Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "Yeah It's Cool, I'll Be Okay ..."

Chapter 6

by The-Nerd-Extremist 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2016-06-23 - 2163 words - Complete

0Unrated
“You sure you shouldn’t have called or something first to make sure that they’re not busy with I dunno stuff?” Tyler asked his boyfriend as they walked up the pathway to Josh’s parents’ house.

“Nah, they’re fine.” Josh replied, calmly walking ahead and knocking on the front door. It was answered by Josh’s sister who squealed and jumped up into Josh’s arms.

“Oh dear child what have I told you about answering the door, you know you’re not supposed to … Oh Josh dear! You’ve come to visit!” Josh’s mother called, walking up the hallway to the front door. Josh set down his sister and hugged him mum, who was shorter than Josh. His mum opened her eyes and saw Tyler standing outside the doorway and her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“Oh Josh who is this that you’ve brought with you?”

“Oh yeah … Mom this is Tyler, Tyler this is my mom.”

“Oh is he the one you were telling us about?”

“Yeah.”

Whilst Josh and his mum conversed Josh’s little sister came up to Tyler and poked his leg.

“Hey, that tickles …” Tyler giggled to the little girl. She laughed in response and then stuck her arms out towards Tyler. “Oh, you wanna be picked up?” She nodded her head. “Oh okay here we go ready? Up you go!” Tyler said as he picked up Josh’s sister, who then took to snuggling into Tyler and making happy little squeals.

“I think she likes you Ty.” Josh said, “You wanna come inside or just stand there with my little sis?” At this Josh held open the door for Tyler and Ty walked in, carrying Josh’s sister. Josh lead Tyler into the dining room where his father sat eating his breakfast and watching the news.

“Hey dad, there’s someone I want you to meet.” Josh announced. His father turned to face him and smiles a warm smile when his eyes met Tyler’s.

“Well? Aren’t you going to introduce yourself to me my dear boy?” Josh’s father asked Tyler.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mr. Dun, I’m … My name’s Tyler, I’m Josh’s friend.”

“Well it looks like you’re also the little one’s friend now too.” Josh’s father exclaimed, laughing a heartfelt laugh that brought warmth to everyone in the room. Josh’s mother went over to her husband and whispered something into his ear and his face lit up even more.

“Well Josh, it looks like you have something you wanted to tell us all?” His father said, directing his gaze to his son.

“Oh yeah … Um, mom, dad … Tyler and I are dating.” Josh stated proudly, moving over to wrap his arm around Tyler.

“Oh how wonderful darling! I knew you’d be happy with him!” His mother exclaimed, excitedly coming over to hug and kiss her colourful haired son. Josh’s little sister looked up to Tyler for a second, and then excitedly began squealing and hugging and kissing Tyler.

“Looks like she approves!” Josh laughed, taking his sister from Tyler so that his mum could hug Tyler. Josh’s father came over from the table and joined in hugging and congratulating them. After the commotion was over Josh’s mum insisted that she make them all a nice breakfast and Tyler ate it, his mouth and tastebuds in pure heaven because his new mum’s cooking skills were divine. After they had breakfast and had talked and laughed and celebrated a little more Josh and Tyler left to go to the next family.

“You sure you want to go through with this Ty? Cause we can do it some other time if you want.”

“No it’s fine, we may as well get it over and done with now rather than put it off for later.”

The pair walked up the driveway to Tyler’s parents’ front door and hesitantly knocked. A few seconds later the door was answered by Tyler’s brother Zac, who shot death glares at Josh, but welcomed them inside.

“Mom! Tyler’s here and he’s brought his ‘friend’” Zac yelled down the hallway before heading back upstairs.

“OI! Not so fast Zac you come here to the dining room and behave!” His father yelled back. Zac groaned and obliged, showing Tyler and Josh into the dining room where his father and mother sat.

“Um hi mom, hi dad.” Tyler said tentatively. “I want to introduce you to my boyfriend, Josh.”

“I FUCKING KNEW IT! YOU FILTHY SNAKE! HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A DECENT HUMAN BEING WHEN YOU’RE DATING MY BROTHER?!” Zac bellowed at Josh, getting up from his position at the table and then rounding on Tyler. “AND YOU! WHY WOULD YOU GO AGAINST YOUR FAITH AND DATE THIS FILTH?! HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN AND HAVE FEELINGS OF SUCH AN INDECENT NATURE TOWARDS THIS ARROGANT FUCK!!” Zac continued to Tyler.

“ZAC THAT’S ENOUGH SIT DOWN!” Tyler’s father bellowed above Zac, causing Zac to immediately stop. “Go to your room now, we’ll deal with you later.” Zac obeyed and went to his room, death glaring Tyler and Josh on his way out.

“Oh dear I’m so sorry about him, he’s a little insensitive towards other people’s preferences.” Tyler’s mother started, moving towards Josh who was standing there holding Tyler’s hand. “I’m sorry if he offended you, it wasn’t his place whatsoever to say such vile things towards either of you.”

“It’s okay Mrs. Joseph, I kinda expected him to say something like that because of the way he was when I came around last time to ask permission.” Josh replied, setting aside his anger at Zac.

“Well, Zac certainly doesn’t speak on behalf of your mother or myself boys, we are both very happy for you.” Tyler’s father said warmly before standing up and going over to the pair and embracing them individually, starting with Tyler.

