Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You're the Only Place That Feels Like Home

$9.95

by moocow 5 reviews

Oh damn.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-09-02 - Updated: 2006-09-02 - 899 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- $9.95

I've always had problems with being alone, no matter what kind of situation I was in. This was one of them, where nobody had enough free time, and I tried my hardest to cope, even if that meant ignoring the messages Pete left on what used to be our answering machine. It had been two weeks now, and the one message that I got told me instead of three weeks, it would be another five.

Seven weeks.

Seven weeks alone, all by myself...

_________________________________________________________________

"Lexi? You look restless," I shrugged at Aloe's comment and crashed on her couch.

"I'm sorry I can't look perfect," I mumbled and she bit her lip before sitting next to me and patting my back.

"Lex...I know you've been, um, down lately but..." I snapped.

"But what? I'm supposed to be ok and just wait? This is the third time we've had a major problem in our relationship, I don't want to have to do this alone," Aloe sighed.

"You don't have to...why don't you go talk to William," I closed my eyes tightly.

"I don't want to have him think I'm only using him as a replacement," Aloe shrugged as Joe came into view from the kitchen.

"It's nice to see Lexi, but not like this," he mentioned sitting on the coffee table in front of us. "Pete called me, trying to see if you were ok," I shrugged.

"You can tell him whatever you want, but I'm /fine/," Aloe bit her lip again as I stood back up and nodded to myself. "I'm fine,"

_________________________________________________________________

From the sidelines I watched as William did his thing, last song for the night. Aiden stood next to me, towering over me, holding my shoulders while Stan sat on the amp on my left tapping his foot and smiling at the crowd members who could see him, and recognized him. It was their last show of the tour before they went back to the studio while The Backstabbers went off on their own tour time.

"Proud of us, Lex?" Stan said and I nodded, my arms still crossed.

"I'm proud of everybody. We've come so far," Aiden smirked and sighed before kissing my cheek and walking off. Stan shrugged and stood to hug me whispering in my ear.

"Both of us will be more proud of you than you will ever be for us," I nodded and watched as he walked out after Aiden and another pair of long arms snaked around me, pushing me further back stage before twirling me around.

"Still hitting the shows, even when you'd rather be at home, eating chocolate and playing old records," I smirked at William and shrugged.

"You're included in that pile of old records," he smiled and grabbed a water bottle from behind me before sitting down on the couch that was in the back room. I followed and sighed hearing the host ending the show.

"So, has anything improved since the last time you were around?" I shook my head and through myself back against the couch in an exasperated sigh.

"Nothing has ever made me feel so...unbearable. I hate being like this," William slowly nodded and wrapped an arm around my shoulders pulling me close.

"Pete's been calling everybody since you haven't called him back," I closed my eyes and shrugged.

"I haven't called him back because I don't want him to hear me crying, and that I have nothing good to say," William shook his head and rubbed my arm, calming me down.

"I told him that he was a dumbass for doing this, and he's dug his own grave," I smirked and he continued. "Apparently I'm the only one telling the truth. He said according to everyone else, you're /perfectly fine/,"

I sighed and stood up suddenly, fishing my wallet out of my back pocket. William raised an eyebrow and I smiled pulling out a ten dollar bill. Leaning back over, I tucked it into his collared shirt and ruffled his hair.

"I hope you get it," He raised an eyebrow and was about to speak but I snuck away and said my goodbyes, going back... home.

________________________________________________________________

I sat watching re-runs of old TV shows, stuffing my face with chocolate ice cream and a pizza I ordered about three hours back. Sighing, I heard the doorbell go off and pushed myself off the black couch and padded across the cream carpet to the door where upon opening it stood William, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hi," I smiled and he opened his hand to reveal a nickel.

"Here's your change," he replied and I let him inside closing the door. After I took the nickel he gathered me in a hug and laughed.

"I'll help out until Pete comes back," I shook my head, tears brimming my eyes.

"You're not a replacement," I whispered and William nodded.

"I know, but we all know you don't do so well on your own," I closed my eyes and smirked.

"I also told myself I'm not the desperate type," William shook his head again.

"I thought that was Pete," I laughed slightly and tightened our hug.

"Thank you," I whispered and he shrugged before nodding.

"So take him up for just $9.95, he'll sing the songs you like, he'll keep you warm at night," he sang and I closed my eyes again.

"At night..."
Sign up to rate and review this story