've been here or if anyone knows where you are. With the help of your crutches you search the house looking for a phone.

Waldorf
Kara's p.o.v

I was at Joel's mothers house. Since Reign went missing eight days ago I had been there a lot, sucking up to her and Joel pretending that I cared.
Lisa and I both left Annapolis two days before I made sure I unplugged the phone at the boy's apartment before we left.
Now here I was at their mother's house pretending to be interested in what she was saying.
'I'm going to the store and I think I'll take Ca$hdogg for his walk' Robin said grabbing her keys off the table. 'Do you want to come dear?' She asked smiling
'No I'm gonna stay here if that's ok, just in case the phone rings.' I answer looking as sweet and innocent as I could.

After she left I sat down at the kitchen table. The boys were coming back soon if I was going to get rid of Reign I had to do it quickly. I wrote two letters one from Benji to Reign and the other was vice versa.
All I had to do was find out where she was staying and that couldn't be all that difficult could it?
The phone rang just as I was about to pick it up I left it and waited for the machine to get it.

Hey Robin
It's me Reign. I don't know if you know where I am or not but I'm still in New Jersey. Apparently I've been in an accident but I'm okay. Please call me when you get this.

I listened to the message through again before deleting it. My heart was hammering against my chest. Hearing her voice sort of scared me and I almost had second thoughts, but then the best idea struck me.
I picked up the phone and called the phone company and waited for someone to pick up.

'Hi there, this is Robin Madden' I say when the woman finished the company greeting.
'How can I help you Ms. Madden?' the friendly voice on the other line asks
'Lately I've been receiving prank calls from a number and I wanted to know if I could block it, so they couldn't call me anymore.'
'Certainly, we can do that for you Ms. Madden, it's awful when things like that happen.' The lady says sympathetically
'Isn't it just' I agree with her.
'Do you have the number that you wish to block' she asks.
I read out the number to her twice. She assured me that it would be put into effect immediately.
I hung up the phone smiling this was too easy. Next I called the operator and asked for the numbers of the hospitals in New Jersey. I took all the numbers down. Just as I hung up Robin came through the door.
'Who was that dear?' she asks I could see the hope in her eyes
'It was someone selling insurance I told him not to call again.' I lie. 'I have to go now Ms. Madden.' I say looking at my watch ' I promised my mother I'd be home early.'
I left the Madden's and went straight home, I had to call these hospitals and find out where Reign was.

Sign up to rate and review this story