Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Werewolf's Love

Opening Year Prank and First Day Back

by Dead-poets 0 reviews

Aurelia Mercy was raised next door to the Weasleys, she got her letter to Hogwarts and left with Fred and George, her best friends, now she has to protect her powers as she goes away from her famil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-01-18 - 3850 words

0Unrated
Aurelia
I walked with Lupus back up to the castle and we all sat down at our table, George looked over at me and winked which was our signal for me to start the plan, I pulled my bag off of my shoulder and threw it under the table to Fred, I created these hair dye bombs, all you have to do is throw them where you want them to go, you have 15 seconds until they go off, I'm quite proud of them actually I created them when I was 12. And the cool thing about them is that they don't get on your face or your clothes, I use it to streak color into my brown hair, Fred was on the other side and we waited till the sorting ceremony was over, "Welcome!" Dumbledore shouts and we all look over to him, "Welcome to another magical year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to all of you before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..." He trails off, befuddled? That sounds fancy, "As you all know about the Dementors on the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business." Dumbledore practically growls, obviously not happy about the business, of course, no one really is. "When do we strike?" Fred whispers to me and I turn to him, "After Dumbledore's speech, never interrupt Dumbledore." I whisper and the boys nod. "They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds and while they are with us, no one is allowed to leave the school without the permission from a guardian. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises, or even Invisibility Cloaks." Dumbledore said and snapped his eyes over to Harry and I, "On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers in our ranks this year." He says and I look over to Remus and he smiles at me, "First, Professor Remus Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill in as the Defense Against The Dark Arts." Dumbledore motions to him and he stands up, I clapped slowly as did everyone else, we didn't really know him and for the longest time our DADA teachers sucked.
In my first year the guy was stealing from his students, in our second year our teacher literally got eaten and he was sleeping with at least half of his students, and our third year the guy had Voldemort living on the back of his head, Snape was glaring at Remus with a burning hatred, "And I am sorry to inform you all that Professor Kettleburn, our Care Of Magical Creature professor, retired at the end of last year in order to spend time with his remaining limbs. However, I am pleased to announce that Rubeus Hagrid will be taking his place." Dumbledore said and we all started clapping, "Congratulations!" Fred, George and I shout at the top of our lungs and Hagrid turns red in the face, "Now?" Fred asks and I smirk, "Now!" I shout and over the clapping we throw the bombs to the Slytherin table before grabbing some plates of food and taking off to the Common Room, "Hurry, we have limited time to paint the Slytherin common room!" Fred shouts and we run into the Dungeons. We came to the portrait and slowly it drawled, "Password?" The three of us shared a look and I quickly figured it out, "Pureblood." I snap and the door opens, "Okay, start on the walls and I will hang the signs." George says and we all run to different sections of the room, I start to hang the paint bombs on the walls and running off to the other wall before they explode, George hung a sign that said 'Welcome fellow Gryffindors,' and we looked at our masterpiece, "Okay, it looks good, but, it doesn't look great, we need it to scream Gryffindor." I say and then I look at the Slytherin tapestries and the snake headstone, "I have an idea." I say and pull out my wand from my boot, I focused and swished my wand saying the incantation in my head, we watched as all of the snakes turned into Lions and we started laughing, "One last thing." Fred says and pulls out a bag of dung bombs, we start throwing them everywhere before running out of there just as they exploded. "Yes!" We shout as soon as we get to the Gryffindor tower and we start high fiving each other, we stop at the portrait of the Fat Lady who was singing, at least she would call it singing, to us it sounded like a dying cat.
