Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

The Natural Enemy

by ukeueue 0 reviews

Figured X and G ought to be domestic once in a while, as well.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Gabrielle, Xena - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 277 words - Complete

0Unrated
16. The Natural Enemy
22 May 2006
X/G
figured X and G ought to be domestic once in a while, as well.

Xena leaned awkwardly outside the little stall, from which emanated the grunts and muttered curses indicative of a woman trying on new clothes.

She cleared her throat. "Done yet?" It'd been ten minutes last time she checked.

"No... I've--ugh--almost... got it--shit."

"Gabrielle? You alive in there?" She made a mental note never to offer to buy Gabrielle a new dress again.

"Er, I think I'm stuck."

"Stuck? How the--"

"Skip the lecture and just help me out here, why don't you?"

"Fine, fine, I'm coming in."

Xena slipped inside and eyed the contorted figure. "I think you've put your arms through the collar. Here, turn around." She carefully unhooked the fabric and pulled it around until a blonde head was visible. She watched while Gabrielle found the sleeves and finished dressing.

Gabrielle looked up while smoothing the skirt down properly. "What are you looking at?"

Unperturbed, Xena continued her slow perusal of Gabrielle's flushed face and messy hair. "You look nice," Xena said. Her lips, darker than usual.

Xena leaned down.

And she jumped at the sound of a loud cough directly behind her.

She backed out of the cubicle hastily, and Gabrielle hurriedly explained, "She was just helping me with this dress."

"Right." The salesclerk continued to glare.

When Gabrielle made her choice, Xena rushed her to the checkout. After she paid the snob behind the counter, she felt a hand on her arm.

Gabrielle smiled at her and said, "Thank you, Xena. I love it."

Maybe this shopping thing wasn't that bad.
Sign up to rate and review this story