Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Faults

by ukeueue 0 reviews

Know thyself.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Ares, Xena - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 246 words - Complete

0Unrated
17. Faults
22 May 2006
X/A - pure fluff. puuuuuure fluff.

If Xena had a fault, well, besides the obvious one of blaming herself for everything, it was that she couldn't say "No," especially not to brown-haired, blue-eyed teenagers who pout and call her "Auntie Xena."

Ares saw her leaning on one the bigger trees in that patented Xena I'm-bored-as-fuck-but-if-I-see-something-I-don't-like-watch-your-teeth-fall-out slouch. She was wearing some sort of frilly red dress, something Thera probably forced onto her. He had no idea how, after a twenty-five year gap, she found her brother again. Then again, how does she do anything? Thera was Toris's daughter, now eighteen, and this was her wedding.

He noticed the flash of relief in her eyes when she looked up and saw him approaching.

"Nice threads," he said.

She mimed laughing sarcastically.

He glanced around. The happy couple and their friends were in the big clearing, dancing in that jerky fashion young humans were so fond of lately.

"Wanna dance?" he asked.

She looked bewildered, but didn't resist when he took her hand and led her away from the tree.

He pulled her close, and to his surprise, found that she could follow a lead. She laughed when he spun her around.

"I didn't know you could dance," she said.

He lowered his voice into the I'm-sexy-as-hell timbre. "I have many skills," he rumbled, and she laughed again.

If he had a fault, Ares thought, it was that he was far too attached to hearing her laugh.
Sign up to rate and review this story