Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Between your smiles & Regrets

Excessive Procrastination & Indicision...

by burnbaby_xburn 3 reviews

Do You Love Me?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-04 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 1197 words

1Ambiance
I finished packing up my belongings into my black 2005 mustang. It was packed as it could get. I left a note on the table with the exact rose that he had given me yesterday morning. I decided that it was my time to leave as he decided earlier that it was his time to leave. I couldn't spend anymore alone time in this house dwelling on the idea that maybe it could have been prevented somehow. I left my key on the table by the letter and walked out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind me and then closing it. I'll admit I was taking the cowards way of the whole situation but then again, so was he. I walked out to my car and sat it in. I looked at the house remembering all the good times that we had there and all the laughs that were made. A part of me sank realizing that I was leaving my home, but at the same time, I was going home. It would be a long drive back to my hometown just outside of Toronto, but I needed it. I didn't want to be in Chicago anymore. I didn't want to be around when Pete and the guys came back. I figured it would be easier this way then having to deal with the screaming and yelling that eventually would happen if and when Pete came home.

It was indeed a long drive home but eleven hours later I had finally pulled into the loft apartment that I called my home. I had kept this apartment for when Pete and I would be in and around Toronto because it was a lot easier then getting a hotel and having to live out of a suitcase there for days. I grabbed my purse and walked up the long spiral staircase to the top floor apartment and unlocked the door. It was just the way I had left it. Chic and clean. It was a very moden looking apartment with the main colours being black, grey and of course, white. We had a pool in our backyard and a jacuzzi off to the side of it. I hit the lock key on my automatic key pad for my car, and watched the lights on the car go off signalling that everything was good to go and locked up. I sighed flopping down on the couch. There was a weird feeling surrounding this trip home and right now sitting on the couch I felt like it was almost right being here. I flipped open my sidekick and looked at the new text message. Of course, it was from Patrick. A simple text with probably a more complex background to it. "/Call me when you get home/." I smirked, 'Oh Patrick'. I thought, I didn't know exactly how he did it, but whatever he did, he did it good. He was Patrick, who knew me like the back of his hand. I dialed the number to Patricks cell phone and smiled when I heard his voice.


"Hey there beautiful." he always knew how to cheer me up.
"Hey." I crossed my arm across my stomach and leaned further into the couch.
"How was it?"
"What exactly do you mean, Patrick?" I laughed slightly, I knew it wasn't going to work at all.
"The drive, Duh!"
"Ohhh! That. It was okay. It was long, but yah know," I sighed. "How is he?"
"He's holding on, but barely. He loves you, you know." I knew that was the answer I was going to get, I also knew I wasn't going to like it at all.
"I know." I said quietly.
"Then what are you doing?" I could hear Patrick moving around and could hear Joe in the background asking if it was me. Patrick must have waved Joe off because all I could hear was Joe saying 'Patrick fucking tell me now!'

The background noise must have disappeared because I couldn't hear Joe in the background anymore all I could hear was silence. I smiled into the phone at Patrick and how good of a friend he always was there for you no matter what type of situation you had gotten yourself into. He was gold.


"You can't do this to him Kate, he needs some form of closure. He's pretty much dying over here, y'know? You moving away isn't going to give you any closure either. I'm not trying to tell you what to do here.."
"I am not asking you to tell me what to do either. I am a big girl Patrick and I know what I am doing but I really just need this. He doesn't know that I left. I am here on my own terms. He left me yesterday Pat, with a note. A goddamn note Patrick. Now please talk to me about closure. Please."
Patrick sat quietly and I could almost hear his brain ticking. I heard another voice come over in the background and I almost died.
"Hey Pat, who you talking to?" It was Pete, he didn't sound normal at all. He sounded far too mellow for his own good.
"Hey you, just my Mom." I tried so hard not to giggle.
"Tell her I say 'hey!'" Pete's voice went away almost as fast as it came.
Patrick just stayed silent for a little while longer, and so did I. I didn't want to be the first to initiate something like this, but he could say something that might make me feel a little bit better.
"Kate?" I heard the question in his voice.
"Yeah babe. Im here." I smiled.
"We're going to be in Toronto in a week. You know you have to be there, so I will mail you your backstage pass and you better be there. If not, I know where you live and I have your phone number. I will find you if I have to and drag you to that show, I swear."
"Patrick.."
"Don't give me any hassel now, it's not what I want from you. I just want a 'yes Patrick I will most definately be there promptly and yes you can pay when you take me out for dinner later on after the show'."
I burst out laughing, I couldn't contain myself because of the funny impression that he was doing of me.
"So it's a date?" Patrick said laughing as well.
"It's a date!" I said laughing, "I have to go Patrick, I've got to go grocery shopping and what not. I will call you later babe."
"Don't call me, call Pete." I could sense that Patrick was smiling, "Love you."
"Love you too, bye."

I hung up the phone and placed it back into my purse. I really didn't have to do groceries, I just didn't want Patrick all over my case anymore because if I had wanted to work things out with Pete I would have a long time ago. Like this morning when I woke up, I would have immediately called him. But I didn't because at this moment, I didn't know what it was that I exactly wanted.
Sign up to rate and review this story