Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Insomnia

by ukeueue 0 reviews

For old times' sake.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ares, Xena - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 256 words - Complete

0Unrated
20. Insomnia
25 May 2006
X/A

Xena sat up in the dark, ready to wake Gabrielle in case of trouble.

"What do you want?" she snapped, her pounding headache lending an extra edge to her words.

He stood there after a blue flash, cradling a chicken in one hand.

"What the hell is that?"

He looked at her, pursing his lips as if thinking about her question. "A chicken."

She glowered menacingly, an expression she perfected years ago with the aim of reducing hardened warriors to stuttering children. "I know it's a fucking chicken. Why are you here, bothering me, with a chicken?"

He smiled winsomely. "A funny thing happened today. I thought I'd share."

"Because you were aware of my long-time fascination with chicken."

"Blondie doesn't look like very good company, out cold like that."

"What makes you think yours is preferable?"

Ares pressed his free hand to his chest. "She's hostile. Be still my heart."

"Let me help with that," she said, reaching for her chakram.

He picked it up before she touched it and crouched beside her, his eyes black and huge in what remained of the firelight. "Come on, Xena. Can you really tell me that you don't miss sitting up with me at night, just," he shrugged, "talking?"

Her eyes narrowed resentfully. "That was a long time ago."

He didn't move, and she rubbed her temples tiredly under the assault of his boyish pout. "Sit down," she said.

He smiled again.

"It started with Discord stealing Princess-Bitch Artemis' bow and shooting my annoying..."
Sign up to rate and review this story