"Caput Draconis?" Fred guesses and she shakes her head before going back to "singing", "Banana Fritters?" George guesses, "Fairy lights, Quid Agis, Flibbertigibbet, Fortuna Major!" I shout and with the last password it opens, "Yay." I whisper and we walk into the scarlet common room, the fire was going and Lupus was already here, he gave us a bark and we ran over to the couch, "Do you reckon we have detention?" Fred says and we all laugh, "Wouldn't have it any other way." I say and after a few minutes the door opens and people flood the Common Room, "See you boys at detention." I whisper and ruffle their hair, "Night Ksenia." They say in unison and I go up to my dormitory, I was with Hermione and Ginny, I personally asked for Ginny in my dorm so I could watch out for her, besides them we had the gossip girls, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil, Lavender and Parvati were whispering about who knows what and Hermione was reading while Ginny hadn't come up yet. "So, what do you think is wrong with this teacher?" Lavender asks me and I give a sarcastic laugh, "Maybe he'll be some creature, like a werewolf or something. Keep dreaming Lavender, I think Lupin might stay." I say and she glares at me, "Did you see his clothes, please I give him till the middle of the year." She scoffs and flips her hair, "Maybe you shouldn't judge him by his clothes, Brown." I hiss and she rolls her eyes at me before going back to talking to Parvati, "It's my fifth year and I'm stuck with idiots." I hiss to Hermione and she laughs, "Hey, if you move dormitories, take Ginny and I with you." Hermione whisper shouts and I grab onto my night clothes, "Lupus, come here." I say and Lavender shrieks when she sees him, "Calm down lady scream a lot." I roll my eyes at her and Lupus walks into bathroom, I slam the door shut and lock it before taking my wand out, "Silencio." I say and the tip of my wand glowed, I turned to Lupus and said, "No one can hear us, just transform." I order and I watch as the black direwolf turned into a black haired boy, "If I have to stay with Pearl again I will tear you apart." He barks and I smile, "Well if you can stay in your human form for more than three hours a week, you can stay with me. And since we are opposites, you can't stay in your human form and I can't stay in my direwolf form, you can't live with me Lupus." I growl and Lupus rolls his eyes.
"Don't forget to take your potion, or else you and I will have no choice but to be direwolves together. And now I'm going to take a shower." He says and I throw him his clothes, Lupus was like me, except the fact I had more control over my human side then he did, Lupus is my best friend, he's always at my side, and we've conquered the one thing most friends don't, since our situation is quite weird, we've seen each other naked, now there is no interest between the two of us, and there never will be. I threw on my pajamas and started braiding my hair, "So, this year you are going to try and help me contain my human side, right?" Lupus asks over the noise of the shower, "Of course, it's going to take awhile until you can actually stay in human form and only turn into a direwolf at night. But then we will have Pearl make a potion for you and you can come to Hogwarts with me." I say with glee, Lupus turned off the shower and I threw him a towel and his clothes, "How long do you think it will take? If it even works." Lupus asks, "Probably a year, maybe more. It'll work, it'll just take it's time." I explain and down my potion, "I can't believe I wasted 30 minutes of one of my hours showering." Lupus complains and I ruffle his hair, "Sorry Lupus, time to turn back." He gives a whine before shifting back into Direwolf form, I unlock the bathroom door to find Lavender and Parvati snoring and Hermione and Ginny talking about tomorrow, "Hey, so, how long do you think the new professor will last?" Ginny asks and I smile, "Hopefully for a long, long time, or until the end of my seventh year." I say as I jump onto my bed with Lupus, "Question." Hermione says and I look up at her, "Shoot." I respond and run my fingers through my hair, "Why did you get to bring a wolf to school, no one else gets to bring a pet that's not an Owl, Cat, or toad. So, why did Dumbledore let you bring a wolf?" She asks quickly, "No clue." I answer as the panic rushes through me, "Okay, well, we should get up early tomorrow, so, goodnight." Ginny says and the lights go out as I lay in my bed. Tomorrow is a mystery, that I cannot wait for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sudden blaring awoke me from my deep sleep and I turned over to turn the noise off, I hit my alarm clock and lied back down, and one by one about a dozen alarm clocks went off, I jumped up to see alarm clocks surrounding me, "You are sick, sick girls!" I shout to no one and jump out of bed, I pulled out my wand and shouted, "Reducto!" I watched happily as they all were quickly destroyed, I pulled on my uniform and ran down to the great hall in a rage, Lavender and Parvati started laughing as soon as they saw me, "Oh! You think those alarm clocks were funny! I will destroy the two of you!" I shout at them and by now all of the students were staring at us, "Anteoculatia!" I shout and point my wand at Lavender, a few seconds later she slowly sprouted antlers out of the sides of her head, "Have fun with the rack." I say as I sit between the boys, "So, what's for breakfast?" I ask and the Gryffindor table erupted in laughter, "Ms. Mercy!" Minerva shouts from behind us suddenly, "Whoa Minerva, you got some lungs." I say and she glares at me, "Detention, three weeks, with Remus Lupin." Minerva orders, "Whoa, three weeks for the antlers? Seems a little pushy." I tell her with a smirk and she glares at me once again, "Three weeks for the antlers, and now an additional three weeks for the Slytherin stunts, all three of you will report to the teachers I assign you too. Ms. Mercy will go to Professor Lupin, Mr. Fred Weasley will be with me for the weeks, and Mr. George Weasley will be with Professor Snape." We groan in unison and before we could protest she turned on her heel and dropped our time tables. I grabbed them and threw them to the boys, "History of Magic first, total bore. We'll fall asleep as soon as we walk in." George says as I grab some waffles, "True, then we have Potions with Slytherin, what a joy. What else are you taking this year Ksenia?" Fred asks, "Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Arithmancy, Study of Ancient Runes, Ancient Studies, Ghoul Studies, and other stuff." I say and their jaws dropped, "How do you have time for that? And Quidditch?" Oliver asks from across the way, "I have my ways." I say and Oliver starts breathing quickly, "Stop it, you are going to pass out Oliver. Calm down, I will be at practice tonight!" I shout to calm him down. I got up from my spot and grabbed Hermione, "You have my time turner, right?" I ask her and she hands me the silver time turner, because I was taking so many extra classes this year, McGonagall gave us time turners, "Great thanks." I say and I walk out of the Great Hall, I ran down through the corridors I liked getting to classes early so I had time to sleep.
