Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Riding in Cars with Egos

by ukeueue 0 reviews

Boys and their toys.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Xena, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 310 words - Complete

0Unrated
21. Riding in Cars with Egos
25 May 2006
Gen - glare darnpeoplewhomakemethinkaboutthingsuntilihavetowriteitdown

Xena stopped at the curb. "Is this one yours?"

"Yes, yes it is." He rattled off the make and looked at her expectantly.

"Oh, wow," she said dutifully, trying to remember what he called it in case he quizzed her later, and he nodded graciously.

He opened the door on the passenger's side with an "Allow me," before loping to the other side and hopping over the door directly into the richly-upholstered driver's seat. He patted the dashboard affectionately. "This baby and I are going to take the world by storm."

"Mr. Caesar-"

"Please, call me Julius."

"Right. You said there was something you wanted to discuss with me?"

The engine turned over, and they glided smoothly into the traffic. "An offer, actually," Caesar said. "I've been thinking about the future, my dear Xena, and as you know, every great man needs a great partner. A woman-charismatic, beautiful-to accompany him in his rise to power. If I may be so blunt, I must say, Xena, that Roman finery becomes you; you would be an excellent asset to the Caesar name."

They rolled onto the freeway, and Caesar glanced at the rearview mirror. With a sigh, he reached up to return his hair to order.

"Caesar!" Xena stared at him in horror. "You're doing 80!"

"I know," he said absently, pushing a few wind-blown strands down.

"Hands on the wheel!"

"Fine, fine." He replaced his hat carefully. "So, what do you think of my offer, Xena?" He gazed at her earnestly. "I knew you were part of my Destiny the moment I first saw you."

Xena checked her seatbelt again. He capitalized the word "destiny" vocally. "Caesar," she said slowly, "you've got problems." She was going to die.

He smiled and shook his head indulgently.

"Stay in the middle of the fucking lane!"
Sign up to rate and review this story