Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Biggest Mistake

Between Your Smiles and Regrets

by moocow 6 reviews

I feel horrible for keeping this from you. Here you go. Yay for me updating all my stories!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 1023 words

1Exciting
Chapter 5- Between Your Smiles and Regrets

"Pete, I want you guys to leave," Maddie held her breath as Pete blinked three times before shaking his head.

"And leave you here to raise a baby by yourself, hell no," Maddie sighed and looked away.

"I can't do this anymore...it's just, too hard," Pete shrugged.

"Then tell him," Maddie gulped and looked at her brother.

"Pete, it's not that easy...we don't even have anything to fall back on," she paused and lowered her voice. "We don't love each other anymore," Pete gripped her shoulders, making her look up at him.

"Quit lying to yourself and maybe he will too," Maddie nodded and watched as he walked off towards the kitchen. Joe came down the stairs moments later, holding Kati who was smiling brightly, laughing as Joe made funny faces.

"Kati is just adorable," Maddie smiled and pushed some of her daughter's hair out from her face.

"I think she picks up from her father," Joe nodded, bouncing the baby on his knee as she giggled.

"She does," Kati gurgled for a moment before pointing at Joe and smiling.

"Joe," she mumbled and Maddie smiled.

"Her second word," Pete came running into the room and pretended to cry.

"When will it be my turn?" he lowered himself to Kati's level and smiled as she blinked, blank expression on her one year old face.

"Kati," Maddie started and the girl smiled from Joe's lap. "Do you know Pete's name?" she asked and Kati looked at Pete who was now sticking out his bottom lip.

"No," Maddie smiled.

"Her third word," Joe bounced Kati slightly and she giggled. Pete glared and held Kati's small hands.

"Can you say 'Uncle'?" Kati licked her lips and giggled again.

"Uncle," Pete gushed and kissed her on the forehead.

"Can you say 'Ninja'?" Maddie smacked Pete's shoulder lightly as Kati smiled and nodded.

"Ninja," she muttered, though it sounded more of a 'Ninda' more than a 'Ninja'. Pete shrugged and watched as Andy made his way into the room. Kati jumped up slightly in Joe's lap and pointed at him.

"Wandy," Maddie laughed and sighed.

"Let's have some fun tonight,"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Maddie smiled as Peyton and Pete slightly snuggled in the British outdoor café they had decided to go to for diner and she sighed as Joe played patty cake with Kati.

Andy was asking the waiter questions about the menu while Patrick sat twiddling slumped in his chair, arm extended and twirling his coke with the straw. Maddie placed her chin in her hand and closed her eyes briefly.

"Maddie, I think Kati is so adorable," I glanced up to see Peyton smiling wide at Kati. Pete nodded once.

"You've done well," Maddie smirked and shrugged.

"I try," Patrick smiled as Peyton offered the baby to him and Maddie bit her lip as he hesitated to hold her.

Kati blinked up at him as she sat in his lap, facing his stomach, her head tilted up to see under his hat. She bit her lip but then smiled as Patrick slightly shook his head, a small slimed plastered on his face as well. Maddie sighed to herself and saw Pete lean over.

"He's always talking about how amazing it would be to have a kid," Maddie smiled to herself and folded her hands in her lap, looking down at them. Pete continued to whisper in her ear. "He told me he wished you still loved him, so you guys could raise Kati together and have more kids,"

Maddie bit her lip and blushed looking back up to see Kati messing with the tuffs of hair that stuck out of Patrick's hat. She sighed and Peyton cuddled closer to Pete who wrapped an arm around her and kissed her temple.

Joe shook his head at Maddie who just shrugged while Andy snapped a picture of Patrick and Kati. Kati tilted her head to one side before placing her tiny little feet on Patrick's thighs and using his shoulders to stand up on him.

Maddie sat forward a little and took a sharp breath, scared that her baby had never walked before, let alone stand on her own. Kati smiled again before falling against Patrick, hugging his neck. Maddie sat back down and felt the tears prick the corner of her eyes yet again. Joe laughed.

"Awwww, would you look at that," Maddie shook her head and Patrick just blushed, lightly hugging Kati back.

"Pawrick," Patrick smirked and Kati sat back down in his lap, smiling at her mother who was fighting happy tears. Andy gripped her shoulder and she bit her lip, nodding.

"My little girl is growing up,"

---------------------------------------------------------------

That night, Andy was putting Kati to bed while Peyton and Pete did the dishes and Maddie cleaned the house up a bit. She was up in her own room, making the bed when she heard somebody come through the door. Turning slightly, she saw Joe, with an innocent look on his face.

"That was cute today," Maddie nodded, taking the laundry basket and placing it by the door. Joe took a seat on the bed while she crossed the room, picking up random toys that Kati had left in there.

"It almost broke my heart seeing her so happy with her real father," Joe nodded.

"It breaks my heart to see Patrick that happy with a baby he doesn't know is his," Maddie sighed and fell next to him with a sigh.

"I don't know how to tell him without him getting mad for lying all this time," Joe shrugged but pulled her into a hug.

"Let things happen on it's own time, don't work yourself up, just...let what ever happens, happen," Maddie smiled and snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

"When are you guys going back to Wilmette?" Joe bit his lip and Maddie sat back.

"Two days, Friday..." Maddie nodded.

"When will you guys be back?" Joe smiled.

"You shouldn't have to worry about that, Madds," Maddie raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" Joe laughed.

"You're coming home with us," Maddie nearly chocked on air.

"Excuse me?"
Sign up to rate and review this story