“If he doesn’t treat you right you tell me and I’ll fix him up, right?” He whispered into Tyler’s ear.

“Okay dad.” Tyler responded. His father went to hug Josh whilst Tyler’s mother smothered her son in hugs and kisses and statements of how proud and happy she was that he finally found someone.

“You be careful with him, he’s not like everyone else as you’ve probably figured by now. If you hurt him you’d better run to Australia because I won’t stand for it. Am I clear?” He whispered in a stern voice in Josh’s ear.

“Yes sir, I promise I’ll take care of him, and I won’t run if I do something wrong because that’s not right.” Josh replied honestly.

“Good man. I believe you will make my boy very happy.” Josh’s new father remarked before breaking the embrace. After a little chat and more congratulations Tyler’s parents said that it would probably be best if they were to leave now because they had to deal with Zac and that wouldn’t be a very pleasant thing to see considering they were going to be having a long talk with him. So Josh took control of the driving and took Tyler to his house. Once they got there and Josh let them both inside Tyler began exploring because Josh said he could. Josh had chocolate everywhere. And his clothes were kind of all over the floor in his room. It made Tyler smile and feel all funny and warm inside. After exploring the rest of Josh’s small house Tyler found himself sitting on the big sofa in the living room waiting for Josh to return. Once Josh had reappeared he gave Tyler some chocolate and then sat with him on the sofa, before speaking.

“So, that wasn’t so bad.”

“Yeah … I thought they were all going to hate me for dating you because you’re a male and what Zac said was right, we’re Christians and all …”

“Yeah … I actually thought that he was gonna hit me for a sec there. Anyway, my little sister loves you to bits which is great. She’s not usually fond of strangers or anything. But she really likes you.”

“She’s so small and cuddly …” Tyler smiled, remembering how excited she was that Tyler was her new big brother.

“Anyway … What do we want to do about our houses? Cause you said you didn’t really wanna be alone anymore …” Josh said, turning to the topic he really wanted to discuss to get it out of the way.

“Oh yeah … Um … Well what do you wanna do?” Tyler replied, turning to face Josh on the sofa.

“Well, I was thinking that maybe we could share a house? But not move in together, I mean we could both live in one house or the other … But when we want time apart or something we still have our own home to have space and stuff …” Josh tried explaining.

“Oh yeah, so we still have our own separate houses, but we just stay in one. Right?”

“Yeah! And then it would make it all easier because then we don’t have to worry about moving our stuff or deciding which house to keep and we don’t have to worry about tidying up to make room for each other’s stuff and all that boring stuff!” Josh said excitedly, happy that Tyler understood what he was trying to say.

“That sounds like a great idea. And it makes sense, because then we still have our own houses so if you wanted to hang out with your friends then you can do that and I wouldn’t be in the way or anything! And then you can keep all your clothes on the floor in your room haha!” Tyler jested, poking Josh in the ribs gently but playfully.

“Hey! My clothes are not all on the floor! Some of them are in the draws and some are in my bed and okay fine! They’re all over the place! There!” Josh pouted in good spirit.

After talking about where they wanted to stay first the pair decided that they would continue to live in Tyler’s house because it was closer to the forest that they went to and it was also closer to the studio. Josh packed a duffle bag full of clothes so he wouldn’t have to keep sharing Tyler’s and they both drove back to Tyler’s house. Once they arrived and Josh dumped his stuff in his new room Tyler flopped onto the couch and fell asleep, exhausted from the day’s adventure. Josh found him and smiled at his sleeping boyfriend. I’m so lucky, he’s so cute when he’s sleeping. And now he’s mine, I can kiss him and cuddle him without it being weird or creepy. Josh smiled more at the feeling of being in love with his best friend and band mate. Then his stomach grumbled and Josh went to the kitchen to find himself a snack. By the time he had finished eating and cleared away his mess Tyler was mumbling in his sleep and his face was screwed up, in pain and clear distaste at whatever was happening in his dream. Then his face shifted into panic and fear and Josh decided that this wasn’t a nice dream anymore and woke Tyler up.

“Wha- Josh! Where’s Josh? What ha-” Tyler began mumbling, still waking up.

“Hey it’s okay sh, I’m here baby boy it’s fine.” Josh replied soothingly, kneeling in front of the couch to be at eye level with his boyfriend.

“Oh …” Tyler replied, rubbing his eyes from sleep. “Ugh … I don’t like sleeping anymore … But I’m so tired and I wanna sleep …” Tyler groaned annoyed.

“It’s okay … Why don’t I sleep with you again? Would that make it better?”

“Maybe … I dunno …”

“Well here,” Josh started, climbing into the covers behind Tyler, “Now turn around to face me.” Josh said to Tyler, who complied and wriggled around until he was facing Josh. Josh kissed him softly and Tyler happily responded by kissing back. Josh broke off and smiled at Tyler. Tyler was happy and snuggled into Josh’s neck and soon fell asleep again, but this time it wasn’t haunted by Blurryface … It was of just him and Josh in the forest, singing songs that nobody wrote, swinging on the swings hanging down from a treehouse above them. It was bliss and nothing was destroying it this time. Josh listened to Tyler sleeping for a while until he fell asleep too, peacefully dreaming about him and Tyler just doing stuff together. Performing, hanging out, laughing, anything. Everything was perfect.
Sign up to rate and review this story