Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Werewolf's Love

Dementor Attack and Remus Lupin

by Dead-poets 0 reviews

Aurelia Mercy was raised next door to the Weasleys, she got her letter to Hogwarts and left with Fred and George, her best friends, now she has to protect her powers as she goes away from her famil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-01-18 - 1714 words

0Unrated
Aurelia
I sat down next to the sleeping man and Harry looked at him, "Who'd you reckon he is?" Ron asked and I looked at him, "Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione answered and I snapped my head up, Lupin? Remus Lupin? Oh this year is going to be fantastic, "How do you know that? How does she know everything?" Ron asked and I turned slightly and saw Remus's case on the rack, "It's on his case Ron." I say and his mouth makes an O shape, "He is asleep right?" Harry asked and I nodded, "Okay, I need to tell you all something." Harry then went on to say that Sirius Black, an escapee from Azkaban, was after him and told us what he over heard Mr. and Mrs. Weasley saying to each other, I gasped once he told us this, Sirius Black is after a thirteen year old boy? It doesn't really make sense, Remus suddenly stirred slightly from his slumber and turned over making us go as quiet as possible, Hermione started to tell Harry not to go looking for trouble and all of it made me scoff, "Harry doesn't go looking for trouble, most of the time, it comes straight to him." I say and Harry glares at me, "Says the pranking queen." He mumbles and I roll my eyes before lying down with my legs slightly leaning against Remus's legs, we talked about Hogsmeade and the sweet shop Honeydukes, it's a magical place where everyone's sweet tooth dreams can come true. Hermione gave me a big smile as I went on and on about the place, "The three of you will have plenty of fun there. Hermione it is very historical so have fun with that." I say and Harry sighed slightly, "You two will have to fill me in on all of the town." He says and I sit up, "You aren't coming with us?" I ask him and he shakes his head, "Vernon never signed it, I can't go." Harry says and I gave him a small sad smile, "Well surely Professor McGonagall can sign it for you." Ron says and I shake my head at him.
"It doesn't work that way, his legal guardian has to sign it, Minerva can't do anything." I say and Hermione gave me a strange look, "Don't the Professor's get annoyed with the fact you call them by their first name?" Hermione finally asks and I give her a 'Are you kidding me?' look, "Why do you think I'm always getting in detention? I keep getting detention from Snape because I started calling him Snivellus and Snivelly, I don't stop it's hilarious to see his pale face turn vermillion in anger." I tell them and start laughing which Hermione got mad about, "You shouldn't do that Aurelia, we may not like Snape, but still it's not right to call them names." Hermione always talks to me like I'm a little kid, I get used to it but every so often I have to remind her I'm older than them by two years. After awhile of talking about anything and everything the lights on the train flickered before going out completely and the train slammed to a stop, the luggage from above me fell down and my bag hit Lupus who started growling at the compartment doors, "Ouch! Ron that was my foot!" I heard Hermione cry out, the compartment door opened and someone came in, "Do any of you know what's going on?" Neville Longbottom asked, "Hey Neville." I say and he sits down after almost stepping on Lupus, and following him was Ginny, "What's happening?" She asks with a shaky voice and I grab onto her arm pulling her down so she sat next to me, "We don't know." I answer and she wraps her arms around me, "There are figures out there, I think someone is coming onto the train." Ron says and Ginny grips me tighter, "It's going to be okay Ginny." I whisper as the compartment door slides open with a creak. There was this creature that I quickly recognized as a Dementor and another one followed it, I held on to Ginny and stood in front of her as one of the creatures took in a sharp breath and began to slowly kill me, at least that's what it felt like, Ginny whimpered and I suddenly felt cold and alone, the darkness started to envelope me and as I was about to pass out, Remus Lupin stood up and shouted, "Expecto Patronum!" And pointed his wand at it as a white light flew out of the tip, I slowly fell backwards and into his arms, "Aurelia?" He whispered and I went into the darkness.