I wasn't paying attention and slammed into someone, "Aurelia, are you alright?" Remus asks and kneels down next to me on the floor, "I'm fine, I should pay more attention to what's in front of me. Are you okay Professor?" I ask him and stand up from the floor, "I'm quite alright, no need to call me Professor when no one else is around, Ms. Mercy." He says with crooked smile, "No need to call me Ms. Mercy, Remus." I say and we slowly start walking towards History of Magic, "That was quite a stunt you pulled in the Great Hall, the young girl you hexed will have antlers for a few days." Remus said and chuckled slightly, Remus was a great guy so far, and hopefully he'd be a great teacher, "Good, she deserves it. I should probably head into class and you should get to your students, goodbye Remus." I say and walk into my classroom thinking about him, but it was wrong, he's my professor, there's no way on earth we would actually end up together, but a girl can dream. I sat down in the back of the classroom and watched Professor Binns fly back and forth, "Hey!" Katie Bell shouts from the door way, as much as I liked Katie, she annoyed me quite often, "Hey Katie, how was your summer?" I ask and she squeals, "Fantastic, so I heard Melissa got married, how was the wedding? Aren't weddings just magical?!" Katie squeals and I mentally groan, "I wouldn't know how the wedding was, I wasn't invited." I mumble and she gasps, "Oh, poor Ksenia." I growled at her and glared, no one but Fred and George were allowed to call me Ksenia, "Don't call me that." I bark and she gives me a perplexed look, "But Freddie and George do it all the time." Oh god she's calling him Freddie! "And they are the only ones who call me that!" I growl, "And now I do." She squeaks, "No, Katie, you will address me as Aurelia or Ms. Mercy, you will not call me Ksenia, do I make myself clear?" I bark and Katie's eyes widen, "Yes Aurelia." Katie says before scrambling to the front of the class, I enjoy scaring people it's one of my only joys in life, Fred and George come sweeping in and sit on both sides of me, "Ah Ksenia, it has been quite a while since we have seen each other, hasn't it?" Fred asks in a posh voice, "Yes it has Fredrick, why I think the last time we saw each other was this morning! Much to long if you ask me Freddie." I mock and we laugh, inside jokes are fun. Professor Binns starts lecturing us on stuff we learned in first year, and all of it was wrong, "Are you falling asleep?" Fred whispers to me, "What do you think?" I mumble back and Fred nods as I let my head fall on to his shoulder, to some people Fred and I may seem like a couple, and in our fourth year we pretended to be a couple because I was being harassed by Marcus Flint, he was attempting to get me to go out with him and I formed a plan with Fred to get him off my back, "Miss Mercy!" Binns suddenly screams and I sit up, "What?! Santa Fe!? Merlin?! London!? Fred Weasley sleeps naked?!" I shout in a hurry and dodge the piece of chalk that was thrown at me, "Determination miss Mercy." Determination? Does he mean detention? "Detention it is Binns." I say and he throws me a weird look.
