Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Suspicions

by story_master 5 reviews

Jay is very suspicious after they return from the Shadow Realm. What is he suspicous of?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-25 - Updated: 2006-08-26 - 873 words

1Exciting
The heroes stayed the night at the school just in case there were anymore surprise attacks. The two girls spent the night in Chiron's office just to make sure they recovered okay. The five boys slept in the training room. Jay was the ony one that was still awake. He couldn't put his finger on it but something just didn't feel right. He thought a walk might help him clear his thoughts. He got up and wandered down the emtpy halls of the gods secret hideout.

Soon he found himself at Chiron's door. He slowly opened it up to check on how the girls were doing. When the light flooded over their cots one was empty. Theresa was missing. Jay started to panic. After a few moments he calmed himself down. ' She couldn't have gone that far.' he thought. He quietly shut the door and started his search for Theresa.

Jay searched for hours until he was too tired to continue. He collapsed on a statue and slept there. Just before his eyes closed he could swear he saw Theresa walk by. Then everything faded to black.

The next morning Jay awoke to the sound of Theresa's voice.

" He's over here guys!" she called.

" Wha...?" he said wearily as he slowly sat up.

" Jay, we've been searching everywhere for you. Where'd you go. The guys woke up and you were gone." she asked as he stood up.

" Where was I? I was up all night looking for you! Where'd you go? I went to check on you two and you weren't in your bed! I was worried sick! I thought Cronus had got you!" Jay's anger had consumed him.

Theresa stepped back, surprised at his outburst.

" Jay I was asleep all night. I didn't leave Chiron's office until this morning." she said softly.

" What? But you weren't there when I checked." Jay said more to himself than to her.

" Jay! We were worried about you! Were'd you go?" Odie asked as the other five came running up to him and Theresa.

" Oh..., I went for a walk and must've dosed off." he said, a little embaressed about what had just happened.

" Well come on we're going out for breakfast." Herry said.

" Sounds good." Jay said half heartedly.

The seven heroes climbed into Herry's truck and headed over to a nearby pancake house. Jay didn't eat much, he had way too much on his mind. He knew he saw Theresa's bed empty the night before. Why had she lied to him. Or maybe he was seeing things. Either way he was going to find out the truth.

His thoughts were interupted by Theresa's voice once more.

" Jay? Are you coming?" she asked, waving a hand in front of his eyes.

" Huh? Yeah. I was just thinking." he said quickly.

" Are you okay?" she asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

" Yeah. I'm fine." he replied as he followed her to Herry's truck.

The two climbed in the back and they headed back to the brownstone. Jay stared out the window lost in his thoughts once again. ' I know I saw her bed empty. Where did she go? What was she doing? And more importantly why did she lie about it?' Jay quentioned himself. They arrived at the brownstone and the seven heroes went inside. Jay kept an eye on Theresa. She was up to something and he was going to find out what.

Everybody was doing their own thing by the time lunch came around. Archie and Atlanta were off running. Herry, Odie and Neil were at the mall. Theresa was watching t.v. and Jay was sitting in the kitchen reading. He kept glancing up to see was Theresa was doign and everytime Jay would see she was just sitting adn watching t.v.

By the time everyone got back home it was after dinner time and everyone was starting to head off to bed. First Neil went to bed then it was Odie, then Atlanta, then Archie, then Herry. Theresa went to bed and Jay went shortly after her. He had a plan to find out what she was doing.

He waited by his door with it open just enough for him to see anyone who walked by. As the minutes ticked by Jay waited for Theresa to sneak out. Sure enough his suspicions were right. At 12:30 Theresa crept by everyone's rooms and then decended down the stairs. When Jay heard the door open he followed her.

He followed her outside adn made sure to make as little noise as possible. He followed her to the outskirts of town. Since they were both on foot it was easy to follow her. She stopped in an old cemetary. Jay hid behind one of the nearby tombstones and watched. His mouth dropped open in horror as he saw what Theresa was doing.
~*~

What was Theresa doing? Does this have anything to do with Cronus and Billy? Will Jay get caught and face horrible puishments? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked that chapter. Sorry that it's knid of short but I didn't want to give too much away for the next chapter. Please R+R. Constructive critism and suggestions are also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story