Categories > TV > Law & Order: SVU > I missed you, Elliot Stabler

Chapter 10

by susanbensonstabler 0 reviews

It's been 11 years since Olivia Benson lost her daughter, Susan, to Child Services. Will she ever find Susan?

Category: Law & Order: SVU - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Olivia Benson - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2016-06-28 - 502 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 10

Point of view of Susan Benson-Stabler

It feels like it's been hours since I had called Mom's cell begging her to come get me. I'm still hiding under the basement stairs at my best friend Sara's old house when I hear a voice whisper my name. It sounds like Dad but I stay where I am. About 4 or 5 seconds later, I see Dad standing with his back to me. My heart leaps at the sight of him.

"Dad?"

He turns and sees me. He hurries over to me and asks me if I'm okay. I nod. He bends down and scoops me into his arms. He turns and we both notice a girl peering at us from a dark corner of the basement. At first, I stare at the girl then something registers in my brain. It's Sara! I tell Dad to put me down.

"Susan, we don't have time. Kathy might find us down here any minute."

"Dad, it's my friend Sara. Please set me down so I can talk to her."

Dad finally sets me down. I slowly walk towards Sara. She cowers away.

"Sara, it's me. It's Susan. I was your best friend for years. It's okay. You're safe."

Sara stares at me for a minute then smiles. Even though we're both 11 now, Sara still recognizes me. She runs into my arms and starts crying. Dad says we all need to get out of here now. I ask Dad to carry Sara out of the basement then tell Sara that he's my birth father. Sara asks me how did I find Dad after all these years. I tell her an angel named Sara guided me to both my birth parents. Dad scoops Sara into his arms and tells her that she'll be safe as I lead him out of the basement. Once we're certain Kathy isn't around, we hurry around the side of the house. I spot Amanda looking around. I softly call her name. She sees me standing there. She hurries over to me and hugs me.

"Susan, you're okay. Your mom will be so happy to see you."

Dad comes around the side of the house still carrying Sara. He lays her on the back seat of his car and I climb in beside her. Fin comes running towards us. He says Kathy's coming this way and that we need to get out of here. Suddenly, a gunshot rings out. I cover Sara with my body as she screams. Dad cries out in pain and falls to the ground. He's been shot in the left shoulder.

"Dad!"

Even though Sara's begging me not to, I climb out of Dad's car and go over to him. He's whispering Mom's name as he lays there bleeding.

"Dad, please hang on. Mom needs you. So do-"

I am cut off when I feel something stab my side. I've been shot too. I am scared as blackness threatens to overcome me. I say one word before I black out.

"Mommy."
Sign up to rate and review this story