After the boringness that is the History of Magic we walked down to Herbology and after Herbology was our free period, we walked down to the Black Lake, "It's the first day and I'm tired." I whine and the boys and I lay down on the ground, "We have to get back to the castle soon for DADA and lunch." Fred says and begins to play with my hair, "Quidditch practice is tonight." Oliver Wood says as he suddenly appears, "Oliver if you keep saying that, we won't even bother to come." The three of us say in unison, "I need my beaters and I need my chaser." Oliver growls and when Oliver growls he gets scary, "Calm down Oliver, we were just joking." George defends and he rolls his eyes, "Of course the three jokers are always joking. Can't you be serious for once in your lives? It's my last year and we must win!" Oliver growls again and I move away from him, "Stop it, you're scary when you get in 'We Must Win' mode, calm down!" I squeak out and run my hands through my dark brown hair, Oliver rolled his eyes again and marched up to the castle, "He's a grumpy pants." Fred said and suddenly we hear Oliver, who was standing by the castle doors, scream, "I heard that!" We jumped in fear and looked around, "That boy is terrifying." I sigh and grab my bag, "I would like lunch, so if we hurry we can get there before everyone else." I tell them and yank them to their feet, "You're bloody strong when your hungry." George says and moves away from me, "I know." I say and flip my hair before taking off running towards the school, Hogwarts has amazing food and after a summer of having terrible food, besides Molly's, I needed it. I started running faster and faster, and was soon joined by Lupus, I smirked at him and leapt into my Direwolf form, my paws hit the cold floor and it made me happy, I felt free! I ran towards the Great Hall only to be stopped by McGonagall, "Ms. Mercy!" She screamed and I slid to a stop in front of her, "What are you thinking? You could be killed for what you are, or worse you could be seen for what you are!" Okay does everyone in this school think that being seen or being expelled is worse than dying?! Dying seems worse, I transformed into my human self and adjusted my tie, "It is my decision whether or not people see me transform, if I decide that my secret--" I was quickly cut off by Lupus who cleared his throat, "If our secret." He corrected, "Yes our secret. If I decide that our secret can be revealed to the wizard world then it will be." I finish and Minerva glares at me, "Now, if you'll excuse us we have some food to devour." Lupus says with a smile before transforming back into a Direwolf, I scratch behind his ears and strut off to the Great Hall.
"Hey! What took so long?" Fred asked as he got up from the table to greet me with a side hug, "How did you get here before me?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, "I ran and don't worry, George and I won't tell anyone. But, you have some explaining to do." He whispered and my eyes widened, "Don't worry Ms. Wolf, we'll talk about this later." George whispered and I sat down, "We'll meet at the Quidditch Pitch after practice." I say and grab some miniature sandwiches, "So, who else is excited about DADA?" Lee asked as he sat down, "All of us." I answer with a mouth full of food, "You are a lady, act like it." Lee said with an eye roll, "I refuse." I said again and little bits of bread flew out, "Lovely." The three boys muttered and I gave a toothy grin, Hermione came and sat down next to me, "This was the easy part of the day." Hermione muttered as she grabbed a cup of water, "Yeah, I haven't used mine yet and I don't have to until after DADA." I say and she mumbles a "lucky" then grabs some food, "So, how was Lupin?" I ask her and she smiled, "He's great, I think he might be hanging around for awhile." Hermione answered hesitantly, I nodded and gave her a strange look, Remus walked passed us giving me a small wave and that's when I smelt it, Wolfsbane Potion, only Werewolves usually take Wolfsbane. Lupus growled in his direction and I shook my head at Lupus, he whined and barked towards Lupin, "I'll talk to him, I promise." I whisper as I give Lupus some ham, I grabbed my bag and Lupus and quickly ran to DADA, I needed extra time to study for all my extra curricular activities, I pulled out my books and threw them onto my desk as I attempted to get ahead in all my classes, "Ms. Mercy." Remus's voice rang out suddenly and I jumped in surprise, "You just went to the Great Hall, why are you back?!" I practically shout at him, "I saw you leave and I was quite curious on why you would be going to class so early." He said as though following someone through Hogwarts was completely normal, "And what if I wasn't going to a class early, what if I was going to the loo?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow, "Then I don't know what I would do." Remus answered as he moved to sit on my desk. "Yeah, okay." I mutter as I begin to write down notes from my books, "Look at me." He whispered suddenly and I gave Remus a questionable look, Remus moved his hand under my chin and we both leaned in, our lips brushed as the door suddenly opened causing us both to jump away, there in all his glory stood Dumbledore, "Professor Dumbledore." Remus greeted with a half smile, "What's up Albus?" I say and Albus gives me an amused chuckle in return, "Aurelia, I was just checking if you and Lupus were still going to the forest tonight?" He asked and I nodded, "Of course Albus, we'll be back in the castle at midnight exactly." I say and he bids us farewell. First day back was great.
Sign up to rate and review this story