I woke up and sat up as quickly as I could, "Whoa, you should continue to lie down, Ms. Mercy. A Dementor attack is quiet severe." Remus said and the end of his lips tugged up into a small smile as he handed me a piece of chocolate, "Eat this you will feel better." He tells me and stands up, I looked over at Harry and saw that he looked just as shaken up as I did, "Harry? Are you okay?" I ask quickly and ran my hand through Lupus's black coat, Harry nodded and I looked back up at Remus, "I have to have a talk with the driver, if you will excuse me." Remus says before shooting me a grin and I returned the smile, Ginny threw her arms around me and cried out, "I was so scared, when you passed out I got incredibly scared. I'm so happy you are okay Aurelia, Harry passed out as well, but Professor Lupin only looked worried about you." Ginny said even though the end came out as a question, "I'm okay Ginny, I can never leave any of you, you'll be stuck with me till I die." I say and Harry groaned, "I'm going to have to take care of you when your ninety, aren't I?" Harry complains, "Harry, think about it this way, when I'm ninety, you'll be eighty-eight." I inform him, "So that's a yes?" He questions and I smile, "Damn right that's a yes." I say and stand up and tell them I'm going to check on the twins, "Can I come?" Ginny whispers and I pull the twelve year old up to her feet and nod slowly. I've always been very protective of Ginny, ever since last year, Lupus follows us quickly as we run down the hallways and tear open one compartment door, "Everyone one okay?" I ask and the twins nod along with our friend Lee Jordan and Oliver Wood, our Quidditch captain, "We don't really know what happened, care to fill us in?" Oliver asked and we took a seat and before I could speak Ginny blurted out, "There were these creatures called Dementors on board and they came to our apartment and I think they tried to suck out Harry and Aurelia's souls, and they both passed out and we met the new Defense Against The Dark Arts professor, and he saved them. And then we came here." We all stare at Ginny for a second before I'm bombarded with questions, 'What did it feel like?' Lee asked and before I could answer Fred and George asked a question, "Was it scary or was it cool?" "Can you still play Quidditch!?" Oliver exclaims and we glare at him, "That's what you are thinking about?" I ask and Oliver shakes his head, "I'm sorry, are you okay?" Oliver asks slowly, "Yes we are both okay." I answer and he sighs.
"But you will be playing Quidditch this year, won't you?" He asks me and I roll my eyes at him, "Yes, yes I will still be playing Quidditch this year." I say and Oliver smiles, "Great, because every practice this year we have to make count." Wood says and I stand up and drag Ginny with me, "If you will excuse us boys, Ginny and I need to change into our uniforms and we also need to escape this conversation." I say and run outside along with Ginny and Lupus, "You are screwed this year when it comes to Quidditch, aren't you?" Ginny asks and I nod, "Very screwed." I say, Oliver is a sweet boy and he's very passionate about Quidditch and that's the problem, since he's a seventh year it means its his last year, he wants to win the Quidditch House Cup this year and that will make him terrifying, I pull out my uniform as I go in to change and come out two minutes later looking amazing! Ginny walked out a little later and looked me up and down, "How do you always look so good?" She asks and I smirk, "Please, you've seen me on the weekend, remember? Drool everywhere, my hair in a mess, and I usually end up with gum in my hair." I say and chuckle as I turn around and quickly come face to face with Remus, "Professor Lupin, hi." I mumble and Ginny waves at him, "Ms. Mercy, may I talk to you?" He asks and I turn to Ginny who signals me to go ahead, Remus and I walk into an empty compartment and sit down across from each other, "How are you doing, Ms. Mercy?" He asks and for some reason that hurt, "I'm fine, Lupin." I say and adjust my sweater, "Are you sure you are alright, Aurelia?" He asks and I smile at him, "I promise I'm fine Remus. You have no reason to worry about me, so, a professor?" I question and Remus smiles, "Yes, I was going to tell you that night, but I didn't. Now, you should get back to your friends, Aurelia, I believe we are almost there." Remus says and walks out, "Goodbye Professor." I whisper and walk back to our compartment. The three of them looked up at me and shared a look, "Are you okay Aurelia?" Hermione asks and sits down next to me, "I'm great." I whisper, "Are you sure?" Ron and Harry ask and I nod, "I'm great, I'm better than great." I say and they look at me strange.
Sign up to rate and review this story