Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > Girl's Got Competition

Enter Savannah Preston: The Other Woman

by Princess_Rixie 0 reviews

Selphie Tilmitt seemed to have Irvine wrapped around her finger. Well, that is, until Savannah Preston transfers to Garden. Can Selphie realizes what she's lost, or does she risk losing Irvine for ...

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Irvine, Selphie - Warnings: [!!] [?] [X] - Published: 2006-09-04 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 1059 words

0Unrated


Her name was Savannah Preston. Full lips, blond hair, tall height, big boobs; sounds like the female counterpart to Seifer Almasy. Hotness on legs, as Irvine once said. Yeah, it made me puke too. I hated her from the second I met her, well, at least when she started going out with Irvine. I wasn't sure if it was jealousy or not, though. Actually, I think it was all jealousy. She was the opposite of me; mature, beautiful, and curvaceous. I got stuck with lines immature, just plain pretty, and yeah, Hyne blessed me with 34As. Put it this way, my boobs were never my strong suit. But off the topic of my boobs (or lack of, if you must say). The day I met her was just one day after my last encounter with Irvine.

---
This day was much different than the last. The sun was shining; the birds were chirping...it was a nice day. But the grass was still wet, to my misfortune when I sat in it. Lovely wet spot on my butt I may add.

I was currently flipping through a book, not looking where I was going when I bumped into her for the first time.

We both ended up on the ground. As we pulled ourselves up, I noticed her for the first time. We looked eyes, looking at the ridiculous expressions on our faces. We shared a laugh at the strangeness of the situation.

I brushed myself off, and handed her the book that she had dropped. "Thank you." She said softly, brushing herself off as well as she took the wet book. "I'm Savannah Preston. Just transferred 'rom Galbadia to finish up my SeeD training. And you are?"

"Selphie Tilmett. I transferred from Trabia a few months ago."

Savannah's jaw dropped, and she clasped a hand to her gaping mouth. "THE Selphie Tilmett? As in the one that defeated 'he Sorceress Ultimecia?" I nodded, being used to be asking this.

"Is it true? Y'know, you and Irvine Kinneas? Datin'?" her eyes flashed an excited emotion, but was dampened when I shook my head.

I laughed and shook my head. "Me and Irvine? We're just best friends. I couldn't date him. It would be awkward." I reply, as the blond knockout aside from me nods in understanding.

"Hey Sefie." A familiar voice behind me calls, "Are you talking about me?"

"And there he would be." I say as Irvine Kinneas himself decides to crash on our conversation.

"Who's your hot friend over there?" he asked me, motioning seductively at Savannah.

Ugh. I will hate Irvine Kinneas forever for saying that. Actually, that's not true, but life would be so much less complicated if I did.

"Oh, this is Savannah Preston. She's a cadet that just transferred from Galbadia." I reply, as if nothing is affecting me. Man, I am turning into Squall.

"Nice to meet 'cha." Irvine said in his "sexy voice". He always used this particular voice on girls he liked. He actually used to do it on me, but I told him how ridiculous he sounded, and he stopped.

"Well, I have to see Xu for something. I'd stay, but I'm late already. Bye Selphie, Savannah." Irvine turns to me, and unlike his usual hat tip or hug, he grabs me by the rear, lifts me up and kisses me.

Before I could fully realize what he was doing, he pushed his luck and plunged his tongue into my mouth. Finally, I come to my senses, and pull away, stunned. I blink a few times before shouting in his face. "Kinneas, what the hell was that for?"

He chuckled. He laughed in my face. Oh god, Irvine Kinneas drives me insane. "Y'know, when a man kisses you, y'usually don't ask 'em why." He smirks at me, angering me further.

By this time, my face is probably bright red, a mixture of embarrassment and anger, and most of it was anger. I was so pissed at Irvine Kinneas, I could punch him. I would have, but he'd catch my hand and make me look dumber. "You're a bastard, you know that." I sneer in his face. Now I'm turning into Seifer. Seriously, I better start acting like Selphie soon or I'm going to have a checkup.

He tips his hat at me. "Yes ma'am." He grins his trademark grin, which just makes me angrier. I think there is steam coming out of my ears right about now.

I give him the finger. "Go fuck yourself." I know, such language is not becoming for a lady, but I don't care at the moment.

He chuckles again. I hate it when he does that. It just makes me madder and madder. "Missy, I don't think it is possible to for me to fuck myself. But I think you will be doing that for me soon." Oh no, he did not just say that.

I have a secret. I can kick really hard. I can probably kick harder than Zell. So, with my special skill, I kick Irvine Kinneas in the place where it really hurts. And now, I'm the one laughing as Irvine instinctively withdraws, clutching the spot where my perfectly aimed kick connected.

His breathing is labored, which was an indicator that I got him good. "Jesus Sef, are you trying to make me infertile here? ...Holy Hyne you can kick harder than I though." He said in between difficult breaths, his eyes tearing up with tears of pain.

I smile slightly to myself in pride of how I completely made a complete ass of Irvine Kinneas in front of a girl. I turn to Savannah. "You have now witnessed why I could never date Irvine Kinneas."

I pat Irvine on the head affectionately. "You have been an excellent venting post. Now, get up, ya pansy." I say with a big smile on my face, knowing that I won that battle.

I turn on my heel and walk away. I do however overhear something Irvine said to Savannah. I do believe it was "I love that girl, but seriously, once you get her too mad, she gets physical. Usually she punches me, but I think she realized that doesn't work anymore."

As of now, that was the last time for awhile that Irvine Kinneas said to anyone that he loved me.

---
Sign up to rate and review this story